Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by josephstern
If we are at all indicative of the larger group of travelers out there (I would think we're not) then we should all be shorting Hyatt stock in a big way.
I bought some Marriott stock. Does that count?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I'm sticking to my plan....ZERO nights so far this year with Hyatt due to WOH.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Sitting with 9 Hyatt nights and 30 SPG. In past years this could have easily been reversed.....

Originally Posted by dpb132
31 completed, 14 more confirmed. Will figure out a way to get the remaining 13. Interested in seeing how the experience is in 2018 when, presumably, the numbers drop significantly.
What does 58 get you?

Talk with UA 1Ks about their experience when PQDs were implemented and they believed things would improve with less members within their ranks.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dsquared37

What does 58 get you?
LOL! My first FlyerTalk math fail.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
If you are lifetime Platinum SPG, you qualify as Platinum Marriott.
Thanks, I forgot all about that!
Has it been announced whether or not that lifetime platinum SPG will roll over to lifetime platinum with Marriott?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Has it been announced whether or not that lifetime platinum SPG will roll over to lifetime platinum with Marriott?
NO!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by rfrost
LOL, 56 away. And the only reason I have 4 qualifying nights is because I wanted to burn expiring DSUs in January and February, so I had one relatively inexpensive paid stay and one P+C stay. This is my year to revisit my (few) favorite Hyatt properties while I still have status and burn my points, so I have about 15 nights reserved on awards or P+C. Very happy to say that there are no 4" high bathtubs involved.
And, at the half-year mark, I see that I've doubled my qualifying nights to 8--added 2 nights at an MLife (to take advantage of my MLife Platinum status before that, too, goes away), and 2 P+C s at an international property I wanted to try while I still have Hyatt status. I've also had a few non-qualifying nights (CC free night and points) at Hyatts.
In addition to those, I've had 11 qualifying nights at Fairmonts (plus 4 reward nights, 2 of them at a Raffles), 9 nights at Four Seasons, 3 at ICs, 3 at Kempinski, 1 at SPG, 1 at Taj, and a number of nights at various icons (e.g., Burj, Ritz Paris, Sirenuse) and other top-of-the-line (e.g.,O&O) or first-rate independent properties.
Fairmont is the only program I'm bothering to qualify with, and that, unfortunately, appears to be a short-term proposition. While it's definitely more work now, and I feel like 12+ years' worth of Hyatt knowledge are going to waste, I am really enjoying the freedom to stay where I want to stay.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm at 10, and it's only because I just had a 9 night vacation.

I'm on the fence if I'm going to bother getting any more, or if I will pay for what I want, since forcing the extra nights might cost as much as paying for it outright.

Hyatt has really blown it this time. And they know it.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:46 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Mary2e

I'm on the fence if I'm going to bother getting any more, or if I will pay for what I want, since forcing the extra nights might cost as much as paying for it outright.

so will you nevertheless remain a WOH Ambassador on FT
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
At the mid-year point this year, I am at 34 nights and 44,933 base points. I have stays that will get me to 60 nights and beyond. Not sure if I will make 100k base points, but that's irrelevant if I qualify on nights.

What is more important to me is that I will hit Lifetime Dia--I mean Glob by the end of this year or early next year. My strategy is to then diversify towards Marriott/SPG and go for Marriott LT Gold. I currently stand at 788k LT points with Marriott, and without very much effort over 10-12 years. LT Silver is 1.2M (not worth much), but LT Gold (1.6M) currently has interesting benefits. I figure with a little effort, I could hit that mark in +/-5 years. The Marriott footprint provides more options for point-based vacations...
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mary2e

I am leaning like you to end this merry go round. Thankfully my Marriott LFT PLT

But I will miss the international stays domestically so so
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
39 nights
68,841 points

I have 20 nights booked through EOY. I should make it fairly easily.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
26 nights so far. But I've had 26 nights since May. I had two recent points stays at PH Milan and PH Zurich, but no night credits.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
28 nights so far, will add another 10 nights by August 2nd. will reach 60 on December 3.
all on leisure stays, except 1 night on business in January. My travel schedule/pattern has drastically reduced, as I do not travel anymore on business, changed job. Not sure If I can get 55 next year on leisure stays anymore.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
46 nights, 14 more nights booked in November. So will make it but next year I'll use all my points and perks and then goodbye.
Planning to travel more in Europe, Africa and South America, where Hyatt presence is scarce.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.