Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:34 pm

No. Absolutely not. Another tier is a terrible idea. I already do 60 nights... that is 1 out of every 6 nights a year in a Hyatt hotel. You don't need a greater tier because that is a massive commitment already and it's hard enough to get consistent benefit recognition at that level. A new tier would just make it even easier to not respect the existing diamond benefits. Further, a higher tier already exists. No need to create a new one at 70 80 etc.
chicaloca453 and CHOPCHOP767 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by sapguy
I agree that there is a need for 1 or more super tier(s) above Globalist/Diamond!

SPG successfully implemented several super tiers for Platinum - people can be top tier Platinum but the more stays that you have, the more you will be rewarded!

Seeing that the new WoH chief Amy Weinberg came from Starwood, I suspect that we will be seeing something similar with Hyatt in 2018.
I disagree that another status level is necessary, let alone justified. I fear the silly name that WoH would come up with... what? Universalist? Galaxyist?

Hyatt's footprint is just too small. Approximately, one seventh of my nights this year were in a Hyatt property. But, as has been discussed in other threads, even in major metropolitan areas, Hyatt lacks a presence and IME I have been going back to MR/SPG.
chicaloca453 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I am at 57 nights and will hold off until the end of Dec to do a mattress run for the last 3.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I am at 57 nights and will hold off until the end of Dec to do a mattress run for the last 3.
I am in the exact same boat at 57 nights, except I've purposely switched my stays away from Hyatt for the last two months of this year so that my cat 7 certificate won't expire until late March when I plan to get $1000+ of value out of it at PHNY. So, solely because of the 120-day expiration on that cert, Hyatt has lost 10+ of my nights in the months of November and December to Marriott/SPG.

With the other Q4 promos going on at Marriott/SPG, the extra suite upgrade or 10k points I'd get for crossing 70 nights isn't worth not getting to use that cat 7 cert.

Last edited by blahmeh14; Nov 15, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Right...

We struggle to get top tier recognition and contracted benefits as it stands now.

All we need is an uber-tier to give the front desk even more reason to think, "well, you're not our BEST customer..."
josephstern and antonius66 like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

So far am at 33 nights with 17 nights already booked so I think I will requal sometime in Aug... Unless I delay it so I can get the most value out of my tsus....

​​then I will probably shift to sparriott...not sure if it's worth it though. Anyone else sharing their progress and strat for after they requal?
Old May 19, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
At 36 and have 34 booked. But will requlify in July (LT). Still plan on hitting at least 70 nights this year.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:43 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
11 nights so far and another 11 booked. After 20+ years as a Diamond/Glob, I don't see requalifying this year, unless there's another 20 night promo. I'll continue staying at Hyatt properties when it makes sense as I'm over 90% of the way to LT, but I suspect that may be a year or two away.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:48 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Currently at 30 Hyatt, 29 SPG and 30 "other". On track to hit 100 Hyatt and 50 SPG this year. SPG has a 75-night level which I do not consider worthwhile to chase. The 50-night level works for me. For Hyatt, I choose to spend those nights late in the year so as to qualify as late as possible. Will hit 55 Hyatt nights on September 18.
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
So far am at 33 nights with 17 nights already booked so I think I will requal sometime in Aug... Unless I delay it so I can get the most value out of my tsus....

​​then I will probably shift to sparriott...not sure if it's worth it though. Anyone else sharing their progress and strat for after they requal?
Old May 21, 2018, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Holding true to my word...0 nights stayed, 0 nights booked.
Diamond for 10+ years...I'm tail lights.
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I'm at 26 nights + 4 nights that still need to post (my account is in some sort of error where my HP/HH stays hasn't been able to post), so let's call that 30 nights.

I'll requalify at 60 nights end of August I think. Should get to 80 or 90 nights by end of the year.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Holding true to my word...0 nights stayed, 0 nights booked.
Diamond for 10+ years...I'm tail lights.
Did you move everything to Sparriott?
Old May 21, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Did you move everything to Sparriott?
Mostly, yes.
I'm lifetime Platinum there, so it makes sense for me. I also still have Diamond (likely going to gold) with Hilton and a few scraps here and there with IHG.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
need 28 nights and around 33k base points to go.
I've decided to try and put as much as I can towards making lifetime - probably still many years away.
Will I make lifetime before giving up on the program? Stay tuned....
Old May 21, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monoflight
need 28 nights and around 33k base points to go.
I've decided to try and put as much as I can towards making lifetime - probably still many years away.
Will I make lifetime before giving up on the program? Stay tuned....
Or before the program changes to either make it impossible or worthless . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.