World of Hyatt Needs Your Help

Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I am located in Austin, a "Globalist" aka Diamond, and would like to participate. I wonder what the criteria for selection is/was...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My guess is that austin_modern is still a "good" customer judging from the past and future stays. They probably heard plenty from people who are no longer going to stay with the program and might be looking for the reasons why people ARE staying.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Mary2e
My guess is that austin_modern is still a "good" customer judging from the past and future stays. They probably heard plenty from people who are no longer going to stay with the program and might be looking for the reasons why people ARE staying.
I think its just random personally.

My point to the other poster was that they arent just meeting people to convince them to stay more... obviously they're looking for feedback.

Would be nice to have the stay bonus back. Thats about all I miss. wouldnt mind the Diamond name back, but it would kinda suck to have to edit my profile here to switch it back.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:41 am

I'd like the amenity back... and perhaps a better promo.

But I did some math, and after my vacation trip and double points, I will get nearly 50k points on a 12 night stay. Certainly beats the last tiered promotion.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I'd like the amenity back... and perhaps a better promo.

But I did some math, and after my vacation trip and double points, I will get nearly 50k points on a 12 night stay. Certainly beats the last tiered promotion.
With everyone on here b-ing and moaning about how bad Hyatt sucks... it should be a clear indication from the recent promo that they're NOT worried about people fleeing from their ranks. IMHO, the bonuses will get better when Hyatt needs people to stay more and results to bribing and lowering rates (none of which are happening currently). We will have to see how REVPAR looks during the next earnings call.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:37 am

I agree with you and am still on the fence if I'm going to bother to qualify this year. My gut is telling me they're going to change the program again once they get rid of the glut of diamonds from the SPG matching mistake.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by austin_modern
My point to the other poster was that they arent just meeting people to convince them to stay more... obviously they're looking for feedback.
As is your usual style, you opted for insulting me ('tin foil hat') rather than engage in a discussion on the topic.

The purpose of ALL loyalty programs is to extract additional dollars from loyal members. They are not to give loyal members more perks; that's just the bribe to extract additional dollars out of members. If I recall correctly, Hoplamazian even used the term 'irrational loyalty' in one of his interviews.

There are at least 3 different companies in the US using the name Incite, and all of them sell their services to major companies as marketing consultants to improve profitability.

A better question would be why Austin? Because the city matches the demographics that Hyatt is looking for. It's a tech oriented city with a fairly affluent younger population.

This is not a cheapie random marketing survey; a marketing company doesn't offer to go to individual houses and do one-on-one interviews and offer a reasonably large amount of cash to individuals in random surveys. If it were $10 and everyone meeting in a conference room, sure it'd be more random. This survey was not set up to be random.

Think of it this way ... companies place a dollar value on their customers. A previous loyal Hyatt Diamond who has only had a few stays in 2017 no longer carries a high value for the company. On the other hand, a customer who's already stayed 30 nights and has another 25 nights booked has significant value for the company - significant enough that the customer is being offered $150 for a couple of hours of their time.

We will have to see how REVPAR looks during the next earnings call.
I see you're now hedging your previous REVPAR statement. The first quarter conference call is likely still too early to see the impact of World of Hyatt unless they give forward guidance. The amenity only disappeared March 1 and many Globalists are just now hitting the point where they plan on booking away from Hyatt until near the end of the year in order to get later expiration dates on their TSUs (formerly DSUs).

A better question would be how Hyatt performed in comparison to other hotel chains. First quarter 2017 REVPAR was pretty strong for hotels worldwide, with only Central/South America reporting a REVPAR decline for the first quarter of 2017 (not a strong area for Hyatt). US REVPAR was up 3.4%. Statistics courtesy STR.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsallgood
As is your usual style, you opted for insulting me ('tin foil hat') rather than engage in a discussion on the topic.
*hug* sorry.

A better question would be why Austin? Because the city matches the demographics that Hyatt is looking for. It's a tech oriented city with a fairly affluent younger population.

This is not a cheapie random marketing survey; a marketing company doesn't offer to go to individual houses and do one-on-one interviews and offer a reasonably large amount of cash to individuals in random surveys.
IMHO, its a group of individuals who were picked at random out of whatever analytics bin they were doing across this geography. I fully expect more of these in the future in other cities (NYC, SF, Chitown, etc). And yes - they're offering a reasonable amount of money for someone to spend 2 hours of their time w/ them. This isnt free 10 dollar amazon GC.

I see you're now hedging your previous REVPAR statement.
No, I'm not. I'm looking for more datapoints. The butthurt started well prior to their annual earnings announcement on here.

I still feel strongly that hyatts going to do just fine even though there are a number of people who are pissed at the program. Personally, this is a hohum devaluation. Its nothing nearly as stressful as full revenue based moves the airlines have been going towards. Although, its becoming clear from the initial leanings that they're starting in that direction at Hyatt. Even the promo is basically revenue based.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:24 pm

I was chosen and just participated in the focus group. Main focus was credit cards.

Willing to take any questions if people are interested.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Dave, can you give a quick summary of what they asked you, and what it seemed like they were interested in knowing?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by davevt98
I was chosen and just participated in the focus group. Main focus was credit cards.
What, they are concerned people are canceling the card in the wonderful new world of Hyatt?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: All the programs!

Willing to take any questions if people are interested.
Will we get night credits for credit card spend?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:17 pm

No specifics. Just soliciting ideas on how to get the Hyatt card to the top of your wallet while trying to foster loyalty.

Very interesting suggestions were being tossed around but it's a good sign that they are making inquiries. Was interesting that all participants had the Chase Hyatt card but only one really used it. Rest were in a sock drawer for redeeming the annual free night.

This is the standard position on Flyertalk for this card so they are aware that it's a problem in that it is not generating revenue or loyalty.

Well see what, if anything comes about. Very little discussion on WOH. Most were not fans of the change - me included.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
*hug* sorry.

IMHO, its a group of individuals who were picked at random out of whatever analytics bin they were doing across this geography. I fully expect more of these in the future in other cities (NYC, SF, Chitown, etc). And yes - they're offering a reasonable amount of money for someone to spend 2 hours of their time w/ them. This isnt free 10 dollar amazon GC.

No, I'm not. I'm looking for more datapoints. The butthurt started well prior to their annual earnings announcement on here.

I still feel strongly that hyatts going to do just fine even though there are a number of people who are pissed at the program. Personally, this is a hohum devaluation. Its nothing nearly as stressful as full revenue based moves the airlines have been going towards. Although, its becoming clear from the initial leanings that they're starting in that direction at Hyatt. Even the promo is basically revenue based.
In a way Hotel programs have been revenue based much longer than airline programs. After all No matter which program you look at you earn x points per dollar spent. Not a fixed number of points per night. The only thing that they don't have is a minimum spend for status.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
No specifics. Just soliciting ideas on how to get the Hyatt card to the top of your wallet while trying to foster loyalty.
The Hyatt card has almost no purpose outside of the free night (I guess if you stay at a lot of Hyatts and don't utilize Citi 4th night or other premium card benefits, maybe it is usable). In the age of highly competitive premium credit cards it seems like they'll need to really up the ante to make it valuable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.