Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
What "data" are you basing all of this on?
It’s based on self justification that Hyatt needs to do DEQN for poster to requalify
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:25 am

I currently have 45 nights with 15 more booked before the end of the year. However, half of those future stays are in Japan in Oct/Nov and not overly optimistic that they'll allow tourists by then.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Regardless of how close one is right now, I suggest managing TQNs (Tier Qualifying Nights) to achieve 70 or 80 or 90 or 100 nights after October 1st. Those Milestone Rewards (10K points or 1 SUA) require an email solicited choice within 90 days of the email and if SUA selected (which is probably more common) it will be valid for 12 more months if selected after January 1st. I could easily get to 70 or 80 nights by September, once I get to 69 or 79 I may stay elsewhere (from Hyatt) and/or delay extra spend on my Hyatt cards until after October 1st.
GUWonder and Skink like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Matt4200

I don’t feel it’s “chasing them down” at all but rather recognizing their longtime loyalty. Which is why other brands like Hilton, Marriott and IHG have all done something for their top tier elites to be able to extend or requalify easily in 2022. For many people it’s still a transitional period and business travel it’s massively declined, meaning catering to personal spend travelers is crucial.
The program to recognize longtime loyalty already exists -- Lifetime globalist.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Sorry but this is ludicrous
It strikes me as being far-fetched, if referring to Hyatt customers collectively. What is less far-fetched is this: a stagflation situation leading to growing substitution out of regular paid stays and into point paid stays or not traveling as much.

Discretionary travel budgets seem to be headed for coming under pressure later this year. Saving rates are declining and indebtedness and its burden has been rising.

I don’t know if I will re-qualify for Globalist or not before year-end. I’m doubtful a promotion this year will move the needle much for me. FWIW, I’ve had an annoying proportion of my 2022 Hyatt award stays not count toward status.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by GUWonder

FWIW, I’ve had an annoying proportion of my 2022 Hyatt award stays not count toward status.
help me understand, but why would your award stays not count towards achieving Globalist again?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I will make glob on a combo of stays (four nights a month) starting in July and WOH credit card spend. I think most of my stays will be paid, mostly at Hyatt Houses/Places as that is what is available in terms of lodging.

My TH is glob this year, she'll drop to Explorer next year, so I'll make most of our aspirational bookings for 2024.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 59Impala
help me understand, but why would your award stays not count towards achieving Globalist again?
Because some WOH hotels miscoded them — primarily on stays where those stays would have meant promotional points for the award stays this year.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
2 nights and counting (should be 3 except for ludicrous 3rd night free does not count rule). Back to zero status for me next year.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by lalala
… My TH is …
“TH”? Glossary here states “TH Thomas Hudson.” Thank you.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Because some WOH hotels miscoded them ...
Suggest you contact WOH particularly if those nights (upon crediting) will make a significant difference. IME they have excellent customer service and they’ve made changes to my account, including the benefit of the doubt for changes with dubious justification, on several occasions. (I spent my career in a profession with no margin for error, I afford others the same margin. )
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Already requalifed thanks mainly to a 12 day family holiday at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi finishing on 2 January :-)
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Make sure to checkout prior to January 2nd or all your nights will post for the new year....
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Only problem is that late qualifiers will complain that they are being penalized with shorter time periods to use them than the early qualifiers.

Crazy thought, but I don't think Hyatt needs to chase down every old Globalist and find a way for them to requalify. Outside of Asia, If people aren't back to their old travel patterns by now then they very well may never be back to their old travel patterns and they aren't worth chasing down.

Strongly disagree there. GH DFW, HR Dallas, and Thompson Dallas are all in my top 10 favorite hotels in the US. There is also the newer HR in Plano (that I have yet to try, but looks nice if you need to be in those parts).
--------------
I am at 32 nights. Will hit 60 by end of August. Likely will have ~80 at years end depending on what I do over Thansksgiving and Winter breaks. About 21 will be from CC, rest will be from stays. And nearly all full service. Only 1 of those nights will be/have been at a Hyatt Place (and none at Hyatt House).

Though 2020-2021 were just about all stays on points (except for a few stays during that Fall 2020 triple points promo period), this year about 75% of my stays are on cash.
Originally Posted by Doppy
I don't really see Hyatt offering any (or at least not any significant) qualification promo this year. North America and Europe travel are fully open (though Hyatt's footprint in Europe is tiny) and booked up.

Asia is more spotty, but I don't see that as being a reason to offer a global elite qualification promotion - there is a current APAC bonus points promo I took advantage of though.
Originally Posted by myperks
It’s based on self justification that Hyatt needs to do DEQN for poster to requalify
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/8bd334c7-dc33-4d1b-9788-f4c8c5298f92[/img]

Just launched on June 8th double EQN…But hey believe what you want, Hyatt obviously sees the need for it.

Originally Posted by MarkOK
The program to recognize longtime loyalty already exists -- Lifetime globalist.
What defines “longtime loyalty”?

I would define it as someone who has spent 5k minimum per year for at least 5 years.

That is only 1/8 of the way to Lifetime Status and would take them another 35 years. So they basically don’t matter and shouldn’t be a factor for another 3 decades?

Yeah that makes no sense at all.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Just launched on June 8th double EQN…But hey believe what you want, Hyatt obviously sees the need for it.
It's a highly targeted regional double EQN promo?

What defines “longtime loyalty”?

I would define it as someone who has spent 5k minimum per year for at least 5 years.

That is only 1/8 of the way to Lifetime Status and would take them another 35 years. So they basically don’t matter and shouldn’t be a factor for another 3 decades?

Yeah that makes no sense at all.
$5k a year for 10 years... that's maybe enough to justify lifetime Discoverist.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm at 30 so far, with only 10 nights being actual stays, all of which were either using certificates or points. I have 7 nights booked on points this summer. I'm going to get really close to 60 based upon spend this year reducing my need to do mattress runs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.