Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
LOL! This is hilarious! 25 stay Diamonds are 'freeloaders' but 20 night Globs are valuable customers. 2 Funny.
Too bad it'll take until sometime next year to burn all of my points. Hyatt has really turned itself into one of the worst hotel loyalty programs out there. Even IHG's better than this crap.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether the list of eligible companies is the same as the list of companies with corporate rates for Hyatt. Does anyone have anecdotal evidence to confirm or deny this?
Nope, they are not the same, my company was not included.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:27 pm

Loyalty is a two-way street. Hyatt is deceitful here. This is aggravating and will lead me to the competition. WOH must be a dismal failure.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Nope, they are not the same, my company was not included.
So not only do they alienate the "low rent" 25 stay former diamonds ,in addition to those needing 60 nights in 2017 ,but add to the seriously p'd off list those who work with companies with corporate rates but excluded from this ultra fast -track offer for "high value" guests. It defies belief.
The suggestion further above that this is clever marketing is simply risible ( or perhaps it was sarcastic).
Old May 11, 2017, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by paolo64
So not only do they alienate the "low rent" 25 stay former diamonds ,in addition to those needing 60 nights in 2017 ,but add to the seriously p'd off list those who work with companies with corporate rates but excluded from this ultra fast -track offer for "high value" guests. It defies belief.
The suggestion further above that this is clever marketing is simply risible ( or perhaps it was sarcastic).
It's like the movie The Producers, where they tried to create a play that everyone hated, except that everyone loved it.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JackE
It's like the movie The Producers, where they tried to create a play that everyone hated, except that everyone loved it.

Hyatt says that they're trying to create a program that everyone loves, but everyone hates it.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:09 am

Waiting to see (unless someone has already asked and had this answered??) whether this turns into a 20 night opp for current Globalists (who were planning to go out this year in a points burning blaze of glory this year (aka use all my 230K points and free night certs and move onto SPG/Marriott) to remain with Hyatt another year... b/c I could pull off 25 stays or 50 nights, but not 60 (at least not without some being award nights!)
Old May 12, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ShaynaLeahK
Waiting to see (unless someone has already asked and had this answered??) whether this turns into a 20 night opp for current Globalists (who were planning to go out this year in a points burning blaze of glory this year (aka use all my 230K points and free night certs and move onto SPG/Marriott) to remain with Hyatt another year... b/c I could pull off 25 stays or 50 nights, but not 60 (at least not without some being award nights!)
I would have thought not, but today my status matched MLife status matched back to WoH status to extend my Explorist status into 2019, with four extra club upgrades to boot! So who knows anymore!
Old May 12, 2017, 7:35 am

What a mess. I am already 40 nights in so they timed this "perfectly". I spent the time at Hyatt in Q1 to build up my nights and they do this. Plus my company is eligible for the accelerated offer...nice.

At this point, i will do my last 20 nights and kiss this POS program goodbye. I am so pissed.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
What a mess. I am already 40 nights in so they timed this "perfectly". I spent the time at Hyatt in Q1 to build up my nights and they do this. Plus my company is eligible for the accelerated offer...nice.

At this point, i will do my last 20 nights and kiss this POS program goodbye. I am so pissed.
No you won't. The fact that you already put in 40 nights under said POS program proves it. They have your "irrational loyalty" for good.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Why would you do that? So you have status next year when you have kissed the program good bye and don't stay with them anymore?

Last edited by notquiteaff; May 12, 2017 at 8:41 am
Old May 12, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Why would you do that?
"Irrational loyalty"

It's Mark's favorite buzzword at quarterly conference calls, as if he is proud of tricking people into doing things that they shouldn't.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Someone once said: "Life is too short to spend it being angry" -- smart words

/hope you still have a sense of humor after WoH's debacle

Cheers

Originally Posted by Mary2e
yada yada yada ...

Arghhhh
Old May 12, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Of course I do
Old May 12, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat

I am in the same boat with 49 nights to date and now with my company eligible for this offer so i am equally angry. i will finish my 11 nights because we have a family holiday next year where I want the benefits. That's the end for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.