Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - No Night Credit if you Check-in After Midnight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - No Night Credit if you Check-in After Midnight?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Same thing happened to me at DFW Hyatt Regency. Got the points but no night credit. I know rhetoric and I know Hyatt.......... this is nonsense
Old May 7, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Five years ago, a simple call or email to customer service would have gotten it immediately fixed, with no questions asked.
Five years ago, Gold Passport Concierge would have jumped in on this thread within an hour and dealt with the issue.

I know it is a weekend, but @World of Hyatt Concierge has been online several times yesterday and today, and this forum isn't exactly getting swamped with new messages anymore, so no reason to assume they haven't seen this thread. And yet.... crickets.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Originally Posted by RTW1
It's been going on for years.... checkin or checkout after or before the night audit has run will give you one less night. Easily corrected in the past, not so much anymore it seems.
Agreed, my travel patterns often have me checking in early AM. Despite noting that on the reservation and calling whenever I can, it has been an ongoing issue. In the past a quick call to pretty much anyone in customer service resolved the issue. After a recent Hyatt systens update, I believe I'm on my 6th call/email to get two stays credited back. I too was told this was and IT issue NOT a policy change that would be soon remedied, that doesn't appear to have happened.

Some properties, especially those I frequent, appear to just check me if if they know I'm coming and they need to run their audit. In those I'm handed a pre-made key packet at check in and the stay always posts; in a few (Hyatt Place) stays, they have had to walk me to my room because the FD indicates they cannot generate keys during the Audit (I know a little bit about Opera, and while that may be the case at that property, it certainly isn't a limitation of the PM software).

So far persistence with customer service has worked, and I do believe they are trying, but it is a bit annoying to have to check every checkin to be sure it posts as a stay.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Betweeen midnight and 2 am is a pretty big interval of time. Is one also supposed to call the hotel to ask when they run their audit and hope that one gets a correct answer?
They told me it was usually 2am for the hotel I was staying in but for the night I had an issue with the first time, they had done it at midnight - I don't remember why. But going forward I didn't risk it since they used a lot of 'should be ok' for the time frame between midnight and 2am and I called to check in which sometimes required a HUCA. Their online check in didn't work for months.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by ftiacwbihaloi
They told me it was usually 2am for the hotel I was staying in but for the night I had an issue with the first time, they had done it at midnight - I don't remember why. But going forward I didn't risk it since they used a lot of 'should be ok' for the time frame between midnight and 2am and I called to check in which sometimes required a HUCA. Their online check in didn't work for months.
It should be SOP to review checkin times, either the next morning, or periodically, and just issue the damn credit for anything that got missed.
That too tuff, Hyatt?
Old May 7, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
What a bizarre thing.

I've definitely reserved & checked in post-midnight before... I found myself at a Waffle House in Bowling Green, Kentucky, not long ago and decided to call it a night so I called Hyatt around 2 a.m. and they booked me a room at the Hyatt Place there. Night credit and points posted the day after checkout no problem.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry305
It should be SOP to review checkin times, either the next morning, or periodically, and just issue the damn credit for anything that got missed.
That too tuff, Hyatt?
Could it possibly be that it costs a Hyatt location to give night credit to a customer, so this is a money-saving technique?

Either way, I agree. If you know people checked-in after whenever you processed your info, process again.

If only a computer could be programmed to do this . . . but it just wasn't that kind of neighborhood.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thecoldhandoftechnology
So far persistence with customer service has worked, and I do believe they are trying, but it is a bit annoying to have to check every checkin to be sure it posts as a stay.
That's about it.... but I've lost all faith in that CS is actually trying. Lately they seem incapable of doing anything that has not been scripted.
I've had a few stays in BKK in the past years where I checked out at something like 23:00 (paying for the extra night) and not getting the proper night credit. Just a simple e-mail to get it corrected.

After having a re-qualifying issue last year (all nights of a stay counting in the year of check-out) it took a lot of effort to get a decent answer. Even GP concierge here was pretty useless.
It now seems to be that the system is always right, and it's flawed in numerous ways, and nobody can be bothered to do anything about it.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe the thread title should be edited to reflect reality of this happening very rarely...
Old May 8, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Maybe Hyatt should explain what the policy is, why this is happening, and if it is a bug, when it will be fixed. They can hardly expect busy globalist travelers, their best customers, to track credits and chase incompetent customer service agents for correction if this indeed is not according to policy.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:13 am

It used to be that twitter was very effective, I read on this board. Is this still the case?
Old May 8, 2017, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Maybe Hyatt should explain what the policy is, why this is happening, and if it is a bug, when it will be fixed. They can hardly expect busy globalist travelers, their best customers, to track credits and chase incompetent customer service agents for correction if this indeed is not according to policy.
In fact, if checking in after midnight does not yield a night, Hyatt should change their T & C and make it known. It is not right to have T & C and then some further unstated T & C that work to the disadvantage of customers. T & C exist for a reason, they are the rules to go by. Hyatt already has the upper hand in that they dictate the T & C. The least they must do is to state them clearly. Cannot move goal posts.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by azepine00
Maybe the thread title should be edited to reflect reality of this happening very rarely...

The thread title, which at this moment is
World of Hyatt - No Night Credit if you Check-in After Midnight!
seems quite accurate.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think a ? instead of ! would be more accurate at the moment.

The ! reflects what the OP was initially told by a Hyatt CS rep. Subsequent posts have added information that supports the ?
Old May 8, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm happy to change it to a question mark, but several others in this thread have said they've experienced this same issue with Hyatt stays, so it doesn't seem inaccurate to me.

In 1-2 weeks I should know more though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.