Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Jun 6, 22, 6:47 am

Programs: AA PPro, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
I’d say there’s a good chance for double nights promo or reduced requirements depending on how many true globalists are looking like they will not requalify.
You literally "predict" this every quarter. I suppose just like a broken clock, you may eventually be right. But honestly, your predictive track record is pretty poor.

I'm not sure why you feel so compelled to try and present yourself as some sort of Hyatt "revenue expert" and make predictions, in writing, that consistently turn out wrong. Why not get out of the weather prediction business and just see what develops like the rest of us?

Regards
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
39 nights as of today - stays booked up until mid-July - 7 more Hyatt nights. So I'll be at 46 by mid-July.
Out of those 7 Hyatt nights booked, 5 will be on points.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
Out of those 7 Hyatt nights booked, 5 will be on points.
Out of my 31 stays left this year 20 will be at cash rates.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:07 am

Glob here with 0/60. Had to cancel a few trips earlier this year in which I would have stayed at Hyatts. No I'm staying exclusively at places without Hyatt coverage. Will requalify for IHG Diamond for sure and may qualify for Hilton Diamond as well.

Might go for Hyatt when not traveling for work but I don't see me requalifying...
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
54 here. I'm actually worried about hitting it too soon since that will start the clock on my Cat 1-7 expiration. They really should time those to expire when your status expires or something else fixed so as not to penalize early qualifiers.
Only problem is that late qualifiers will complain that they are being penalized with shorter time periods to use them than the early qualifiers.

I know at least 5 people personally who were globalists pre-pandemic and will not be able to hit 60 this year due to just life being completely altered due to the pandemic.

If Hyatt didn’t do something and they just let those Globalists die out they wouldn’t even try to requalify because they’d be staying 60 nights with no benefits brutally battling their way up to 60.

See it how you’d like, but I can see many longtime Globalists irreparably harmed from it. Whereas if they did something those people would continue to requalify and spend with Hyatt for years, maybe even decades to come.
Crazy thought, but I don't think Hyatt needs to chase down every old Globalist and find a way for them to requalify. Outside of Asia, If people aren't back to their old travel patterns by now then they very well may never be back to their old travel patterns and they aren't worth chasing down.

Originally Posted by born sleepy View Post
Only 10 nights so far. Hyatt's thin footprint is working against me, as are their sorry properties in some metros e.g. DFW and I don't think I want to stay at another HP ever again.
Strongly disagree there. GH DFW, HR Dallas, and Thompson Dallas are all in my top 10 favorite hotels in the US. There is also the newer HR in Plano (that I have yet to try, but looks nice if you need to be in those parts).
--------------
I am at 32 nights. Will hit 60 by end of August. Likely will have ~80 at years end depending on what I do over Thansksgiving and Winter breaks. About 21 will be from CC, rest will be from stays. And nearly all full service. Only 1 of those nights will be/have been at a Hyatt Place (and none at Hyatt House).

Though 2020-2021 were just about all stays on points (except for a few stays during that Fall 2020 triple points promo period), this year about 75% of my stays are on cash.
josephstern likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 8:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Hilton/IHG Diamond, LT UA Silver.
Originally Posted by MarkOK View Post
Strongly disagree there. GH DFW, HR Dallas, and Thompson Dallas are all in my top 10 favorite hotels in the US. There is also the newer HR in Plano (that I have yet to try, but looks nice if you need to be in those parts).
Did not see HR Plano in my list of NE props offered by Concur. The ones you cited are over our daily max and too far away. So I'm at a brand new Element in Richardson.

The HH on the other side of 75 is horrible.
Old Jun 6, 22, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
I have a feeling Hyatt wont do the double/triple promos anymore for the remainder of this year. ADRs are already through the roof/back to pre-pandemic levels.

hyatt has caught on
The promos they have run have catered almost entirely to low tier Hyatt stays. They’ve done nothing to get people in the doors of full service properties. I definitely see more people switching stays over to Hilton especially if the property changed categories or is on peak pricing.

I feel like the new Hyatt execs are just throwing spaghetti to the wall and seeing what sticks, what drives in the most business (comparing of course to pandemic and pre-pandemic levels) while giving out the least possible.

Ideally for Hyatt (being conservative) the best promo would be -

Globalist Complimentary Parking on paid stays - This gets many Globs in and paying cash rates rather than award stays.

2x Points or 15% Points Rebate

Its very conservative and also helps to offset (very minimally) the price surges and points pricing increases.

Let’s say you stay 8 nights at a Cat 1 property and spend $500. Under the Q1 promo you’d earn 8,088 Bonus points, under my “ideal Hyatt promo for Hyatt” you’d earn 2,500 bonus points which is significantly less they’re giving away, on a points stay you’d get 6,000 bonus points which is still much less than the Cat 1 promo.

Any way you slice it that’s the best promo to generate the most revenue while giving away the least IMHO.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Sorry but this is ludicrous
It’s ludicrous to see that many people who had Hyatt points banked booked up rooms over the summer prior to the category changes and peak pricing? Hmmm…doesn’t seem very ludicrous at all, early bird gets the worm.

Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
You literally "predict" this every quarter. I suppose just like a broken clock, you may eventually be right. But honestly, your predictive track record is pretty poor.

I'm not sure why you feel so compelled to try and present yourself as some sort of Hyatt "revenue expert" and make predictions, in writing, that consistently turn out wrong. Why not get out of the weather prediction business and just see what develops like the rest of us?

Regards
Never called myself an expert or anything of the sort, never even wrote the word prediction. Just making an educated guess. Also not every quarter at all I haven’t mentioned anything for Q2 or Q3 this is a Q4 guess.

Originally Posted by MarkOK View Post
Only problem is that late qualifiers will complain that they are being penalized with shorter time periods to use them than the early qualifiers.

Crazy thought, but I don't think Hyatt needs to chase down every old Globalist and find a way for them to requalify. Outside of Asia, If people aren't back to their old travel patterns by now then they very well may never be back to their old travel patterns and they aren't worth chasing down.
I don’t feel it’s “chasing them down” at all but rather recognizing their longtime loyalty. Which is why other brands like Hilton, Marriott and IHG have all done something for their top tier elites to be able to extend or requalify easily in 2022. For many people it’s still a transitional period and business travel it’s massively declined, meaning catering to personal spend travelers is crucial.

Originally Posted by born sleepy View Post
Did not see HR Plano in my list of NE props offered by Concur. The ones you cited are over our daily max and too far away. So I'm at a brand new Element in Richardson.

The HH on the other side of 75 is horrible.

I used to enjoy the HR Richardson for 5k points it was a steal as a Globalist, with a suite upgrade, as any other tier I wouldn’t recommend it. The HH Addison is pretty good especially at 5k points that’s where we stay now any time visiting DFW.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Hilton/IHG Diamond, LT UA Silver.
I used to enjoy the HR Richardson for 5k points it was a steal as a Globalist, with a suite upgrade, as any other tier I wouldn’t recommend it. The HH Addison is pretty good especially at 5k points that’s where we stay now any time visiting DFW.
I stayed at the HR Richardson about two years ago and it was OK, but reading Tripadvisor reviews of the Hilton re-flag had me moving to the new Element down the road. I would like to keep my Glob status but I don't see it happening this year, so I'm aiming to renew Hilton Diamond where I'm far closer than WoH Glob, and tbh I don't see the big benefit to the latter everyone raves about. Most of the time my Hyatt options are HP/HH and nobody cares about status at those props. Work travel policy does not generally permit PH/GH/HR stays, so Glob status is kind of wasted on me.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't really see Hyatt offering any (or at least not any significant) qualification promo this year. North America and Europe travel are fully open (though Hyatt's footprint in Europe is tiny) and booked up.

Asia is more spotty, but I don't see that as being a reason to offer a global elite qualification promotion - there is a current APAC bonus points promo I took advantage of though.
Old Jun 7, 22, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Only 10 stays thus far this year, so Globalist qualification seems out of reach without some forced march mattress run. I have appreciated the Globalist benefits, but hard to put a pricetag on them if I am going to be in a 40-60 night position each year. I toyed with the idea of booking 10ish nights at Cat1 for 35K points in December, just to have a placeholder if I get close, and may do this just in case. I would at least break even with the Cat 7 cert.
Old Jun 7, 22, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by xooz View Post
Only 10 stays thus far this year, so Globalist qualification seems out of reach without some forced march mattress run. I have appreciated the Globalist benefits, but hard to put a pricetag on them if I am going to be in a 40-60 night position each year. I toyed with the idea of booking 10ish nights at Cat1 for 35K points in December, just to have a placeholder if I get close, and may do this just in case. I would at least break even with the Cat 7 cert.
The credit card help doesn't make sense for you?
Old Jun 7, 22, 2:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
The credit card help doesn't make sense for you?
I have the Hyatt cc, so I have already/will get a few nights but hard to see the reason to go beyond $15k.
Old Jun 7, 22, 4:46 pm

Programs: I sign up for programs so they have my preferences on file.
I’m just a member so there’s nowhere to go but up! (I do not get Hyatt discounts like I do for Hilton/Marriott).
Old Jun 7, 22, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Nat'l Exec Elite & Hertz PC
In like Flynn

135 qualifying nights.
Old Jun 7, 22, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
The vast majority of those who qualified as a 30 night globalist did so by only staying 10-15 actual nights (10 nights + new WOH Cardholder).
As explained above most met it with 10-15 nights so even getting to 30 nights for the vast majority of those is not feasible.
I’m guessing based on all available data that the vast majority of stays over the summer will be on points, rather than revenue stays which is a big hit.
The promos they have run have catered almost entirely to low tier Hyatt stays. They’ve done nothing to get people in the doors of full service properties. I definitely see more people switching stays over to Hilton especially if the property changed categories or is on peak pricing.
What "data" are you basing all of this on?
59Impala likes this.

Search this Thread