Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by edgewood49
And I had the $$%#%$ to admit it online.
Just like you addressed the various contentious statements like HP/HH being 0.5 stays.... Oh wait, no you never did address that even if the face of multiple calls to do so.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
4 paid nights so far, 3 more next week. Trying to decide where to burn 300K points in the next 10 months. Last year at this point I had 14 stays and 19 or 20 nights.

I am exactly the kind of Diamond that Hyatt wanted to dump: 31 stays, 48 nights, not quite $10K of Hyatt spend last year. I still don't understand why Hyatt doesn't want my business, but that's their call. I enjoyed my 8 years as a HGP Diamond but no hard feelings.

Marriott is picking up the slack; I'm SPG LTP so why not give my business to someone who wants it?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Just like you addressed the various contentious statements like HP/HH being 0.5 stays.... Oh wait, no you never did address that even if the face of multiple calls to do so.
Good call, the least Edgewood can do is apologize for being such a troll.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Oh yes I was and still a fan of Hyatt. Having said that so far I am disappointed in the "new" program. Suite upgrades are far and few between, hell out of 21 nights so far this year I would guess that 75% were exactly the room type reserved sans 'upgrade" and of the upgraded room at least 70 % were a result of saying something to the agent, most light hearted but others is asking directly. Marriott does a much better job of that.
Well now, this sure flies in the face of: (From closed threads so can't auto-quote)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27940538-post3117.html

From Feb 22:
"Just checked in and so far this year I am 14 for 14 in suite upgrade. Was told at checkin that the bonus points are staying at checkin. As I have said before I think you will more than likely see some tweaking as we go along."
And
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27988196-post5.html

From March 4:
"good to hear I have gotten suite upgrades since the first of the year and it continues! The suite upgrade (4) is usable with awards I just confirmed a suite at the Churchill in London for Christmas. "
So you were 14/14 in suites and now you're only at 25% of 21 nights.

And another whopper you've told (aside from the 0.5 credit from HH/HP) is that amenity points were staying. Seems you never had the gumption to go back and address either of these fabrications.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:48 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Well now, this sure flies in the face of: (From closed threads so can't auto-quote)

[... text removed ...]

So you were 14/14 in suites and now you're only at 25% of 21 nights.

And another whopper you've told (aside from the 0.5 credit from HH/HP) is that amenity points were staying. Seems you never had the gumption to go back and address either of these fabrications.
THANKS for highlighting these discrepancies.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Look you don't know my background but I have fairly deep ties to several hospitality companies( on a personal level with the families) along with too damn much travel over the years. And being in the construction industry. I have for the most part enjoyed my loyalty over the years and yes I understand todays economics. The venture / equity capitol is forever changing things. In my industry on the supply side they have contributed to a substantial material price increases.

On hotels they are bleeding the properties dry without any investment in maintenance or upkeep.

I did have hopes however that is gone and I agree with many of the posters of past. And I had the $$%#%$ to admit it online.
My apologies if I offended you; that was not my intent.

I actually know quite a bit about you because I have read many of your posts and am aware that you work in the construction/renovation side of the hospitality industry. For instance, I know you're a Vietnam veteran and based on your posts from that topic, I'll guess that you're in the mid-70s. You also previously stated that you plan on travelling a bit less and let the younger employees hit the road a bit more starting this year.

In closing, kudos to you for admitting that your view of World of Hyatt has changed since program rollout. Keynes had a great quote on this topic, "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, Sir?"
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by itsallgood
My apologies if I offended you; that was not my intent.

I actually know quite a bit about you because I have read many of your posts and am aware that you work in the construction/renovation side of the hospitality industry. For instance, I know you're a Vietnam veteran and based on your posts from that topic, I'll guess that you're in the mid-70s. You also previously stated that you plan on travelling a bit less and let the younger employees hit the road a bit more starting this year.

In closing, kudos to you for admitting that your view of World of Hyatt has changed since program rollout. Keynes had a great quote on this topic, "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, Sir?"
Thank you and I felt that since I have been so adamant before then I should admit and voice my opinion now. As for the 14 combined nights with suites, many running three four nights. But the number of check in's with non suites is climbing.

It's a shame not that I am looking for something for nothing or not paying my "dues" it's just sad. So I will begin returning to Marriott / Starwood and now with the merger there are greater upper ended properties to chose from.

Safe Travels itsallgood
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
37 nights to date.

Will easily make it to 60, almost certainly to 70, and maybe even 80.

But then I am done with Hyatt--60 nights is too much, given it's limited footprint.

And so far I am not impressed with the frequency of upgrades and excellence in service. Globalist desk is as bad as ever
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
38 nights in so far, and about 50% of the way in terms of points. Just did 8 nights on points (7 with a TSU at the GH Kauai) and one night using the Cat1-7 cert, none of which counted of course.

I did 88 nights last year, but it was a heavy year for me. Not sure I'll get that high again this year. Will probably requal, but need to evaluate timing like others due to the expiration policies.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
23 nights, have 10 nights booked until June. So should be at 33 by mid June

Am planning on a trip to Asia in July that will lead to 10-15 nights, so should be close to 50 by August. Don't anticipate any issues to getting to 60, but it feels like a grind (especially as I'm going to requalify for SPG plat on stays)... because its painful not having my award nights count.

Looking forward to it being lowered to 55 next year. Despite weekly sales oriented travel, it's still a pain trying to strategize getting 60 hyatt nights + 25 spg stays
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I'm at 24 nights and 28,382 base points. I'll make 60 nights, but not likely to hit the 100k base (which won't matter).

Last year, I hit 65 nights (first time above 60) and just over 100k base points.

At some point in the first half of next year, I'll hit 1M base points. Estimating the time since Hyatt no longer includes LT stats in the account summary email. Will then need to decide if I focus on Marriott and make a run at LT Gold - I have around 800k base points there and 285 LT nights.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:10 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
At some point in the first half of next year, I'll hit 1M base points. Estimating the time since Hyatt no longer includes LT stats in the account summary email..
Lifetime points included in todays WOH statement.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Lifetime points included in todays WOH statement.
That will be very good news! Haven't seen my statement yet - will be on the lookout for it. Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by CopperSteve

Last year, I hit 65 nights (first time above 60) and just over 100k base points.

Wow... You are a customer that Hyatt wants to keep.

By my estimation last year your average room rate was probably about $350 USD per night. (100K base = $20K plus tax or about 25K / 65 nights = $350)

I always forget their are customers who pay that much.

Here I always thought I am a pretty good customer (diamond for closing in on 20 years) but probably average about $175-$225 per night only. But like many others on this forum, WOH is probably going to be loosing many of us.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Most of my business trips are in the US, so its not too hard to reach 60. Then I take a couple of vacations internationally for 3 weeks or so. This summer, going to Bangkok, DaNang, Bali and Paris where I'll get about 15 nights, plus all my other leisure trips and some business trips planned out this week get me to 59 nights. I'm 100% certain another 1 night will be added. BUT, i'm not going to go over 60. There's no point... 10 more nights for 1 more suite upgrade? Nah. Anything after 60 will go to IHG, MarriottSPG or Hilton depending on what I need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.