Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iherebyresign
Any recent reports of globalist breakfast still offered in the restaurant? Hyatt would not confirm on Twitter.
Well of course not. Twitter is not going to know how a particular property handles breakfast.

You have reports less than three months old in this thread. That's not good enough?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:34 am

Any recent reports of globalist breakfast still offered in the restaurant? Hyatt would not confirm on Twitter.
Call the property - they are very good at handling questions.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:57 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well of course not. Twitter is not going to know how a particular property handles breakfast.

You have reports less than three months old in this thread. That's not good enough?
Obviously, the poster wants reports more recent than 3 months.

FACT: thread contains reports from 3 months ago.
FACT: poster asks for recent reports
CONCLUSION: Poster wants reports more recent than three months ago.

Recommendation: use your brain. And ... perhaps ... leave the "Welcoming Committee" duties to others, because you suck at it. Really and truly, there's just no reason for so much snark.
antonius66 likes this.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Dec 6, 2017 at 7:06 am
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Tough crowd, huh? If you don't have a useful answer, move it on along. You may also be surprised to find that Hyatt's twitter concierge has reached out to properties to gather information for me in the past.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It has been the same from the start... and the lounge is ill equiped to provide breakfast. So live dangerously and take a chance on that 1% they have changed things :-).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
New GM

the current GM will leave the hotel (and also Hyatt). Sad as it was nice guy.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
For anyone else that may be curious as I so foolishly was: breakfast for globalists is still in the restaurant
flybyFIRE and caliform like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
For anyone else that may be curious as I so foolishly was: breakfast for globalists is still in the restaurant
Thanks for taking one for the team :-)

Can you provide your thoughts on said breakfast?

I have a stay upcoming in Feb and would like to hear some recent experiences there.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
Just wanted to post a following a recent stay as Globalists. We had used a suite upgrade and ended up in the room right across from the lounge. Odd layout, but tons of space, and a lovely massive bathroom.

This is a really nice property, it feels more like a Centric than most of the Regencies I've stayed at in the US. It's a good location, close to metro and trams, but far enough out of the hardcore tourist zone that it's a lot more chilled out.

We enjoyed the Globalist breakfast benefit, in our two stays here this was consistently mixed. If the restaurant is busy, the whole thing kind of melts down, if it's a little quieter, everyone seems calm and OK. We were encouraged to order cooked breakfast from the menu and also enjoy the buffet. Decent buffet, although it seemed odd to me that there weren't any eggs available unless you custom ordered them. Enjoyed the selection of Dutch cheese.

The lounge is a great resource, especially Aprille and her team. She is absolutely amazing-- learns your name within minutes of sitting down and remembers it and details through your stay. We arrived just after "snack time" ended and she hunted down dessert for us, which was very welcome after a delayed flight. Lounge does light breakfast (didn't check it out as we ate downstairs), "Tea time" from 3-5 and "Snack time" from 6-8." Tea time seemed to be a bit of fruit, some cookies, and a few cakes would come out and be devoured almost instantly, at least on the days we were there. Coffee machine and tea available self service, and soft drinks are in the fridges in the lower cabinets. Snack time is better than most lounges we've seen, a selection of hearty salads including some Indonesian items from the restaurant downstairs. Beer, wine and spirits available, including some decent craft beers and sparkling wine.<br

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and are hoping for another stay in the next few months.

Last edited by lettezilla; Jun 12, 2018 at 9:52 am Reason: weird formatting
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:41 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
What is the best route of public transportation to get to this property from AMS? I'm assuming combo of train to Centraal, then Metro to nearby stop by hotel.
Markie likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
What is the best route of public transportation to get to this property from AMS? I'm assuming combo of train to Centraal, then Metro to nearby stop by hotel.
Correct.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:07 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Taxi (Tesla with gull wing door) was 52€ from AMS at 9:30am today Friday.

Aparilla, the club lounge host, is indeed an amazing person. Very helpful.

As globalist was upgraded to Club floor.

Editing to add: room was VERY quiet, had the window open the entire time to get in some fresh air to the room. As others have stated, skip the "breakfast" in the lounge, nothing really there. I did enjoy the make your own Bloody Mary bar in the restaurant !!
obscure2k likes this.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Sep 27, 2018 at 6:28 am
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My UBER to AMS on Sunday morning was EUR30 on Sunday Morning.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

There is something so inviting about this hotel that makes me want to return. I just loved everything about it. I was there for 4 nights using points and cash. When I checked in, I was told that I had been upgraded. My room, although small, was nicely appointed, it was a corner room with large, floor-ceilng windows. One corner overlooked a verdant canal and the other, lush private gardens.
Every employee with whom I came in contact was helpful and warm. Kudos to Aprille in the Regency Club. She is such an asset. Sensing that I was jet lagged and exhausted she almost insisted that I have the Indonesian chicken soup from the Hotel restaurant. Within minutes of leaving the Club, there was a knock on my door and a bowl of perfect comfort food arrived, complete with a bowl of shrimp crackers. This is truly thoughtful service.
A few other items of note: mattress was very comfortable and linens on the bed were divine.
Bathroom was well designed and the shower was perfect.
Another big plus is that my room was always blissfully quiet. I never heard a sound from outdoors, the hallway or from other rooms. Indeed, this seems more like a lovely boutique hotel than a Hyatt.
RichardInSF and bsdstone like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was at the hotel at the same time as Obscure2k above and I too had an excellent stay. Maybe it was in part because the hotel was kind enough to upgrade me to the presidential suite. This has a bedroom, a large bathroom (bath, shower, toilet, and twin sinks), a guest bathroom, an entrance room, a study, a dining room, a living room, and a pantry with fridge and some kind of complex cooking oven. What's not to like about all that?

I liked the neighborhood. It is a 5 minute walk to either a tram or metro stop. Walking on the cross street near the hotel instead takes you past the University where there are a bunch of coffee shops and restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Also there is something called the Microbe museum that i will save for a future trip.

An important reason to take breakfast in the dining room if you are entitled to it is that you not only have the buffet, you can order anything you want off the menu as well.

I definitely will stay here again although I don't expect the same level of room upgrade. In fact, I will be back within 6 months and will be choosing this hotel over the Andaz (which I also like).
Markie and obscure2k like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.