Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by edgewood49
28 short not sure due to travel this year and smaller footprint

Here is what gets me now you can do the CC challenge BUT if you do 20 nights you are not a full Globalist kinda like almost pregnant but not.

Anyone smell a rat?
Hyatt really knows how to stick their middle finger out with that stupid offer.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I've been at 53 for about six weeks and just went to 56 this week. I've held off hitting 60 nights.

I've rediscovered Marriott, and with Starwood combined now, I have a full week for two rooms at a Westin which would have been a Hyatt if it would not push me over 60 nights.

Some of the WoH changes have pushed me to other hotels. I'm not going to stay at a HP or HH if there is a full service Marriott/Starwood around, and I'm delaying hitting 60 nights so that I can spread my suite upgrades through the year.

I'm still a Hyatt guy. My wife and I were talking about this today. We did two rooms for a week at Ziva cabo on points this year, have six nights on points at Lost Pines this month, did a long weekend on points at Hill Country for two rooms, and booked two rooms on points at Coconut Point next summer. That was about 35 free nights within a year, and with the Suite upgrades at Cabo, Lost Pines, and Coconut Point, the total cash value would be pretty substantial.

Of course, it means I've gone from several hundred thousand points to less than 50k points, but it makes little sense to hoard points when you never know when the next significant devaluation may come.

I suspect I'll try to re-qualify for Glob in 2018, but it's a much more open relationship now than exclusivity with Hyatt.
sdadept, JackE and CHOPCHOP767 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aventine
Hyatt really knows how to stick their middle finger out with that stupid offer.
NS
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC, IC Plat, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold
60 Days Away

For the first time in 6 years I won't re qualify, and didn't waste a single night towards doing so.

Been a Diamond for the last 6 years, and split my nights between Starwood and Hyatt. With all the changes coming with WOH and looking towards career changes that will limit my travel I decided I'd focus on Starwood with the some of the benefits to me of the merger.

The thing that really did it for me was looking at my 300 plus nights at Hyatt that only got me 35% of the way towards Lifetime Diamond. With Starwood on the other hand I was almost there on nights (and assume that at least my lifetime gold will transfer over when the program combines and I'll be close to Platinum).

It was actually a pretty big decision for me. I much prefer Hyatt's (and consequently redeemed almost all of my award nights at Hyatt and let my SPG points build), but in the end I realized that I won't make lifetime in both programs, and need to focus on the more attainable one. Maybe things will change an I'll come back to Hyatt, but unless there is a big change to WOH I just don't see the benefit for my travel patterns and future plans. Shame the Hyatt Starwood merger rumors never came to fruition...
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Explorist for now. Had no plans on requalifying. Moved totally over to Starwood. Then Irma it. Will likely be discoverist next year fwiw.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Been at 59 since mid august. will do a mattress run on a category 1 c and p on 12/30
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:31 am

25 ish in. Prob end the year at 35. No plans to keep globalist next year. Would have been even less stays but had some suite upgrades to use :-)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:28 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
All the way...

-0- nts/stays this year. Maybe next year if they do something crazy, like correct their program flaws. As I've said before, I do 75 nts per year with IHG that I could just as easily shift to Hyatt, but not seeing the love.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by rbAA
-0- nts/stays this year. Maybe next year if they do something crazy, like correct their program flaws. As I've said before, I do 75 nts per year with IHG that I could just as easily shift to Hyatt, but not seeing the love.
I dont see why you would pick IHG over hyatt. SPG I could see but IHG is not that great.

Also the reason most are switching was because it was hard to hit 60 nights, it seems like you can so you might as well stay with Hyatt
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:23 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by bknets88
I dont see why you would pick IHG over hyatt. SPG I could see but IHG is not that great.

Also the reason most are switching was because it was hard to hit 60 nights, it seems like you can so you might as well stay with Hyatt
I think this has been discussed in great detail in other threads. Main reasons for doing Spire on IHG vs. Globalist in Hyatt: Lower cost for IHG properties; more coverage in the areas I travel; and even though the breakfast is not included in IHG Spire benefits, if you analyze the cost of the F+B spend at IHG, IHG still comes out lower. Plus, I frequently get it comp'd or at greatly reduced cost, plus the UPG's I've received from IHG have been consistent and great.

I also do SPG PLT50.

I should ask why you would do HH DIA (been there, done that,) instead of IHG. But, I know the answer: it depends on what you like, as always.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:41 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
As per my email statement... 20 nights to go:

"With 20 more eligible nights or xxxxxx Base Points by December 31, 2017, you'll be on your
way to another year of Globalist status through February 2019.
As a reminder, it takes 60 eligible nights or 100,000 Base Points each calendar year.
Make sure your loyalty is rewarded so you can continue experiencing our highest level
of luxury as a Globalist member, including:....."

With this statement Hyatt is adding more confusion to the T&C.... now not 55 nights
suffice to requalify, but 60 each calendar year....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
I think this has been discussed in great detail in other threads. Main reasons for doing Spire on IHG vs. Globalist in Hyatt: Lower cost for IHG properties; more coverage in the areas I travel; and even though the breakfast is not included in IHG Spire benefits, if you analyze the cost of the F+B spend at IHG, IHG still comes out lower. Plus, I frequently get it comp'd or at greatly reduced cost, plus the UPG's I've received from IHG have been consistent and great.

I also do SPG PLT50.

I should ask why you would do HH DIA (been there, done that,) instead of IHG. But, I know the answer: it depends on what you like, as always.
my Hilton Diamond is just from a status match. I have SPG 50 and Hyatt globalist and yes it sucks that there are very few hyatts
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by bknets88
my Hilton Diamond is just from a status match. I have SPG 50 and Hyatt globalist and yes it sucks that there are very few hyatts
I've moved over to WOH this year based on current travel patterns. IME, the HPs just offer the most comfortable and consistent stay where I am staying; especially when compared same class brangs, e.g. SPG's Four Points (which are all over the place in terms of refurbs) and MR's Fairfields/Courtyards which I've never enjoyed. Despite LT G with MR, the 'upgrades' are hardly noticeable and the cuts to weekend lounges really pushed me to look elsewhere.

I'm at 58 WOH nights and will hit 60 this week-end and then 62 next week; almost exclusively at HPs.

I've been pleased with WOH thus far. Only exception being the foolish mistake of redeeming 75K points for a weekend at the Bellagio. No wonder they wouldn't film Ocean's 12 there; Julia wouldn't be caught dead there. But, that was my mistake, not WOH's
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I've moved over to WOH this year based on current travel patterns. IME, the HPs just offer the most comfortable and consistent stay where I am staying; especially when compared same class brangs, e.g. SPG's Four Points (which are all over the place in terms of refurbs) and MR's Fairfields/Courtyards which I've never enjoyed. Despite LT G with MR, the 'upgrades' are hardly noticeable and the cuts to weekend lounges really pushed me to look elsewhere.

I'm at 58 WOH nights and will hit 60 this week-end and then 62 next week; almost exclusively at HPs.

I've been pleased with WOH thus far. Only exception being the foolish mistake of redeeming 75K points for a weekend at the Bellagio. No wonder they wouldn't film Ocean's 12 there; Julia wouldn't be caught dead there. But, that was my mistake, not WOH's
Be careful about telling everyone on here that you achieved status mainly though HP/HH properties. For some reason, that just doesn't seem to measure up. And god forbid you used your company expense account for a majority of your stays, oh my....they will tell you that you are not a true Globalist and its not the same as spending their own money for 25 stays per year, the way top tier status used to be achieved in years past.
bsdstone and MarkOK like this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
LOL! Yes, 52 of those nights were paid for by my employer, and 48 of them were at HPs/HHs. If it's any consolation, I'll make Globalist at the HP Richmond/Chester which no one would confuse for a PH. Pretty funny, I would think HP stays would be a 'hard earned' Globalist. I made AA EXP last year in a similar way: almost entirely on LGA and DCA shuttles.

Hyatt has been good to me; so can't complain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.