Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
But since 2 TSUs and the free night only arrive at 60 nights, you'd still want to do 60 if you can.
a Cat 7 free night + 2 TSUs at 60 nights only?... that just made the 55 re-qualification useless....
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:37 am

Ended the year with 51 nights complete out of the 55 to requalify for globalist. Last night, got an email saying I got globalist for another year until feb 2020. Not sure if this is a mistake or does hyatt sometimes give a little leeway for members just shy of requalification?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:12 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jglenn16
Ended the year with 51 nights complete out of the 55 to requalify for globalist. Last night, got an email saying I got globalist for another year until feb 2020. Not sure if this is a mistake or does hyatt sometimes give a little leeway for members just shy of requalification?
Did you get the free cat 1-7 night and 4 suite upgrade certs ? Last year, there were reports of people with 58 or 59 nights not retaining Glob, so this may be a change. In the GP days, Hyatt showed a bit more flexibility.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Totally off topic and irrelevant. I have no idea why you quoted my post and then wrote this.
Apart from the fact that Americans have a big head start on status thanks to the new credit card, which arrived mid-year IIRC...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by skj
Did you get the free cat 1-7 night and 4 suite upgrade certs ? Last year, there were reports of people with 58 or 59 nights not retaining Glob, so this may be a change. In the GP days, Hyatt showed a bit more flexibility.
yes, I did get 4 upgrades that expire 2/29/2020 and a free cat 1-7 night that expires 6/30/2019
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Do you have the new WoH credit card? If so, does the 51 nights include the 5 qualifying nights from the credit card? If not, the card would have put you over the top.

If it was 51 nights, total, what did your spend look like? Full Globalist renewal at 51 nights, with all the benefits, would be quite a gift from Hyatt.

Apart from the fact that Americans have a big head start on status thanks to the new credit card, which arrived mid-year IIRC...
We've had this debate a bunch of times already, but Hyatt's average non-U.S. property is a lot nicer than the average U.S. property. Aside from the fact that Hyatt isn't dominant in enough, if any, foreign countries to the point that a non-U.S. credit card would make sense, Hyatt probably also doesn't want foreign residents spending their way to Globalist and then enjoying the perks at the (better) non-U.S. Hyatts.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Do you have the new WoH credit card? If so, does the 51 nights include the 5 qualifying nights from the credit card? If not, the card would have put you over the top.

If it was 51 nights, total, what did your spend look like? Full Globalist renewal at 51 nights, with all the benefits, would be quite a gift from Hyatt.
I do have the WoH credit card, but the 51 nights already includes the 5 qualifying nights from signing up, which was back in August, I think. My spend wasn't that high, I don't know exactly, but it was probably in the realm of $3k-4k for the 2018?
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:00 am
Suspended

That's interesting. Unless this was a mistake, it looks like Hyatt is being very loose this year, which is odd, since occupancy rates remained strong.

Full Globalist at 46 nights (or fewer, via CC spend) is a hell of a value.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:32 am

That's interesting. Unless this was a mistake, it looks like Hyatt is being very loose this year, which is odd, since occupancy rates remained strong.

Full Globalist at 46 nights (or fewer, via CC spend) is a hell of a value.
It was 46 nights + 5 nights from the WoH CC. Yeah, I was a bit surprised too because I pretty much gave up on the chance of requalifying in December.

Last edited by jglenn16; Jan 2, 2019 at 10:57 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:39 am
Suspended

It was 46 nights + 5 nights from the WoH CC. Yeah, I was a bit surprised too because I pretty much gave up on the chance of requalifying in December.
How much did you spend on the WoH credit card in December? That could partly if not entirely explain it.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:19 pm

How much did you spend on the WoH credit card in December? That could partly if not entirely explain it.
My statement balance as of 12/11 was $3,714.12. And my current balance as of today is $3,854.12. I pay my card off in full each billing period.

I already got the 2 extra nights (this was included in the 51 elite nights total that I ended the year with) for spending $5k for the statement ending on 12/11.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Thanks. At most, you might have hit one $5,000 increment for an additional two nights, but that doesn't explain the 4-night bump. Looks like Hyatt is being generous this year.
jglenn16 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, again, how is that relevant? My statement was that Hyatt does not do things like promise certain status benefits (55-night re-qual) and then change those benefits when people are most of the way to qualifying -- they give 1+ year notice, as they should.

There is no expectation or requirement that everyone has the same requirements to qualify. The US has the credit card. Employees of some companies get globalist for 20 nights. I got my Globalist status comped, (complete with free night and TSUs) and then got it extended after a year where I stayed less than 10 nights, before I really started staying at Hyatt and earning it "for real" last year.

This happens in just about every industry. If you live in Sri Lanka you can buy a round trip business class ticket to the US for 1/4 of the price of a round trip business class ticket from the US to Sri Lanka on the same airline. Is that "fair"? Whatever. It doesn't matter. It's priced competitively for the market it's in. If you don't feel that Hyatt is competitive in your market then don't give them business. But don't expect to be treated the same as someone in another market; that's just not reasonable.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I’m pretty sure Hyatt credited the 2019 credit card nights to 2018 by accident. Can anyone else confirm? Call Hyatt and ask for your 2018 total nights. If you have the credit card, it will be 5 nights too high, if my suspicions are correct.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by stvr
I’m pretty sure Hyatt credited the 2019 credit card nights to 2018 by accident. Can anyone else confirm? Call Hyatt and ask for your 2018 total nights. If you have the credit card, it will be 5 nights too high, if my suspicions are correct.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Since I was missing 4 elite nights, Hyatt crediting the 5 nights for having the WoH credit card for 2019 in 2018 would’ve put me over for requalification. I’m wondering if they will retroactively remove those nights now. Bummer if that is the case though.

Last edited by jglenn16; Jan 3, 2019 at 9:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.