Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:01 am

Glob with 0/60 nights. Burning Hyatt points and paying $$ at Marriott/SPG properties.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by SF1K
28 officially in - spending my 30th night tonight and will be 31 once this stay posts. Already booked to about 67 by end of year.

Also by by end of year about $10k away from LTG - hope to hit that sometimes in 2018.
Where can we see our lifetime base points?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Supposedly in the monthly email statements. Last month's didn't seem to actually contain any statement information.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:35 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Nowhere. They used to show up in the monthly Account Summary email but it was omitted from the most recent one. Call WoH and they can tell you.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
1 stay to date this year after more than 65 last year. Moved all my stays to Marriott. Burning off Hyatt points this year. Should be close to zero after xmas trip to the HR Maui. Sad to leave Hyatt as I have been Diamond for 10 years, but it just isn't worth it anymore.

I miss some kf the Hyatt properties. But the larger footprint for Marriott/SPG is nice!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

9 YTD. 3 nights coming up next week. I might just do 30 this year, doubt I can do 60 nights with destinations this year.

I have 30 hotel nights so far spread across IHG, Hilton, SPG, and Hyatt, depending on nightly rate/convenience.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Yes I called at beginning of the year so in had my Lifetime to date as of 1/1. With the counter of base points towards annual renewal it at least makes it easier to keep track of progress. Figure I'll call again towards end of year and hopefully my numbers will match theirs.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:41 pm

28 nights, but can easily hit 60, if I chose Hyatt. Have 20+ in MLife alone during Q3 & Q4.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I need 18 nights and should pretty easily get them, but I drifted back to Marriotts for a couple of stays in the past two weeks rather than at a HyattPlace, and having a full nice lounge makes me see the folly in chasing Hyatt nights.

If my choice is between a full-service Hyatt versus a full-service Marriott, I'll probably go with a Hyatt. The same for a choice between a HyattPlace and a Courtyard.

However, some recent travel has me in places with a full-service Marriott compared to a HyattPlace. Last year, I probably would have stayed at the HyattPlace. This year, I'm sending those stays to Marriott.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
For those of you all that hit 60 nights already, when did your DSUs post, and were they with the correct expiration date?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Excuse my ignorance, but if you would have no trouble reaching 60 nights/year OR $20,000 spend why is everyone against Hyatt now?
You still get best available room plus now get a suite (if available)
Breakfast is still included.
Club access is still available.
Now resort fees are free.
Only thing we aren't getting is 1,000 points or amenity.
Or am I missing something?????
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by frogss29
Excuse my ignorance, but if you would have no trouble reaching 60 nights/year OR $20,000 spend why is everyone against Hyatt now?
First sentence take out the "but if you would have no"
Last sentence replace "or am I" with "Now I am no longer"
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by frogss29
Reading this from my suite in a Marriott with lounge that I got upgraded into for a three night stay as a Marriott Gold. Beats the more expensive HH down the road with the dingy 1st gen CFL lights and the hard beds and the non-existing body lotion in the bathroom.

But yeah, I basically have no chance of reaching 60 nights/year. I don't think I am going to spend that many nights in all hotels combined, and certainly not in locations with Hyatts. So I am not even trying (because "2nd prize" Exploralizer ain't worth the plastic of the card they mail you).
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by sam_goh
First sentence take out the "but if you would have no"
Last sentence replace "or am I" with "Now I am no longer"
Fair enough...so if you can comfortably reach/stay at globalist level, it is worth it. Otherwise, there are better choices out there.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
No stay with hyatt yet. Pretty sure that im NOT gonna make globalist again this year.

Maybe ended up around 10 nights.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Apr 20, 2017 at 6:40 am Reason: Correction

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.