Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
48 and holding

Originally Posted by DC_infrequentflyer
51 as of today. I plan to stop at 59 and hold off till the end of the year.
I'm at 48 and holding until November. If I qualify too soon my GSU's for next year will also expire too soon. The free nights or points at 70,80 etc. are also not enticing as I need nights to qualify and award stays don't count, So I have moved all my stays now to Marriot - SPG so I can also be Plat lite. My stay patterns would put me in Hyatt's , but their new rules are so stupid that they result in me giving my business to other chains.
Hyatt can go on pandering to Millenials with all their ridiculous lifestyle blah blah. The Millenials I know don't have any brand loyality if they are paying.

Last edited by Markie; Sep 8, 2017 at 7:07 am Reason: New addition
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DC_infrequentflyer
51 as of today. I plan to stop at 59 and hold off till the end of the year.
Originally Posted by martinplas
I'm at 48 and holding until November. If I qualify too soon my GSU's for next year will also expire too soon.
Hyatt revenue suppression strikes again!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:53 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
40 nights, with 13 coming up in October, 4 in early Nov and the remaining end of Nov/early Dec. Will stop at 60 nights by Dec 3.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
48 with 10 more coming in Sept-Oct. Plan to hit 60 in the November timeframe.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:00 am

4 nights YTD

My OH would have access to the 20 night corp glob lite thing, so if it's still around next March we might take a look at that.

If we can be bothered, that is.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
22 nights to Glob on the regular way. Although only 17 nights under the Chase promo.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I'm at 61 nights. Debating if I should
1) keep going to collect 10k for every additional 10 nights,
2) re-qualify For Diamond with Hilton (my least favorite program), or
3) stay with SPG/Marriott because they have a decent promo going on. I've already re-qualified for next year.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by YOWzer
I'm at 61 nights. Debating if I should
1) keep going to collect 10k for every additional 10 nights,
2) re-qualify For Diamond with Hilton (my least favorite program), or
3) stay with SPG/Marriott because they have a decent promo going on. I've already re-qualified for next year.
I recommend less nights in hotels!
iflyjetz and MarkOK like this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I'm at 54 nights, with 4 booked. Will probably hit it in October, but may delay until December due to GSU timing
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
29 short
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
57 with 2 more next week. Will hit 60 in early October. Then going to push for 70 which will happen with Thanksgiving trip - will then wait to make choice for additional upgrade for as long as possible so that I have 1 to use for next Thanksgiving or New Year.

Hope to hit lifetime sometime next year - then I can end the game of when to qualify.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I'm at 3, count them, 3 whole nights so far this year. Last year I had 80. So it is fair to say that WoH caused me to change my spending pattern. Even with "Globalist" status the program is not worth it.

BTW, is WoH ever going to have a promo? Hilton, Marriott and *wood have already announced their fall promos.

Originally Posted by martinplas
Hyatt can go on pandering to Millenials with all their ridiculous lifestyle blah blah. The Millenials I know don't have any brand loyality if they are paying.
^
bsdstone likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jn in ca
I'm at 3, count them, 3 whole nights so far this year. Last year I had 80. So it is fair to say that WoH caused me to change my spending pattern. Even with "Globalist" status the program is not worth it.

BTW, is WoH ever going to have a promo? Hilton, Marriott and *wood have already announced their fall promos.

^
Nothing says "Hyatt, you blew it" like turning an 80 night customer into a 3 night customer.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by josephstern
Nothing says "Hyatt, you blew it" like turning an 80 night customer into a 3 night customer.
At 40 not sure if
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
58 and delaying re-q by burning points for upcoming stays and contemplating 10K for each 10 additional nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.