Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
16 nights so far but staying a week in a Hyatt property currently and will be doing 23 nights after. I don't know if I can re-qualify as globalist. Have about 15 nights booked for the rest of the year. Maybe I'll just aim for Explorist status
Have always previously qualified (diamond) on stays.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Very very far away

2 Hyatt, 2 SPG, 4 Hilton, 36 Marriott, 12 "other"
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

55 nights away, I think.

Moved all of my stays to Marriott/SPG and Hilton.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: hyatt diamond
I have really enjoyed the suite upgrades. I am one of the rare that are loving the new program. I am at 28 nights and 11 thousand spend. I will get globalist next year if not by spend then I will do some staycations to make it to 60.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Just hit 61 nights this week.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
^
Originally Posted by thekaica
Just hit 61 nights this week.
^
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Only 57 nights away. I knew I wouldn't come close to 60 nights, so I took my extra 30-40 nights and moved them back to SPG. I should have some vacations early next year so I'll try to use up most of my points balance before I lose Globalist.

I really enjoy the program and would always squeeze in 25 stays to keep diamond each year, but at 60 nights there's just no way I'd ever get there.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Only 57 nights away. I knew I wouldn't come close to 60 nights, so I took my extra 30-40 nights and moved them back to SPG. I should have some vacations early next year so I'll try to use up most of my points balance before I lose Globalist.

I really enjoy the program and would always squeeze in 25 stays to keep diamond each year, but at 60 nights there's just no way I'd ever get there.
Seems to be a theme here...hope Hyatt is paying attention!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Oh, they're paying attention. They're also scrambling to try to keep repeat visitors happy.

It looks to me that they're taking a wait-and-see attitude and will eventually change the program to attract people back. Perhaps they'll do something for those of us who have been loyal members/diamonds for decades and have not bothered to requalify under the new program.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
33 Nights away. 3 More booked for the month. I'm guessing I'll make it by Nov.
The only proactive suite upgrade I've had was the PH Zurich.
Every other upgrade required asking, mostly unsuccessfully.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by spgplat21

Pretty much sums up my situation as well (including nights to date). I do need to get started using my couple of banked free nights and deplete my points while I'm still a Glob. Still hoping they change things but not hoping for anything.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
41 nights YTD, and 15 nights booked through early October.

I am much farther along than I had expected at the start of WOH and didn't expect I could requalify as Globalist.

At this rate I should be able to requalify, but I want to delay 60th night as much as I can. I'm pissed that I won't be able to use those TSU for my vacation in Hawaii over Christmas 2018 since the damn TSU will expire in 12 months after my 60th night. One strategy would be be a 1 night stay locally on Dec.30th for my 60th night. That means I cannot stay at Hyatt on my next trip to Shanghai.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by krazieman
33 Nights away. 3 More booked for the month. I'm guessing I'll make it by Nov.
The only proactive suite upgrade I've had was the PH Zurich.
Every other upgrade required asking, mostly unsuccessfully.
Thats the part that really bothers me contributing to my lackluster drive to hit 60 this year. I too have had to ask many times and that's BS to have to ask. I even changed my stay tonight from the La Jolla Hyatt to Marriott because they are so damn lame in anything these days
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by CIT85
At this rate I should be able to requalify, but I want to delay 60th night as much as I can. I'm pissed that I won't be able to use those TSU for my vacation in Hawaii over Christmas 2018 since the damn TSU will expire in 12 months after my 60th night. One strategy would be be a 1 night stay locally on Dec.30th for my 60th night. That means I cannot stay at Hyatt on my next trip to Shanghai.
Isn't that a well-thought-out program where customers have to avoid staying with the program or booking unwanted local nights to time the reaching of an elite threshold...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CIT85
41 nights YTD, and 15 nights booked through early October.

I am much farther along than I had expected at the start of WOH and didn't expect I could requalify as Globalist.

This new system creates such bizarre motivations.

For those who will easily make it, they have to stay with competitors to delay that 60th night.

For those who have no chance of making 60, they no longer have any reason at all to bother with Hyatt Place and Hyatt House.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.