Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, World of Hyatt
69 so far and at least another 17 before the end of the year.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Been an odd year. Last year due to extreme leisure travel patterns, ended up past 110. This year due to travel and not having a house, we blew through 110 a month ago. Maybe this is what irrational loyalty looks like? Damn :P
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A whopping 6 nights and 3,789 base points for me. It doesn't help that Hyatt has a small footprint in the US, their promos aren't very good and there's next to no benefits to make mid-tier status with them so I just stay the occasional night and enjoy "Discoverist" ""status"" thanks to a credit card.

And this is from someone who was Diamond in 2015 and 2016, mind you.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
A whopping 6 nights and 3,789 base points for me. It doesn't help that Hyatt has a small footprint in the US, their promos aren't very good and there's next to no benefits to make mid-tier status with them so I just stay the occasional night and enjoy "Discoverist" ""status"" thanks to a credit card.

Well, Hyatt's footprint hasn't shrunk since 2016, and I've seen no real difference in promos from then to now.
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I am new to Hyatt this year. Tons of Hilton/Choice experience. Top level with Choice, for what that’s worth.

Got the new Hyatt CC about 3 months ago and for some reason they gave me 15 status nights instead of 5. Had some business trips and a bunch of 1x spend planned for 2018, so decided to go for Globalist.

Just had a staycation/FT DO dinner last night so up to 42 nights in 2018 I think with accrued CC spend.

Likely more mattress run/staycation nights needed at the last minute. Fortunately plenty of cat 1s in Chicagoland, plus the current promos help.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
If you really want Globalist, I’d recommend proceeding as if the 10-night error will be found and reversed.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bknets88
you don't need to get to 60 to get the free night if you got 60 last year. 55 is enough
Are you positive about that? When did they change that and where is it outlined?

Because the Hyatt Globalist description doesn't say a word of it.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A member who, after March 1, 2017, who qualifies for Globalist status by satisfying the minimum Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual standards set forth above may re-qualify for Globalist status for the following year by either recording a minimum of fifty-five (55) Tier-Qualifying Nights or by earning one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points during the current Calendar Year.
From " Appendix C - Tiers of Elite Status"

found here:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...terms.html#/VC

Also, 55 did it for me personally.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10

Hyatt has a small footprint in the U.S. ??? Not sure where you usually travel but I find Hyatt well represented in the U.S. of all places. Try staying with Hyatt in Europe! Asia is ok as well.

Most chains put an end to top tiers who do 25 check-ins and enjoy the highest benefits. Hilton still does 30 stays but then you can get Hilton Diamond for $450 via Amex so why bother?

IMHO Hyatt isn't a worthwhile chain to stay at with a lower status level, especially at the higher end properties where breakfast etc costs a pretty penny.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
46 away, though it will be 45 at year end. I've continued to stay at the few Hyatts I really like or that are more conveniently located for my purposes than anything else.
i find it ironic that during so many of my Diamond years, I had to work at getting 25 stays, but that, without really trying, I'll be a Starriott Platinum Premier with Ambassador by the end of 2018.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
I'm 8 nights away from 60 for the year. I believe Globalist "lite" needs 60 nights as opposed to the 55 night requalification count. Can anyone confirm?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by faboi0us
I'm 8 nights away from 60 for the year. I believe Globalist "lite" needs 60 nights as opposed to the 55 night requalification count. Can anyone confirm?
Yup. If you didn't hit 60 last year or 100,000 points, then you need 60 to qualify this year. So if you got it from the end-of-year promo, you need 60 this time.
faboi0us likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yup. If you didn't hit 60 last year or 100,000 points, then you need 60 to qualify this year. So if you got it from the end-of-year promo, you need 60 this time.
Thanks, I just booked my mattress run to get 60. :-)
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Are you positive about that? When did they change that and where is it outlined?

Because the Hyatt Globalist description doesn't say a word of it.
Sure it does. Click the link you posted, and scroll down to the bottom. Under Actions Needed: "Stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 base points in a calendar year", the bottom benefit is "Maintain Globalist status after 55 qualifying nights each subsequent year".

What's interesting is, the T&C (quoted and linked in a post above) imply that you need 60 nights the previous year to re-qualify with only 55 the following year. However, the page linked above states that you maintain globalist status after 55 qualifying nights in each subsequent year.

So... which is it? If you got 60 nights in 2017, and requalify with 55 nights in 2018... can you requalify with 55 nights again in 2019? T&C suggest not; the page linked above suggests so.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Sure it does. Click the link you posted, and scroll down to the bottom. Under Actions Needed: "Stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 base points in a calendar year", the bottom benefit is "Maintain Globalist status after 55 qualifying nights each subsequent year".

What's interesting is, the T&C (quoted and linked in a post above) imply that you need 60 nights the previous year to re-qualify with only 55 the following year. However, the page linked above states that you maintain globalist status after 55 qualifying nights in each subsequent year.

So... which is it? If you got 60 nights in 2017, and requalify with 55 nights in 2018... can you requalify with 55 nights again in 2019? T&C suggest not; the page linked above suggests so.
Well that the Globalist will be re-qualified at 55 was never in question but it isn't so clear based on the table that the TSU/Free Night benefits are hitting at 55 vs 60.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.