Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old Sep 3, 18, 2:41 am
formerly a193991
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Elephant (formerly known as Diamond)
Requalified on August 5 with 43 nights and 114k base points. Should achieve LTG next year, and hope that WOH will not change their rules...
Old Sep 3, 18, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA scum/0.688MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR/SPG Gold,Hertz PC, National EE, Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
Requalified on August 5 with 43 nights and 114k base points. Should achieve LTG next year, and hope that WOH will not change their rules...
I feel like I'm never going to hit LTG. I don't get to stay on expensive rates for work. I'm at 45 nights, 53k base points.... 390k base point lifetime
Old Sep 3, 18, 2:02 pm

Programs: FORMER Hyatt Diamond Loyalist, now Globallist
11 to go; then I get my FREE sub and a Captain’s hat.....yay
Old Sep 3, 18, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr View Post
I feel like I'm never going to hit LTG. I don't get to stay on expensive rates for work. I'm at 45 nights, 53k base points.... 390k base point lifetime
You're 39% of the way there! That's got to be further than 99% of this forum.
Old Sep 3, 18, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA scum/0.688MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR/SPG Gold,Hertz PC, National EE, Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
You're 39% of the way there! That's got to be further than 99% of this forum.
Yeah, but it took 442 nights since the beginning of 2012 to get there which means over 1000 total before I get there (though allowable hotel rates going up each year means a slightly higher rate of accumulation as the years go on, assuming the 1MM target doesn't move before I get there)

I'm also 70% of the way to 1MM on United, but I just gave up flying them...
Old Sep 3, 18, 7:55 pm

OK, but lifetime Globalist is worth a LOT more than lifetime United Silver. You can get pretty close to the latter with a low-annual-fee credit card. The former is worth real money, at least to me. I'd rather have the former by a factor of at least 10.

Edit: where do you see your lifetime night count?
Old Sep 3, 18, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

I'm also 70% of the way to 1MM on United, but I just gave up flying them...
OK, but lifetime Globalist is worth a LOT more than lifetime United Silver. You can get pretty close to the latter with a low-annual-fee credit card. The former is worth real money, at least to me. I'd rather have the former by a factor of at least 10.
UA 1MM is lifetime Gold which is a very different equation than your assumption.
Old Sep 3, 18, 8:14 pm

Edit: where do you see your lifetime night count?
1MM on UA is Gold, but still not necessarily worth it

I track all my Hyatt stays, back to my very first one at the HR Orlando Airport in 2004, in a spreadsheet That's how I know my night total. Also lets me track things like unique hotels (49 not counting the MGM in LV), total number of points earned, number of points burned, etc

By no means am I saying its not worth it to hit LTG, I just still have a long road ahead of me to get there
Old Sep 3, 18, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
UA 1MM is lifetime Gold which is a very different equation than your assumption.
Didn't realize. But that is much better. I have about as much chance of hitting that as I do Hyatt LTG. In fact, I'm about 20% of the way to both, so, realistically, never gonna happen.
Old Sep 3, 18, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Didn't realize. But that is much better. I have about as much chance of hitting that as I do Hyatt LTG. In fact, I'm about 20% of the way to both, so, realistically, never gonna happen.
I'm at 120% for UA and 15% for Hyatt... HyLTG isn't even a pipe dream.
Old Sep 3, 18, 10:47 pm
formerly a193991
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Elephant (formerly known as Diamond)
I don't travel business anymore, all personal/leisure stay. BUT I had the privilege of traveling with a family of 4 for 3 weeks, hat 20 nights, 3 rooms and paid them all, hence the high amount of base points.
since I only travel on leisure, it's extremely hard to reach 55 nights to requalify. I need about 95k base points to reach LTG, and am considering to "invest" in vacation next year with more expensive rooms to reach.
Old Sep 3, 18, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Maybe this will help: Google Ventures' Bill Maris says humans could live for 500 YEARS | Daily Mail Online
Old Sep 4, 18, 3:19 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
1MM on UA is Gold, but still not necessarily worth it

I track all my Hyatt stays, back to my very first one at the HR Orlando Airport in 2004, in a spreadsheet That's how I know my night total. Also lets me track things like unique hotels (49 not counting the MGM in LV), total number of points earned, number of points burned, etc

By no means am I saying its not worth it to hit LTG, I just still have a long road ahead of me to get there
You should get a free night Cat 1-6 once you hit 50 properties if Hyatt still does this under WOH.

I think I screwed up because I should have stayed more with SPG where I have 10 years & 350 nights vs investing so much into Hyatt with something like 420k Base Points. In that case I'd be Lifetime Marriott (shiver) Platinum now instead of Marriott Lifetime Gold and Hamsterwheel Plutonium with Hyatt.
Old Sep 4, 18, 8:07 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
You should get a free night Cat 1-6 once you hit 50 properties if Hyatt still does this under WOH.
Are you talking about this 50 Unique Hotels Visited ? Seems to be ancient history ...
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by skj View Post
Are you talking about this 50 Unique Hotels Visited ? Seems to be ancient history ...

I was on track for that, and then they cancelled the promo. Totally bummed :-(

Search this Thread