Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 9:30 pm

My V5 biglaw firm is not eligible for this promotion.

Haven't stayed at a Hyatt all year (was a 5+ year Diamond), and b/c of WoH changes have transferred all business to SPG and (shudder) Hilton. I would reconsider if it were an open trial and if they offered Globalist during the trial.

But as stated above, how on earth can they screw up so royally with the WoH changes and THEN slap in the face all the lemmings who actually did qualify for Globalist under the current qualification scheme? It makes zero sense.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
If you want to see if your domain/company is eligible just enter a company email into the email field. Don't submit the form but click into the Membership # field. If a red error appears below the email field you are not eligible.
Even though I am apparently eligible (the validate-email script returns true) I have yet to receive an email with instructions.
Good find. I am eligible, but currently at least definitely not interested.

I tried a bunch of major company domains and many were eligible. This chould result in a large pool of potential / hypothetical new elites competing for those elusive suite upgrades.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What in the world are they thinking, if Hyatt is still capable of thinking?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are we sure about how these rules will be applied to those who get Glob via 20 nights?

There were previous Hyatt status challenges that not only gave Diamond privileges during the challenge period, but also permitted those who did not meet the challenge (sometimes with no Hyatt activity at all during the three month period) to keep their four DSUs for later use. IIRC if the person did meet the requirement to retain Diamond, they received four more DSUs as an additional reword.
But in HGP the DSUs were awarded when you reached Diamond status. With WoH you reach Glob with 55 stays (renewal) but you need to reach 60 nights to actually get the confirmed suite upgrades.

For the Explorist level it's actually not documented that you need to reach 30 nights to get the club upgrades. It appears to be part of the status.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...camp=explorist

But the T&C of the offer say you don't get the club upgrades as part of the trial. Unclear to me if that covers the 90 day trial status only, or the extended status if you stay 10 nights during that time.

"The trial will provide the member with the benefits of Explorist status, as set forth in the World of Hyatt program terms, provided that the member will not receive any Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) as part of the trial."
Old May 10, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Perhaps they thought that enough people would be inspired by all the WOH marketing to pound through a bunch of Hyatt nights in the first half of the year to obtain the elusive 'benefits'. But now that the cat is out of the bag about how there are few suite upgrades, TSUs are never available, and etc, very few people are on the Glob track and so Hyatt is trying to juice the numbers fast.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh sh... our numbers don't look good. How can we get more elites?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Oh sh... our numbers don't look good. How can we get more elites?
Shouldn't the question be about obtaining and retaining high value customers, not fake elites that will be gone when their fake status ends?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:50 pm

Shouldn't the question be about obtaining and retaining high value customers, not fake elites that will be gone when their fake status ends?
My guess is that along with the other short-term thinking, someone high up has decided that if they just curry favor with companies (this is why the Glob challenge is limited to particular companies) they can sustain the program just on big-company-related business. What they don't realize is that it is people who choose their own travel and follow their own schedules that are likely to be loyal long-term.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
My large company with an untold number of travelers isn't eligible. Weird since I know virtually no one using Hyatt anymore.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Katlor
My guess is that along with the other short-term thinking, someone high up has decided that if they just curry favor with companies (this is why the Glob challenge is limited to particular companies) they can sustain the program just on big-company-related business. What they don't realize is that it is people who choose their own travel and follow their own schedules that are likely to be loyal long-term.
Plus, if they want the corporate accounts, they should only offer the status to the travel policy decision makers, and not everyone who happens to have a company email address. Moreover, many corporate rates are deeply discounted with very good terms, so these might not be your most profitable consumers.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:54 pm

Maybe we should make a wiki listing the companies that are eligible. It would also be interesting to see a list of major companies that are not eligible.

For starters, my guess is that any email address not ending in .com for USA is not eligible.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:01 pm

I'm worried they've got someone at the top who is obsessing about "millennials" in the wrong way. There's this tendency lately for businesses to fantasize about this ideal young, high-paid consumer and get so obsessed with it that they cut off their nose to spite their face. They chase away business in an attempt to get the "hippest" consumer, when in reality some of the hippest consumers today still barely make a living wage and aren't going to make a public company profitable. Meanwhile the bread and butter of a company's business could be a bunch of other demographics (some that are as young as the "cool" millennial but might work in a different "uncool" industry) that the companies don't value anymore because they don't fit their image of what a "cool" customer is.

When I saw the World of Hyatt branding I worried that this was the case, I am starting to think it is.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe we should make a wiki listing the companies that are eligible. It would also be interesting to see a list of major companies that are not eligible.

For starters, my guess is that any email address not ending in .com for USA is not eligible.
It's pretty easy to find information about the email format of the Fortune 500 in a convenient format online, and a quick python script to feed each one to the validator isn't difficult by any means...
Old May 10, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Microsoft.com works.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

What boggles the mind is that Hyatt has gone through great lengths to fire the ~40 night/25 stay Diamonds, many of whom must have been in the $8-10k annual spend range. Let's say 1 in 10 of these new 20 night status matchees will actually stick around as 60nt/$20k Globs, and you'll need 5 status matchees to make up the revenue of every long-term ~40 night/25 stay Diamond Hyatt lost.

1 in 10 status matchees for each profitable Glob conversion is probably not that far off, seeing that most people will sign up for status match just because it's available, and even the most enthusiastic status match recipient will be limited by Hyatt's footprint (remember: 27 Hyatts in all of Europe and 18 in SE Asia). Not to mention that worldwide, there are only 16 Andaz, 49 Grand Hyatts, and 40 Park Hyatts. Throw in a few of the better Regencies, generic Hyatts, and Unbound properties, and call it 150 properties these newly recruited high value travelers might want to stay at. That assumes, of course, that Hyatt isn't relying on the no benefits at HH/HP and anemic promo to sway these newly minted Globs.

A slap in the face of all former Diamonds who are considering stretching to 60 nights, and evidence of a huge marketing failure.
bbbb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.