Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Reply

Old Jul 16, 17, 9:11 am
  #256  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: WN CP & A-List, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 400
Already requalified for Glob on nights back in June. Crossed 70 nights this week and received the selection email for the bonus which was nice. Will hit 100 nights by September and then there is no reason for me to stay here anymore this year. Why stop the bonuses at 100 nights? Staying at Marriott when it makes sense and then will shift all business to them at 100 nights to qualify for Plat. I don't understand why there is no incentive to stay beyond 100 nights. Rollover nights, continue the 10 night bonuses, something, anything!
ronbo83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 10:28 am
  #257  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Plat, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 8,093
Originally Posted by ronbo83 View Post
Already requalified for Glob on nights back in June. Crossed 70 nights this week and received the selection email for the bonus which was nice. Will hit 100 nights by September and then there is no reason for me to stay here anymore this year. Why stop the bonuses at 100 nights? Staying at Marriott when it makes sense and then will shift all business to them at 100 nights to qualify for Plat. I don't understand why there is no incentive to stay beyond 100 nights. Rollover nights, continue the 10 night bonuses, something, anything!
Using the status you have earned isn't a reason?
notquiteaff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 11:31 am
  #258  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 4,902
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
I'm sure Hyatt already has a good idea what their status numbers will be (+/-) solely using data through July.
and you are most likely correct but still third quarter final results would be telling
edgewood49 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 1:53 pm
  #259  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: WN CP & A-List, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 400
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Using the status you have earned isn't a reason?
At a Hyatt Place? No.

I can however stay at another chain that will reward me for making their top tier versus Hyatt continuing to incentivize me to stay there. The whole point of a loyalty program is to influence my decision to choose a hotel. If I am staying at a hotel that offers me nothing (HP/HH), I have no incentive to stay once I have achieved their maximum benefit in the program. Going for globalist to earn the perks and the TSUs is a goal and influenced my decision to stay at Hyatt. Will I still stay at Hyatts, especially on points stays, yes I will to leverage the benefits I have earned. But once I get to 100 nights, why would I stay at this chain with minimal benefits?
ronbo83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 2:25 pm
  #260  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Washington DC
Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Posts: 1,142
Originally Posted by ronbo83 View Post
At a Hyatt Place? No.

I can however stay at another chain that will reward me for making their top tier versus Hyatt continuing to incentivize me to stay there. The whole point of a loyalty program is to influence my decision to choose a hotel. If I am staying at a hotel that offers me nothing (HP/HH), I have no incentive to stay once I have achieved their maximum benefit in the program. Going for globalist to earn the perks and the TSUs is a goal and influenced my decision to stay at Hyatt. Will I still stay at Hyatts, especially on points stays, yes I will to leverage the benefits I have earned. But once I get to 100 nights, why would I stay at this chain with minimal benefits?
I suspect most people do not stay more than 100 nights within a calendar year, and if they do - it is generally at HP/HH. I'm sure Hyatt has done a cost benefit analysis of those who stay at HH/HP vs the more expensive brands and based its decision on the results of that review. The HP/HH crowd is not the demographic group Hyatt truly markets its loyalty programs IMO.
SethLevy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 7:11 pm
  #261  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Posts: 39,049
Originally Posted by SethLevy View Post
The HP/HH crowd is not the demographic group Hyatt truly markets its loyalty programs IMO.
Many people stay at HH/HP because that's the only option in town.

Moreover the rates often equal the full service properties. And the margins may actually be higher. That's why these places are cropping up all over the place.

I don't stay at limited service unless there's no better option (maybe once or twice a year), but the idea that program members who spend lots of nights in these properties are either not profitable or not "real" Globalists/Diamonds is just wrong.
Kacee is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 7:28 pm
  #262  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Gold Coast AUS
Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I don't stay at limited service unless there's no better option (maybe once or twice a year), but the idea that program members who spend lots of nights in these properties are either not profitable or not "real" Globalists/Diamonds is just wrong.
That's true they are probably far more important as customers then many other segments but for me the words Hyatt and limited service still just don't sit well together. The first HP recently opened in Australia and it was met by a sense of shock by locals who have always considered Hyatt to be a premium luxury brand here.
drpopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 8:34 pm
  #263  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card
Posts: 108
I have 1 night...don't think I am going to make it...using lots of points this year as it will be my last year for status.
OceanBreezes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 17, 9:26 pm
  #264  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Posts: 39,049
Originally Posted by drpopper View Post
The first HP recently opened in Australia and it was met by a sense of shock by locals who have always considered Hyatt to be a premium luxury brand here.
Then they've done a nice job of marketing. I don't know exactly what the numbers are, but here in the US, a large percentage of Hyatts are either limited service or convention properties. The number of "premium luxury" Hyatts in Hyatt's home country is really quite small.
Kacee is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 17, 1:47 am
  #265  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Gold Coast AUS
Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Then they've done a nice job of marketing. I don't know exactly what the numbers are, but here in the US, a large percentage of Hyatts are either limited service or convention properties. The number of "premium luxury" Hyatts in Hyatt's home country is really quite small.
Well locally with 3 PH's ,1 GH and 2 HR's up until now it really has been a bit of a premium brand I just can't see this HP property fitting in at all especially considering its located far away from ...well from anywhere interesting really.
drpopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 17, 2:04 am
  #266  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
It's just a label.... a lot of the non-US HP's could be branded as a HR in the US.
RTW1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 4:09 pm
  #267  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,531
As of now I am at 56 nights, set to requal in October...a few months early but i couldnt help it, and in London the Andaz does outshine the SPG properties (within the corp rate).
ZBigFam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 6:45 pm
  #268  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DL: Silver; AA: PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: GLD; MR: TIT
Posts: 1,385
15 to go with 6 nights booked. I should make it but its not been easy...
LINDEGR is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 6:58 pm
  #269  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 4,902
Originally Posted by LINDEGR View Post
15 to go with 6 nights booked. I should make it but its not been easy...
28 short not sure due to travel this year and smaller footprint

Here is what gets me now you can do the CC challenge BUT if you do 20 nights you are not a full Globalist kinda like almost pregnant but not.

Anyone smell a rat?
edgewood49 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 8:32 pm
  #270  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: DC Metro
Programs: United 1K; Marriott Plat (LT Silver); Hyatt Globalist; Avis Pres Club
Posts: 45
51 as of today. I plan to stop at 59 and hold off till the end of the year.
DC_infrequentflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread