Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I am currently a Glob. I signed up, as my email address is of a company that is targeted.

Anyone know...

Can a current Glob participate in the promo, or was it a website "error" that showed me that I am now registered?

I'm currently at 18 nights (decided at beginning of the year that WoH was so bad I was no longer going to make Hyatt my first choice). I can only do about 15 nights in the next 90 days. Is the requirement to have 20 total for the year (do my past stays help), or is it to have 20 new nights during the 90 day period (which I can't pull off)? I see up-thread posts of people that "all of the sudden" note that he/she has Glob status with over 20 nights YTD but not yet hitting 60 YTD... implying that he/she made Glob with retroactive credit of nights, as I read their situation(s).

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Dang! No dice.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I am currently a Glob. I signed up, as my email address is of a company that is targeted.

Anyone know...

Can a current Glob participate in the promo, or was it a website "error" that showed me that I am now registered?

I'm currently at 18 nights (decided at beginning of the year that WoH was so bad I was no longer going to make Hyatt my first choice). I can only do about 15 nights in the next 90 days. Is the requirement to have 20 total for the year (do my past stays help), or is it to have 20 new nights during the 90 day period (which I can't pull off)? I see up-thread posts of people that "all of the sudden" note that he/she has Glob status with over 20 nights YTD but not yet hitting 60 YTD... implying that he/she made Glob with retroactive credit of nights, as I read their situation(s).

Thanks!
You need to read the T&Cs for the offer you used to sign up.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Wow Hyatt loyalty and IT departments are such a mess.

Some above ask what happens after one registers. As the page notes, an email is sent to the corporate email address you provided. In that email is a "complete registration" clickthru.

I clicked-thru and arrived at a hyatt.com page noting "Sorry, you're already registered for this promotion." So, great I think, my registration is confirmed... not so fast, knowing Hyatt IT I'm thinking I'll call and confirm.

So, I call, and HGP (WoH) tells me I'm not registered. They say I'm not eligible because I'm already Glob. Even though the Ts&Cs (I can't see Ts&Cs on hyatt.com, but the HGP agents directs me to the loyaltylobby.com page) don't explicitly exclude Globs, and even though hyatt.com website confirms I'm registered, I'm told I'm excluded.

Another case of Loyaty, IT, and hyatt.com webpages just not working correctly - what a mess.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:13 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What in the world are they thinking, if Hyatt is still capable of thinking?
Now, as an economist, you should know that companies frequently look to enhance revenues and profits through selling the additional products or services at the margin, at or above cost.

The Globalist "match" isn't really that great as it requires the member to be Explorist and then do 20 nights. Usually, it's a differential of 30 so only a slight reduction. Though with some cash+pts nights, it could be a better deal.

Believe me, I'd gladly trade my IHG Spire status (75 nts) for Globalist, if they started me out at Globalist, as the previous DIA match (a true match, almost) provided. However, IHG's are everywhere at good prices, vs Hyatt's limited footprint and higher rates, even with some great corp rates.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United 1k, Le Club Silver
Originally Posted by sam_goh
TSUs and qualifying for Globalist are decoupled now. TSUs need 60 nights.
I was trying to adjust my travel pattern for this promotion. However, if I can't get the suite upgrade awards after completing the fast track challenge then what is the point to participate?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pollyG
I was trying to adjust my travel pattern for this promotion. However, if I can't get the suite upgrade awards after completing the fast track challenge then what is the point to participate?
The point would be having Globalist status. Which, among many other things, qualifies you for space available suite upgrades on every stay.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
TSUs are only a part of the equation. They are valuable, but so is the status. I did mattress runs in Jan/Feb to ensure status for 2018, but looks like might organically requalify 60 nights anyways. Now.... to time the 60th night for Dec 31 :P
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have a 3 night stay from Dec 30-Jan 2nd.
Can I count on 2 of those nights counting for this promotion or am I out of luck since the checkout is after Dec 31
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:46 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by invalyd
I have a 3 night stay from Dec 30-Jan 2nd.
Can I count on 2 of those nights counting for this promotion or am I out of luck since the checkout is after Dec 31
If the T&Cs for this promo are the same for the recently announced credit card promo, you're out of luck.
"To earn credit towards this offer, member must check out of a reservation during the Qualification Period. If member checks into a reservation during the Qualification Period, but does not check out until after the Qualification Period has ended, (s)he will not earn credit towards this offer for any nights stayed as part of that reservation."
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What in the world are they thinking, if Hyatt is still capable of thinking?
Now, as an economist, you should know that companies frequently look to enhance revenues and profits through selling the additional products or services at the margin, at or above cost.

The Globalist "match" isn't really that great as it requires the member to be Explorist and then do 20 nights. Usually, it's a differential of 30 so only a slight reduction. Though with some cash+pts nights, it could be a better deal.

AirbusFan2B: I thought everyone with Hyatt credit card was automatically Explorist?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

AirbusFan2B: I thought everyone with Hyatt credit card was automatically Explorist?
The Visa card grants Discoverist status.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Hyatt Visa cardholder, just got an offer to be Platinum for 10, Diamond for 20 nights between September 1st and Dec. 30th. No differentiation based on current status... and since I have about 8 nights so far this year (vs almost 50 last year) this would renew Diamond until 2019 for a total of 28 nights.

No DSU's for 20 nights, though.

Thinking this is yet another smack in the face to those of you who are doing mattress runs to requalify for 2018-19.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Hyatt Visa cardholder, just got an offer to be Platinum for 10, Diamond for 20 nights between September 1st and Dec. 30th. No differentiation based on current status... and since I have about 8 nights so far this year (vs almost 50 last year) this would renew Diamond until 2019 for a total of 28 nights.

No DSU's for 20 nights, though.

Thinking this is yet another smack in the face to those of you who are doing mattress runs to requalify for 2018-19.
I went from Diamond to abandoning ship on Hyatt when WOH came out. I didn't like it for starters, but the poor rollout and that idiotic AMA on Reddit really put me over the edge.

Used up my points on two vacations and was done with Hyatt.

Became a Marriott leaning free agent.

Incredibly the only two Hyatts I frequent now in North America are Vancouver and San Francisco. I have two long (9-10 days each) stays at each and will probably qualify for this as I still have a Hyatt cc.

I really wonder how many times Hyatt WOH can shoot itself in the foot until the whole appendage needs to be amputated. I am the last guy to be an advocate for Hyatt and will not have much use for the status bumps next year.

In fact the only pleasure I will take will come from the 1-2 times a year in the (YVR or SF) lounge when you see/hear/run into a DYKWIA who is humble-bragging to someone/nobody about their "status". I cannot wait to tell them that I am a Glob as well due to Hyatt running various corporate based and credit card based promo's to let in the 20 night a year crowd like me.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:57 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
This is back ... The terms are the same as last year. A member must register for this offer and will receive Explorist status upgrade instantaneously. To keep the status through February 2020, the member must complete 10 nights within 90 days after registration. Members can get Globalist status by completing 20 nights over the same period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.