Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
25 stay SPG Plats may have a hard time finding a new top tier home.

Though Marriott Plat is easier than 75 nights sounds, since award stays count and you can rack up lots of night credits (15 + 1 for every $3K in spend) using the Chase card.
A few other hotel chains with Hyatt-sized footprints:
10 stays at Fairmont/Raffles/Swissotel for top tier. No sign of them being integrated into Accor.
14 stays at Kimpton for top tier.
30 nights at GHA hotels ( https://www.gha.com/Hotel-Brands )

There are several other programs out there that are better than the World of Hyatt program. I'm amazed at how many Hyatt properties don't bother to honor even the stripped down benefits of the new program.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I already have top tier at Fairmont, but their footprint is really limited, at least for my travel patterns. I hadn't realized Kimpton was low as well. I'm going to take a look at them since they have a good presence.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I already have top tier at Fairmont, but their footprint is really limited, at least for my travel patterns. I hadn't realized Kimpton was low as well. I'm going to take a look at them since they have a good presence.
FPC (Fairmont) has reciprocal benefits with Raffles and Swissotel, giving it a decent worldwide footprint.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG, MR, WOH, HH, IHG
WOH - only 23/60 nights as of today but became globalist by racking up a lot of point from the long stay at Park Hyatt New York. not sure about the requalifying next year though.

SPG - requalified to plat, 37 stays 37 nights as of today

IHG - requalified to spire elite with 13 nights by reaching 75k point
Old May 7, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny I saw the title of this thread, and all I could think was: "How far do I think I am, or how far does Hyatt think I am?"

I'm having some problems getting what I think I deserve from Hyatt in terms of requalifying.

I doubt I'll make it on nights, but this certainly isn't helping:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-midnight.html

I think I might have a chance to make it on points, but then it seems that Hyatt is shorting me on a pretty serious amount of those too:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ia-points.html

And I've already learned my lesson on the Hyatt Place vs. Aloft stays. That night above where they claim I don't get credit for checking in after midnight (although they are looking into it - they promise more info in the next two weeks) was at Hyatt Place San Jose. I spent the next two nights at the Alofts in Cupertino (one at each) and, besides being cheaper and having free parking, they were just MUCH nicer hotels. Without question. Pretty sure my Hyatt Place stays are completely over unless there's just nothing else around.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by josephstern
Funny I saw the title of this thread, and all I could think was: "How far do I think I am, or how far does Hyatt think I am?"

I'm having some problems getting what I think I deserve from Hyatt in terms of requalifying.

I doubt I'll make it on nights, but this certainly isn't helping:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-midnight.html

I think I might have a chance to make it on points, but then it seems that Hyatt is shorting me on a pretty serious amount of those too:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ia-points.html

And I've already learned my lesson on the Hyatt Place vs. Aloft stays. That night above where they claim I don't get credit for checking in after midnight (although they are looking into it - they promise more info in the next two weeks) was at Hyatt Place San Jose. I spent the next two nights at the Alofts in Cupertino (one at each) and, besides being cheaper and having free parking, they were just MUCH nicer hotels. Without question. Pretty sure my Hyatt Place stays are completely over unless there's just nothing else around.
Just came back from a two night stay at a HP and frankly I agree with you. The "breakfast" served was very dry eggs ( and they had just been put out) sausage that tasted like "Vienna Sausage" in a can. No pastries, coffee was hot.

No I too am done with HP unless I have to
Old May 8, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
will hit 30 over the next 2 weeks, with bookings for another ~15 so far, but will hit globalist earlier based on spend, thanks to a couple of upcoming family multi-room trips
Old May 8, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by josephstern
You're comparing the quality and rates of a hotel that's in the heart of Downtown San Jose to an Aloft that's 20 minutes (without traffic) away?

The way more accurate comparison would be the Westin San Jose across the street which has higher rates and is in worse shape than the Hyatt Place (I especially enjoy the Westin's 200 sqft rooms).

If you're willing to drive 20 minutes, try the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, they treat diamonds/globs great and have a lounge spread that blows anything I've ever experienced with a domestic SPG property away.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esquesk
You're comparing the quality and rates of a hotel that's in the heart of Downtown San Jose to an Aloft that's 20 minutes (without traffic) away?

The way more accurate comparison would be the Westin San Jose across the street which has higher rates and is in worse shape than the Hyatt Place (I especially enjoy the Westin's 200 sqft rooms).

If you're willing to drive 20 minutes, try the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, they treat diamonds/globs great and have a lounge spread that blows anything I've ever experienced with a domestic SPG property away.
Ironically, I needed to be in Cupertino the whole time, but Alofts were sold out the first night, and I was trying to be 'loyal' to a chain I like.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
17 stays and only 14,199 points.
A LONG way to go.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat
20 nights so far - wish Hyatt can count multiple rooms for credits!
Old May 9, 2017, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
No where near it. 1 stay, 400 points. I enjoyed being a Diamond last year but I'm now down to Explorist and I'm much happier back at Hilton.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Nowhere close with no plans to care about it. Status will be whatever the card spend gets me, just to have the points for vacation. Probably 25-40 nights that Hyatt has been sought out for for status purposes in the past will go random more convenient or better reviewed hotel.

Last edited by jayer; May 14, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Old May 9, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMK10
No where near it. 1 stay, 400 points. I enjoyed being a Diamond last year but I'm now down to Explorist and I'm much happier back at Hilton.
25 nights here about my average over the past five years for this point in the year. Damn footprint I am afraid is going to hurt. Oh well.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
- Hyatt: 0 revenue nights this year. 10 award nights, and another four this month.
- Kimpton: 8 paid stays out of 14 needed, have used 3 of my 5 reward nights I earned last year. Mostly DC/NYC/LA.
- Marriott and Hilton: About 15 nights combined, but I'm CC Gold for both so I'm not really keeping track.

My hotel stays are down this year, but without the changes in WOH to no stay qualification, I would have ended up with my 25 stays and about 37 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.