Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by azepine00
Why such drama?
If we start asking that question seriously, I think FT will simply evaporate into the ether.
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by itsallgood
My wager is that Hyatt management will announce this same status challenge with no restrictions, just like they did last year. Glob for everyone!
Hyatt did no such thing last year.

Originally Posted by azepine00
1) 20 nights in 3 mo is a lot - arguably harder than 55-60 in a year (but obviously depends on travel pattern)
2) even if one gets 20 nts there are no TSUs - again arguably the most valuable benefit which impacts availability for others
3) requirement is still tougher that SPG challenge, Marriott's taste of plat and hilton dia challenge
4) it would be foolish of hyatt not to try to acquire SPG elites disillusioned with generic marriott perks (and they are offering a challenge, not an outright match here)

Why such drama?
Why, indeed? It's ridiculous.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Hyatt did no such thing last year.
You're correct IF you somehow think that getting a Hyatt credit card is a difficult proposition.
I'm thinking about applying for one for my dog. Odds of getting a Hyatt credit card for Fido? Near certitude.

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Time this promotion around one's annual vacation and it's very easy to achieve as long as there's a Hyatt where you want to go.
Toss in a couple of TSUs for Glob Lites and I think that Hyatt can get their numbers up a bit.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:39 am
Suspended

You're correct IF you somehow think that getting a Hyatt credit card is a difficult proposition.
I'm thinking about applying for one for my dog. Odds of getting a Hyatt credit card for Fido? Near certitude.

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.
Ah, so now "everyone" is "everyone who already had a specific credit card and received the email invitation from said card."

Time this promotion around one's annual vacation and it's very easy to achieve as long as there's a Hyatt where you want to go.
What, exactly, is the big value of having Globalist Lite if one doesn't travel much and can only accomplish this challenge by timing their infrequent trips perfectly? Could someone explain that to me?

Toss in a couple of TSUs for Glob Lites and I think that Hyatt can get their numbers up a bit.
This is the second or third thread in which you've posted the "toss in a couple of TSUs" thing, which you invented out of thin air. There's zero evidence that Hyatt is worried about its raw number of Globalists as opposed to the profitability of said Globalists.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
What, exactly, is the big value of having Globalist Lite if one doesn't travel much and can only accomplish this challenge by timing their infrequent trips perfectly? Could someone explain that to me?

Well, you had HUGE issues with bringing back 25 stay Globs. Answer why that was a big deal to you if this revived shortcut to Glob is now OK? I'd surely like to hear your logic behind that.

This is the second or third thread in which you've posted the "toss in a couple of TSUs" thing, which you invented out of thin air.
Like I stated, Hyatt used TSUs in the past to entice new members. They obviously didn't get enough new members on the last two offers of this shortcut so I figured I'd point out how Hyatt management could get their membership numbers up since that IS the intent of this shortcut offer.

There's zero evidence that Hyatt is worried about its raw number of Globalists as opposed to the profitability of said Globalists.

Are you seriously calling this shortcut to Glob as 'zero evidence'? I'd say it shows quite the contrary; Hyatt's getting concerned about their WoH numbers and are trying to entice people to (re)join their loyalty program.
I'm glad you're happy with the shortcut offer. It should get some of us 'travel hackers' to boomerang back to Hyatt lounges and suites. Maybe even a few of those MPG Golds - not many, but a few.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Well, you had HUGE issues with bringing back 25 stay Globs. Answer why that was a big deal to you if this revived shortcut to Glob is now OK? I'd surely like to hear your logic behind that.
Is this an attempt at trolling or do you simply not know what you're talking about?

There's a huge difference between granting full Globalist with as few as 25 nights in 365 days and granting Globalist Lite with 20 nights in 90 days.

Like I stated, Hyatt used TSUs in the past to entice new members. They obviously didn't get enough new members on the last two offers of this shortcut so I figured I'd point out how Hyatt management could get their membership numbers up since that IS the intent of this shortcut offer.
You have no idea what Hyatt got or didn't get, but if the last promo was so insufficient, why would Hyatt re-run it without any changes?

Are you seriously calling this shortcut to Glob as 'zero evidence'? I'd say it shows quite the contrary; Hyatt's getting concerned about their WoH numbers and are trying to entice people to (re)join their loyalty program.
It's not a shortcut to Globalist; it's a shortcut to Globalist Lite. There remains zero evidence that Hyatt is feeling pressure to boost the raw number of elites without regard to profitability.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
No love for my super large consulting company email.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
No love for my super large consulting company email.
Same here. Worked last year. IBM, Oracle, ... all excluded. Online @google.com and @microsoft.com seem to be valid as suggested by the API JSON response.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by morphogencc
How does the corporate status match work? Can I use the email address of a friend at one of these companies, or do they have a way to check that your email matches your account?
I don't think they expect your corporate e-mail to match your account, but they may have harvested a list of names/emails/WOH#s from the corp booking tool like Concur.
Or, in previous times, you would contact Hyatt from your corp e-mail which clearly shows your full name, then they would register you for the match.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:53 pm

How does the corporate status match work? Can I use the email address of a friend at one of these companies, or do they have a way to check that your email matches your account?
I was wondering this exact same thing. I'm Explorist and have about three weeks of travel at Hyatts already booked in the next three months.. I'd love to get Globalist lite.. With enough luck I might properly qualify 60 nights this year.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:07 pm

Also, I know this may be "Globalist Lite" but does anyone know if full benefits are unlocked after 60 nights stay (particularly M Life and My Concierge)? I know TSU's are granted after 60 days. I'm definitely on track for that as of now.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Honor system.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CiscoKid08
Also, I know this may be "Globalist Lite" but does anyone know if full benefits are unlocked after 60 nights stay (particularly M Life and My Concierge)? I know TSU's are granted after 60 days. I'm definitely on track for that as of now.
If you hit 60 nights, you'll be full Globalist. Globalist Lite isn't any sort of purgatory for people who end up qualifying via the normal threshold.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
T&C from my company.

With the World of Hyatt loyalty program, you’ll experience rewards that matter. Earn points for what you already do—from stays to dining and spa experiences—and redeem them for free nights with no blackout dates in standard rooms at Hyatt hotels and resorts. Add elite status and receive even more rewards.

Try Explorist status
Members and Discoverists can enjoy many of the benefits of Explorist status immediately for 90 days with our Elite Tier offer. Your trial membership offers access to rewards like 20% Bonus Points, upgraded rooms, complimentary premium Internet and more.

To participate:
  • Register by November 28, 2018 to receive trial Explorist status for 90 days.
  • Stay 10 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration to maintain Explorist status through February 2020.
  • Stay an additional 10 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration and earn Globalist status through February 2020. Enjoy even more rewards with Globalist status like 30% Bonus Points, Club lounge access including breakfast and more.
Already a World of Hyatt Explorist member?
Fast track to Globalist status through February 2020 with the Elite Tier offer and enjoy our most elite status faster.

To participate:
  • Register by November 28, 2018.
  • Stay 20 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days of registration to achieve Globalist status through February 2020.
Register today and be on your way to earning elite status through February 2020.Terms and Conditions

General Terms: To qualify for this offer, World of Hyatt members must register between March 12, 2018, and November 28, 2018. Offer only valid for World of Hyatt members who are employed by an entity that has received an invitation from Hyatt for its employees to participate in this offer (any a “Qualifying Entity”). If you are not sure whether you work for a Qualifying Entity, check with your corporate travel manager. To participate, an eligible member must register with his or her valid email address issued by the Qualifying Entity (e.g., business email) through the dedicated offer-registration URL provided by Hyatt to the applicable Qualifying Entity.(If you need the URL, please ask your corporate travel manager.) Limit one offer per member. To earn credit towards this offer, member must check out of a reservation during his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period (each defined below), as applicable. If member checks into a reservation during his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period, but does not check out until after the Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period has ended, (s)he will not earn credit towards this offer for any nights stayed as part of that reservation. Stays completed by member prior to the start of his or her Explorist Trial Period or Qualification Period will not count towards this offer (even if any night stayed otherwise qualifies as a “Tier-Qualifying Night” for purposes of the World of Hyatt program). Explorist Trial Period and Qualification Period begin at registration and may not be extended. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice. This offer is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program, available at worldofhyatt.com/terms.

Explorist Trial: Upon registration, World of Hyatt members with standard membership or Discoverist status will receive a trial upgrade to Explorist status for 90 days (“Explorist Trial Period”). The trial will provide the member with the benefits of Explorist status, as set forth in the World of Hyatt program terms, provided that the member will not receive any Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) or be eligible to tier match into Gold status with M life Rewards, the loyalty program of MGM Resorts International, as part of the trial.To maintain Explorist status through February 2020, member must complete at least ten (10) Tier-Qualifying Nights (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms) at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during his or her Explorist Trial Period. If member completes at least twenty (20) Tier-Qualifying Nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during his or her Explorist Trial Period, member will receive Globalist status through February 2020. If member earns a new elite status through this offer, his/her new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which (s)he completes the applicable requirement.

Globalist Quick-Qualify for Current Explorists: Upon registration, World of Hyatt members with Explorist status will have the opportunity to earn Globalist status through February 2020 by completing at least twenty (20) Tier-Qualifying Nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide within 90 days of registration. (This 90-day period is referred to as the member’s “Qualification Period.”) If member satisfies the above requirements during the Qualification Period, they will receive Globalist membership valid through February 2020. The offer will provide the member with the benefits of Globalist membership, provided that the member will not receive Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards, a Category 1-7 Free Night Award or My Hyatt Concierge (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms). His/her new status will be applied within 7 business days of checkout of the stay during which (s)he completes the offer requirements.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, World of Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Miraval®, exhale®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2018 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
So with current Andaz Double promo its possible to get Globalist with 10 nights in 90 days, am I correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.