Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Already requalified for Glob on nights back in June. Crossed 70 nights this week and received the selection email for the bonus which was nice. Will hit 100 nights by September and then there is no reason for me to stay here anymore this year. Why stop the bonuses at 100 nights? Staying at Marriott when it makes sense and then will shift all business to them at 100 nights to qualify for Plat. I don't understand why there is no incentive to stay beyond 100 nights. Rollover nights, continue the 10 night bonuses, something, anything!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ronbo83
Already requalified for Glob on nights back in June. Crossed 70 nights this week and received the selection email for the bonus which was nice. Will hit 100 nights by September and then there is no reason for me to stay here anymore this year. Why stop the bonuses at 100 nights? Staying at Marriott when it makes sense and then will shift all business to them at 100 nights to qualify for Plat. I don't understand why there is no incentive to stay beyond 100 nights. Rollover nights, continue the 10 night bonuses, something, anything!
Using the status you have earned isn't a reason?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm sure Hyatt already has a good idea what their status numbers will be (+/-) solely using data through July.
and you are most likely correct but still third quarter final results would be telling
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Using the status you have earned isn't a reason?
At a Hyatt Place? No.

I can however stay at another chain that will reward me for making their top tier versus Hyatt continuing to incentivize me to stay there. The whole point of a loyalty program is to influence my decision to choose a hotel. If I am staying at a hotel that offers me nothing (HP/HH), I have no incentive to stay once I have achieved their maximum benefit in the program. Going for globalist to earn the perks and the TSUs is a goal and influenced my decision to stay at Hyatt. Will I still stay at Hyatts, especially on points stays, yes I will to leverage the benefits I have earned. But once I get to 100 nights, why would I stay at this chain with minimal benefits?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by ronbo83
At a Hyatt Place? No.

I can however stay at another chain that will reward me for making their top tier versus Hyatt continuing to incentivize me to stay there. The whole point of a loyalty program is to influence my decision to choose a hotel. If I am staying at a hotel that offers me nothing (HP/HH), I have no incentive to stay once I have achieved their maximum benefit in the program. Going for globalist to earn the perks and the TSUs is a goal and influenced my decision to stay at Hyatt. Will I still stay at Hyatts, especially on points stays, yes I will to leverage the benefits I have earned. But once I get to 100 nights, why would I stay at this chain with minimal benefits?
I suspect most people do not stay more than 100 nights within a calendar year, and if they do - it is generally at HP/HH. I'm sure Hyatt has done a cost benefit analysis of those who stay at HH/HP vs the more expensive brands and based its decision on the results of that review. The HP/HH crowd is not the demographic group Hyatt truly markets its loyalty programs IMO.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SethLevy
The HP/HH crowd is not the demographic group Hyatt truly markets its loyalty programs IMO.
Many people stay at HH/HP because that's the only option in town.

Moreover the rates often equal the full service properties. And the margins may actually be higher. That's why these places are cropping up all over the place.

I don't stay at limited service unless there's no better option (maybe once or twice a year), but the idea that program members who spend lots of nights in these properties are either not profitable or not "real" Globalists/Diamonds is just wrong.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't stay at limited service unless there's no better option (maybe once or twice a year), but the idea that program members who spend lots of nights in these properties are either not profitable or not "real" Globalists/Diamonds is just wrong.
That's true they are probably far more important as customers then many other segments but for me the words Hyatt and limited service still just don't sit well together. The first HP recently opened in Australia and it was met by a sense of shock by locals who have always considered Hyatt to be a premium luxury brand here.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
I have 1 night...don't think I am going to make it...using lots of points this year as it will be my last year for status.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drpopper
The first HP recently opened in Australia and it was met by a sense of shock by locals who have always considered Hyatt to be a premium luxury brand here.
Then they've done a nice job of marketing. I don't know exactly what the numbers are, but here in the US, a large percentage of Hyatts are either limited service or convention properties. The number of "premium luxury" Hyatts in Hyatt's home country is really quite small.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kacee
Then they've done a nice job of marketing. I don't know exactly what the numbers are, but here in the US, a large percentage of Hyatts are either limited service or convention properties. The number of "premium luxury" Hyatts in Hyatt's home country is really quite small.
Well locally with 3 PH's ,1 GH and 2 HR's up until now it really has been a bit of a premium brand I just can't see this HP property fitting in at all especially considering its located far away from ...well from anywhere interesting really.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's just a label.... a lot of the non-US HP's could be branded as a HR in the US.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

As of now I am at 56 nights, set to requal in October...a few months early but i couldnt help it, and in London the Andaz does outshine the SPG properties (within the corp rate).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:45 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
15 to go with 6 nights booked. I should make it but its not been easy...
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
15 to go with 6 nights booked. I should make it but its not been easy...
28 short not sure due to travel this year and smaller footprint

Here is what gets me now you can do the CC challenge BUT if you do 20 nights you are not a full Globalist kinda like almost pregnant but not.

Anyone smell a rat?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Plat (LT Silver); Hyatt Globalist; Avis Pres Club
51 as of today. I plan to stop at 59 and hold off till the end of the year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.