Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skj
It sounds like you're a current Glob, right ? I am, and didn't get any Club Lounge awards when crossing the night thresholds. I was told that Globs don't get them, as lounge access is already a benefit. Regardless, according to the T&Cs, they are not transferable.
They are not transferable, however can be used by you when you book 2 or more rooms under your name.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just hit 55 nights Sunday and requaled for Glob. Many, many more booked through the end of the year. I wish Hyatt had rollover nights
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Hit 57 after my beaver creek stay last week. Like the above poster I wish there were rollover nights, now I need to switch my business to bonvoyed I guess....

Recommendations bonvoy or hh? Am gold with both...
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Moving one’s business away from the airline or hotel chain at which one just attained status seems very strange to me.
luvFclass and MarkOK like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Hit 57 after my beaver creek stay last week. Like the above poster I wish there were rollover nights, now I need to switch my business to bonvoyed I guess....

If you can potentially hit Platinum with Marriott, then that might be worth considering.

Otherwise Hyatt is quite worthwhile up to 100 nights per year. 10k points per 10 nights is far more valuable than Marriott's SNAs or the 1 free night at 75 nights. And don't get me started on the joke that is Hilton points...
luvFclass and MarkOK like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby

I would go with bonvoyed as these points still have value to me beyond the re-qualifying for Hyatt Globbys by end of summer. I am at 31 nights currently, and should hit the finish line Labor Day weekend in Japan. Should finish the year around 90 again.

Last edited by luvFclass; Jun 21, 2019 at 11:03 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Moving one’s business away from the airline or hotel chain at which one just attained status seems very strange to me.
I agree, especially with the extra bonus for each 10 stays but not only that, you get the perks of Glob with every stay. Unless you are also top tier on the other chains, not sure why you would give up the Hyatt top tier treatment
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I agree, especially with the extra bonus for each 10 stays but not only that, you get the perks of Glob with every stay. Unless you are also top tier on the other chains, not sure why you would give up the Hyatt top tier treatment
More hyatt points in my account is not a bad thing IMO.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming my SLH stay posts soon, I should hit 56 nights and requalify for globalist when my CC statement closes in July
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

55 is all you need? Unless you weren't already globalist?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
just in case Hyatt devals again..I think it will happen soon.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:59 pm

Yes. I'm at 70 now and will stick with it until 100 when the marginal return diminishes.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

55 is all you need? Unless you weren't already globalist?
This is the last year that you can re-qualify at 55.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Oh no...
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
65 nights YTD, thanks to a bunch of night credits from WoH Visa. Requalifying for Globalist has been surprising easy this past 2 years.
ZBigFam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.