Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Is Marriott in that many more places or are there just more of them? It's not the same thing. If you are in a city with 3 Hyatts and 15 Marriotts (like San Francisco), the 5x footprint doesn't really make much of a difference -- if you want to stay at a Hyatt you can.

Maybe I just don't go to remote enough places, but the only place that I've ever been where there was no Hyatt was Helsinki.
Like Joe_miami said, it's both. The ones that have come to mind from my trip planning lately have been New Zealand, Victoria BC, and Hawaii's Big Island. None of those are major world hubs of commerce like SF, but they're all places that lots of not-terribly-adventurous travelers want to go (and adventurous travelers, too, of course!)

I think the the two are actually pretty related. If Marriott has 15 hotels in a place, Hyatt is very likely to have at least 2-3. But if Marriott has 2-3, chances of there being 1 Hyatt are much lower.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That explains the robotic check-in and housekeeping initiatives that the strikers were so upset about.
Is Marriott in that many more places or are there just more of them? It's not the same thing. If you are in a city with 3 Hyatts and 15 Marriotts (like San Francisco), the 5x footprint doesn't really make much of a difference -- if you want to stay at a Hyatt you can.
Maybe I just don't go to remote enough places, but the only place that I've ever been where there was no Hyatt was Helsinki.
I'll just echo @joe_miami (Hi Joe, we seem to be on a lot of threads together!). It is both.

A few recent examples where there's no (or almost no) good option
- Rome. Nope, the closest is Milan.
- Barcelona. At the time, PH Mallorca was the closest property.
- Lots of Caribbean islands. Hyatt's getting better, but not there yet.
- As mentioned a lot of places, current state (prior to the SLH more fully integrating) is that Europe is pathetic. Africa is terrible. South and Central America is better.

Cases where 3x in a big city isn't good enough:
- Seattle. I had a flight diversion and wanted to spend the night at Hyatt. The closest was Lake Washington, and about the same time as GH/Olive 8. Marriott has four airport hotels with shuttles.
- Los Angeles. The closest hotel is ...Glendale or West Hollywood?

Really what it comes down to is that Hyatt has pretty good coverage in the US and much of Asia. But there are still some fairly good sized holes even in those areas.
Outside of that, there are some massive holes.

I think Hyatt has been doing an great job of fixing them (especially with SLH for international areas where Hyatt doesn't have much presence) so I continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and the majority of my business.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Houston is another good example. I believe the “airport” Hyatt is 12 miles from IAH.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:01 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Houston is another good example. I believe the “airport” Hyatt is 12 miles from IAH.
Continuing the thread drift ...There's a HP and a HR about 7 miles from the terminals at IAH, and both have shuttles. The closest "airport" hotels, other than the Marriott right between 2 of the terminals, are a Spring Hill Suites and a Doubletree about 3 miles from the terminals. The Doubletree was formerly a Hyatt but changed several years ago.

There have been several Hyatt properties opened in the Houston area in the past few years. At least one is a HR, but most are HPs. There's another HR and a HH in the planning stages too. Even with Hyatt's growth, there's still probably 5x the number of Marriott properties in the area.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Just another data point that DW just re qualified for Globalist after staying 20 nights after I signed her up for this promo (her corporate email qualifies). Expiration date updated to 02/29/2020 one day after check-out.

It's been a great deal for the past 2 years of this promotion. She focussed on Marriott earlier in the year and after hitting Plat Premier, switched over to focus almost exclusively on Hyatt. Expect to end the year with around 35-40 nights with Hyatt which would have gone to Marriott without the Globalist status.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Can you confirm if she got the confirmation email? I got no confirmation email and am in limbo since corporate travel (huge company) say call Hyatt to find out if my enrollment went through, and Hyatt say "call your corporate travel". So don't know whether to shift nights to Hyatt (at personal cost) or leave them with Hilton. Arghghgghghgh.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by yaromac
Can you confirm if she got the confirmation email? I got no confirmation email and am in limbo since corporate travel (huge company) say call Hyatt to find out if my enrollment went through, and Hyatt say "call your corporate travel". So don't know whether to shift nights to Hyatt (at personal cost) or leave them with Hilton. Arghghgghghgh.
Yep. She forwarded it to me. Came on the same day that that the 20th night posted. The email subject was "Welcome to Another Year of Globalist Status"

Since that 20th night also took her past her 30th night of the year, the Category 1-4 night also showed up a day later. Do you remember if you actually completed the sign-up process? In her case, I signed her up for the challenge with her work email and then let her know that she needs to click on an email she would receive on her work email, which she did. Unless you did that, its doubtful that you were signed up for the challenge.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Does anyone have any data points from last time of what takes precedence for the qualification period? I know they quote 90 days, but if your 90 day period takes you past the end of the year (12/31), which one is counted?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:26 pm

An update on my earlier question - I registered via my work email as a current (full) Globalist in November. Reached my 20 nights yesterday, and received the "Welcome to another year of Globalist" email today, wohoo! Thanks again for the replies & input on here.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by antipodes88
An update on my earlier question - I registered via my work email as a current (full) Globalist in November. Reached my 20 nights yesterday, and received the "Welcome to another year of Globalist" email today, wohoo! Thanks again for the replies & input on here.
How long is the status good through? Since you made it in 2019, is it good all the way through 2020? Or just through next February?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
How long is the status good through? Since you made it in 2019, is it good all the way through 2020? Or just through next February?
Valid until Feb 2020.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by antipodes88
Same for me. Current Globalist, registered in November and did a mix of paid and award stays. Just cleared my 20th night and got the "Welcome to another year of Globalist" email as well...

Assuming we don't get the TSUs though? I don't see any in my account...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
No TSUs.
SpeedRicer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
https://dealswelike.boardingarea.com...and-challenge/.
DealDetective likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Signed up to see if my company qualified. Got an email confirmation but can't find it anywhere on my profile. Ah well, we'll see. I already have 20 nights with Hyatt this year already and have another 16 scheduled in the next month. I'll have no problem eventually hitting Globalist either way but it's nice to get it out of the way early since I like to do both highest tier on Hyatt and Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.