Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Downtown REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

Did a weekend stay here recently. It's an excellent location right next to Vivint Arena, home of the Utah Jazz, and roughly 2 blocks from the Arena TRAX station. It's also very close to Caputo's, a fantastic Italian market and deli, and Bruges, a tasty Belgian hole-in-the-wall eatery, two of my favorite places in SLC.

I booked a room for two nights on P+C and received the lowest tier room possible as a Globalist. It was a small room that reminded me of an average base-level room at a Regency or Centric. No table, full-size kitchen, or big refrigerator like the room I recently had at HH New Orleans. I know that upgrades aren't supposed to happen at HH properties by the T+C, but I still felt a bit let down by getting the worst room possible as a Globalist. I did get bottled water, by some miracle, at check-in like I'm supposed to.

Breakfast was the typical mob-scene nightmare, and at Utah, land of obscenely large families, it seemed even worse. Went down on Saturday morning, took one look at the dozen or so children swarming the breakfast area, and immediately lost my appetite. We went to Bruges for breakfast instead, which opens at 9 AM. No big loss.

There's also an outdoor pool here, a pretty sizable hot tub where the jets didn't seem to work, and a nice-looking fitness center. Not much else to report. I love the location, and I'm starting to prefer HH to HP, especially the new-build ones, but this was just an average HH/HP stay.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I used to stay here for work about 3x a year. It was really close to my company who were in the building beside it. I've never had a complaint about it, the only reason I now stay at the Marriott downtown is World of Hyatt has driven me away.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by The smallest state
I used to stay here for work about 3x a year. It was really close to my company who were in the building beside it. I've never had a complaint about it, the only reason I now stay at the Marriott downtown is World of Hyatt has driven me away.
Yeah, I've also stayed at the Marriott downtown near Temple Square and strongly prefer it. At $55 a night on P+C, though, the HH was just more attractive for a very inexpensive weekend getaway.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:23 pm

I agree with nineworldseries on all points (except nearby restaurants, which I didn't experience). The fitness center is well-kept, functional and was adequate in capacity, at least during my two stays/ten nights. Breakfast is a pretty tough experience, unless you're there during the first forty minutes or so. I waited about 30 minutes for them to replenish cut fruit or oatmeal (I'm strict veg), only to see the re-stock exhausted before I could reach the front of the line. Note: "cut fruit" during two days of my stay consisted of oranges cut in eighths, with peel still intact. I'm not sure why they bothered to cut the oranges. Other days, the fruit was a very nice mix of melons and berries. There seemed to be a pretty wide variety of hot foods, with rotating "omelettes of the day". My impression was that they wanted to have breakfast be "a cut above".

This is the best WoH property in SLC, in my opinion, based on location and property condition.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have a Thursday in Mid Sept booked, used full points. Picked it as we could return the rental car to the Avis counter at Hilton 2 blocks away, plus the Arena Station on the TRAX line directly to the airport is only 2 blocks away on the north side. We have the following night booked at the HP at SLC for the 8:30am the next morning. I hope the HH could keep our bags till we are ready to go to the airport for the overnight at HP.

Do you guys think the breakfast scene would be better on a Sept Thursday morning?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Any recent stays or advice on HHs in this or other snow areas over the Xmas holidays for family that does not ski as much as love leaving Hawaii for the snow? Thx
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Any recent stays or advice on HHs in this or other snow areas over the Xmas holidays for family that does not ski as much as love leaving Hawaii for the snow? Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.