Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Well, maybe people were glad that Hyatt didn't offer Dom champagne rather than Krug? By offering the water, Hyatt wisely avoided this dilemma.
Nice spin!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:22 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The basic math is that the old program gave a few points with each stay, while the new program gives free nights after a lot of stays. The two programs are basically equivalent EXCEPT for the elephant in the room: Points never expire (if you keep your account active) while the free nights expire MUCH too quickly. That's the biggest problem with WOH.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I think they've reached the damage control point which is why the engagement team is now saying something different.
It looks like Classic Gold Passport coming our way sooner then I earlier anticipated
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
The basic math is that the old program gave a few points with each stay, while the new program gives free nights after a lot of stays. The two programs are basically equivalent EXCEPT for the elephant in the room: Points never expire (if you keep your account active) while the free nights expire MUCH too quickly. That's the biggest problem with WOH.
also not everyone uses points for tier 7 or 6 properties. I'd rather have the points and not the certs. As the certs are worth less if you want to use them for tier 1-4.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
also not everyone uses points for tier 7 or 6 properties. I'd rather have the points and not the certs.
Exactly. One of the main issues with the new program giving certs instead of points is it reduces the ability for use with points and cash rates which can be of great value and on all point stays in lower categories for more nights. They reduced the value of Gold Passport to its members by 50 or 60% over night but changed its name to WoH with dazzling elite Tier level names so we wont mind the loss.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by austin_modern
also not everyone uses points for tier 7 or 6 properties. I'd rather have the points and not the certs. As the certs are worth less if you want to use them for tier 1-4.
That is why, when I earlier this year got the Hyatt credit card, I chose the targeted points offer instead of the two free nights offer. More flexible for my needs, useable with the Club awards.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Well, I think those free nights are Cat 1-4, whereas the points accumulate to allow a stay at generally nicer hotels.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Points can also be used for points & cash stays -- that count for status. Using a free night cert doesn't.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:27 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
You get a free cat 1-4 night after 30 nights, and a free cat 1-7 night after 60 nights. Those free nights are basically equivalent to the aggregate "Welcome Amenity Points" we formerly received per stay in Gold Passport. The new WoH program also has additional bonuses: you get 10,000 points at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights for a total of 40K points. Overall, in terms of bonus points, the WoH program is approximately the same as HGP, with one big huge overwhelming exception: points last forever while the free nights expire after just 4 months. That's the huge glaring hole in the new program.
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Well, I think those free nights are Cat 1-4, whereas the points accumulate to allow a stay at generally nicer hotels.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
You get a free cat 1-4 night after 30 nights, and a free cat 1-7 night after 60 nights. Those free nights are basically equivalent to the aggregate "Welcome Amenity Points" we formerly received per stay in Gold Passport.
That's what Hyatt would like us to believe but it's hardly the case. Once you deal with the variable number of stays, ability to gain full award value, breakage (which you mention below) and failure for these nights to count toward status the deck is stacked against most of us here.

The new WoH program also has additional bonuses: you get 10,000 points at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights for a total of 40K points. Overall, in terms of bonus points, the WoH program is approximately the same as HGP, with one big huge overwhelming exception: points last forever while the free nights expire after just 4 months. That's the huge glaring hole in the new program.
You're carrying water for a set up that negatively affects many of us but no doubt there are a handful that stand to gain.

I'd argue the two other huge glaring holes, aside from the one you mention, are not counting full point nights for status and the total lack of any benefits for Globs when staying at HH/HPs which encompass a large percentage, and growing, of total Hyatt properties.

I'd also argue that the calamity whereby we lost the Diamond amenity to two award certs would be mitigated (somewhat) if award nights were counted toward status.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
You get a free cat 1-4 night after 30 nights, and a free cat 1-7 night after 60 nights. Those free nights are basically equivalent to the aggregate "Welcome Amenity Points" we formerly received per stay in Gold Passport. The new WoH program also has additional bonuses: you get 10,000 points at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights for a total of 40K points. Overall, in terms of bonus points, the WoH program is approximately the same as HGP, with one big huge overwhelming exception: points last forever while the free nights expire after just 4 months. That's the huge glaring hole in the new program.
It's all about the breakage.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I hope these alluded to changes come soon. I'm at the point where I'm deciding on taking a Marriott Platinum challenge, at which point it's goodbye Hyatt.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
[QUOTE=danger/ I'm at the point where I'm deciding on taking a Marriott Platinum challenge, at which point it's goodbye Hyatt.[/QUOTE]

I checked into a Marriott AC Hotel in Rio this week as a Platinum and for my welcome amenity I was gifted a half bottle of wine, cheese plate, free beverage in the lounge, free breakfast, a coffee table book about the city, 1000 extra Marriott points on top of the points garnered from the room price, and a bowl of fresh plantain chips waiting for me in the room.

After so many checkins at Hyatt as a Globalist where the only thing offered has been breakfast, this felt like Christmas.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:54 pm

Wait a sec - no bottle of water?

Let's be accurate and fair here.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
Wait a sec - no bottle of water?

Let's be accurate and fair here.
Lol actually there were two bottles of water (the good local stuff, not Dasani) in the minifridge AND a free bottle of local beer.

Somebody at Hyatt needs to do a stay with the competition, before the rest of us move on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.