Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Dec 6, 18, 10:30 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, Alaska MVP 75K, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist),National Exec Elite
I'm at 67 nights and done for the year. Despite Hyatt basically just retaining the status quo with the program, they have regained my personal #1 status simply due to the incredible dumpster fire that is Starriott.
Duke777 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 18, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood and Hilton Peasant, AA and United It All Depends
. . . .There is a HP here that has $74 rates, so trying to decide if spending $810 for a nine-night mattress run makes sense.
Oh goodness yes! I would never let it go if that close.

Check Christmas week and it is likely even less. But based on my experience with late-year mattress runs; go by the place every day just to wash your hair in the shower, wallow on the bed, leave a light on, and drop a housekeeping tip. Or send the most annoying visiting relative there for the holidays.
Old Dec 6, 18, 4:40 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jayer View Post
Oh goodness yes! I would never let it go if that close.

Check Christmas week and it is likely even less. But based on my experience with late-year mattress runs; go by the place every day just to wash your hair in the shower, wallow on the bed, leave a light on, and drop a housekeeping tip. Or send the most annoying visiting relative there for the holidays.
If it's the HP by IAH, that looks like the cheapest rate through the rest of the year. I have 2 nights booked right after Christmas, just in case I need them. I also did a 3 night mattress run there earlier. I checked in in person and then checked out on line 3 days later, not bothering to show up anytime during the stay. The holiday period may be different, though ... I don't know.
Old Dec 6, 18, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Going for top level with Hyatt for the first time.

At 51 nights, with at least 2 to come from credit card soon.

Likely have to scare up a few 5k mattress run redemptions in the next couple weeks.
Old Dec 6, 18, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Going for top level with Hyatt for the first time.

At 51 nights, with at least 2 to come from credit card soon.

Likely have to scare up a few 5k mattress run redemptions in the next couple weeks.
Unless you really want to stay at these properties why not just make one single reservation for x nights, check in and then leave. Less trouble!
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:01 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB; Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by skj View Post
If it's the HP by IAH, that looks like the cheapest rate through the rest of the year. I have 2 nights booked right after Christmas, just in case I need them. I also did a 3 night mattress run there earlier. I checked in in person and then checked out on line 3 days later, not bothering to show up anytime during the stay. The holiday period may be different, though ... I don't know.
Yep, it is the one by IAH at $74 a night, which seems like the cheapest in town through the end of the year. I'm 25 miles away from there and not really planning on trips back and forth.

I've not done a mattress run more than two nights, but I doubt the hotel will let a room go untouched for 9 nights with a DND sign on the door.

I'm tempted to just tell them at check-in that I'm not going to be there every night and to not check me out until my official check-out date, but not sure how well that would go over.

Maybe I'll wander back after four days for the stellar breakfast (Incidentally, I recently had breakfast at a HP, and the shredded pork breakfast tacos were actually pretty decent).
Old Dec 7, 18, 7:15 am

Programs: Lifetime SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott LT Plat, UA Silver
I reached 55 nights last week and was awarded the 4 suite upgrades and the free night award. I though the free night was given at 60 as I scheduled additional nights to reach 60 by end of Dec. My bad.

I really dislike the 1 year expiration of suite upgrade awards as it pushes many of us to delay qualifying as late as possible.
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
I reached 55 nights last week and was awarded the 4 suite upgrades and the free night award. I though the free night was given at 60 as I scheduled additional nights to reach 60 by end of Dec. My bad.

I really dislike the 1 year expiration of suite upgrade awards as it pushes many of us to delay qualifying as late as possible.
Suite upgrades now (starting with ones earned in 2018) expire at the end of the status year, no matter when you earn them.
hotelfanatic and CopperSteve like this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 10:40 am

Programs: HH lifetime diamond, GP diamond, Marriott lppe,AA lifetime plat, Seabourn diamond elite
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
I'm at 67 nights and done for the year. Despite Hyatt basically just retaining the status quo with the program, they have regained my personal #1 status simply due to the incredible dumpster fire that is Starriott.
So true! Many Marriott stays this year due to SPG point conversion + wish to attain lifetime top status. Lifetime top status hoping to avoid room next to ice machine on the occasional future stay.

Hyatt/Hilton/Priceline for 2019

Hyatt 2018 57 nights earning less than 10,000 YTD base points. And I do miss cash+points under old system.
Old Dec 7, 18, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Unless you really want to stay at these properties why not just make one single reservation for x nights, check in and then leave. Less trouble!
1000 AA miles per stay through year-end at Hyatt House and Place.

Fortunately plenty of cat 1s pretty near me.
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott LT Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Suite upgrades now (starting with ones earned in 2018) expire at the end of the status year, no matter when you earn them.
I check and you are sure right.. Expiration Date Feb 29, 2020

As I must be out of the loop on these changes, are there any awards for reaching 60 nights now?
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
I check and you are sure right.. Expiration Date Feb 29, 2020

As I must be out of the loop on these changes, are there any awards for reaching 60 nights now?
Well, if 60 = Globalist for you, yes, you get a Cat 1-7 free night. Some of us got that at 55.
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat / SPG LTG, Amtrak Select Executive
Next week should be my last work trip of the year (2 nights in a HR in Crystal City), will end the year at 84 Hyatt nights and 75 SPG/Marriott nights. Chose 10k points for 70 and 80 night awards, then promptly used them with my free cat 1-7 night for two nights at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun in January, which has become a nice little January Hyatt tradition.
Old Dec 7, 18, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post

1000 AA miles per stay through year-end at Hyatt House and Place.

Fortunately plenty of cat 1s pretty near me.
Are you sure the 1k AA apply to award stays?
Old Dec 7, 18, 4:21 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM
For bookings check in on 31st Dec and check out on 1st Jan 2019, does it count as night/stay for 2019?

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: