Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I bit the bullet and hit 60 nights this week. Afterwards, I was sitting on the train, and a woman dropped her scarf. I picked it up to hand it to her, and she gave me a free bottle of water. WoH is bringing us all together.

I went ahead with 60 nights so that I could secure a suite upgrade for a vacation next June. The upgrades hit my account immediately, and other than a short delay with the agent on the phone telling me I had to wait until the upgrades were awarded in February to use next year (on the Glob phone line no less), it was applied to that stay.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:34 pm

As of today I’m an Explorist, Was a Diamond last year. Currently this year I’m at 0 of 60 nights. Going to stay that way through the rest of my year too, WoH was/is not for me so I left and actually really did leave. I need to use my free night at some point still even.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
38 nights in so far, and about 50% of the way in terms of points. Just did 8 nights on points (7 with a TSU at the GH Kauai) and one night using the Cat1-7 cert, none of which counted of course.

I did 88 nights last year, but it was a heavy year for me. Not sure I'll get that high again this year. Will probably requal, but need to evaluate timing like others due to the expiration policies.
Well, shortly after this post I had a big downturn on my business travel. I've only advanced to 40 nights. I've got 11 more booked before the end of the year, but there's no guarantee those will happen, and those aren't even enough to reach Glob. I have been a Diamond since I started with Hyatt in 2012 (starting with a challenge that I completed and then met the full criteria that year as well)

Previous years:
2012: 67 nights/25 stays
2013: 54 nights/25 stays
2014: 64 nights/26 stays
2015: 59 nights/28 stays
2016: 88 nights/30 stays

If I get all 11 nights for work, I'm still thinking it isn't worth trying to mattress run for the last 9. Big problem around here is that there aren't reasonable Hyatts to do it cheaply. During the week they are occupied by business travelers and conference goers, and weekends have tourists to Disney - a lose, lose. Though supposed I could try to find a cheap P&C location....
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Only 10 paid nights this year and another 14 award. Won't get closer. I'm a free agent this year except for my 14 Kimpton stays.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Well i just requaled...I had to travel to London and the Andaz was really the best choice of the bunch. Very happy with the Andaz despite some service misses.

My TSUs hit my account today, and at 62 nights I guess I qualify for a Private Line/Concierge?

I grudgingly hit the 62 it could have been closer to 80+, definitely feel betrayed by all of these 20 night promos to elite.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
definitely feel betrayed by all of these 20 night promos to elite
+1

Despite that, I think I will begrudgingly go ahead and requal as well, for the TSUs. (I'm eligible for one of the 20-night offers and will complete that when I hit 48 YTD nights, but I'm in this for the TSUs.)

Currently sitting at 33 nights, have 13 more booked and ample opportunity to fit in another 14 by year's end.

The only alternative would be for me to spend 8 more nights at SPG to get SPG75 (extra point/$ and the Your24 benefit) but I already have regular SPG Platinum and will probably get more mileage out of the Hyatt TSUs... so Hyatt it is
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I'm now at 56 nights. I would have gone over 60 in August, but I took the advice of a few posters in this forum to postpone for as long as possible so that the time-limited requalification benefits would not expire too early next year. (Instead of staying at Hyatts in August I did a nine-stay Marriott Platinum challenge, including five one-night stays at various Marriott properties in Bangkok.) The 60-night WoH Globalist threshold is not too difficult for me because I travel to Asia several times a year for work. Like everybody else, I hate the new program. But there are a few Hyatts I really love in places I visit often, so I'll requalify next month and probably keep requalifying so long as it does not require too much extra effort or expense.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
I just booked my 60th night for 12/15. Hyatt really lost a lot of business from me. I was at 59 since mid August and switched all my stays to either all points or other chains.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by bknets88
I just booked my 60th night for 12/15. Hyatt really lost a lot of business from me. I was at 59 since mid August and switched all my stays to either all points or other chains.
I think in many ways this is getting pretty well worn. After all these years I have made the decision not to stress myself out trying to get 60 nights it's just not worth it, Hyatt just does not have sufficient footprint with my travels to make the 60. I spend 20 nights a year for conferences recertification etc professionally. Now winning that down and already Marriott Lifetime PLT I am ok.

Having said all that I do think there will be a change depending on results going into January 2018.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Still stuck at 12 with no paid stays since May. Don’t have any planned for the rest of the year. Will figure out what to do with my last TSU and points in Jan/Feb before losing globalist status. Will likely just go for 100 nights with SPG as I am just about there.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Recent stays have pushed me all the way to:

Nights: 3
Base Points: 1,375

I have one stay planned so it'll be back to Platinum or whatever dumb name they use for it now for me. Oh well.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
43 and holding. Will hit 60 in mid November. I'm staying SPG so I can stretch out my suite upgrades and will use the lag to qualify for SPG plat lite.
Hyatt lost about 25 of my nights with their new WOH policy's
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm at 58 nights currently and I'm going stay at this level until January 1st in protest to WoH for their offensive and downright terrible new program rollout.

Wait, on second thought, no, I will reach 60 nights in the next 30 days and maintain Glob status for another year and get 4 more TSU's issued along with a Cat 1-7 award night and I will look forward to the concierge service that comes with reaching the 60 night threshold. I will not expect that I will be contacted immediately about the concierge service but I'm confident they will reach out in due time, exactly when I expect them to.

You see, I'm enjoying everything about their new program and with a positive attitude it seems like I keep receiving better and better service from Hyatt. Yes, I look forward to 2018 and any changes they plan for the program because I know I will benefit greatly from it, as I have in the past.
CHOPCHOP767, MarkOK and markko like this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
If I get all 11 nights for work, I'm still thinking it isn't worth trying to mattress run for the last 9. Big problem around here is that there aren't reasonable Hyatts to do it cheaply. During the week they are occupied by business travelers and conference goers, and weekends have tourists to Disney - a lose, lose. Though supposed I could try to find a cheap P&C location....
What do you define as cheap?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just hit 102 nights. Not having any promos stunk but I needed to travel for work anyway and Hyatt’s were the most convenient. That being said, I have been splitting my time with SPG so I will shift most of my business there the rest of the year to max out benefits with them as well. Would be nice to get CC offered but the bonus points past 60 nights at least gave me some incentive to stay. Not sure I will give Hyatt this much business next year as there have been much better opportunities with other chains so there is no need to go past 60 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.