Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Old May 22, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by JackE
People want to vent. Let them. You should be asking yourself why that is happening.
The irony of a post complaining that other people are complaining is never lost on me.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
The irony of a post complaining that other people are complaining is never lost on me.
Somebody moved the cheese....causes so many to fret.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I'm at 17 nights as of today. Have 3 more this week and then a gap in my travel. I was going to punt on World of Hyatt, but I have 10 nights at the end of the year at the GH Kauai that I am paying for, so thought I would give this one more shot...so far, I'm thinking this is the last year of "Globalist" for me. Not really seeing the value.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'm at 17 nights as of today. Have 3 more this week and then a gap in my travel. I was going to punt on World of Hyatt, but I have 10 nights at the end of the year at the GH Kauai that I am paying for, so thought I would give this one more shot...so far, I'm thinking this is the last year of "Globalist" for me. Not really seeing the value.
Breakfast at the GH Kauai isn't cheap - you might see more of the value after that. But probably not enough to close the gap between 30 and 60 nights.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Somebody moved the cheese....causes so many to fret.
No one's fretting. We've made alternative plans. But this website is used by many eyeballs that never post; all of these negative posts from longtime loyal elites should serve as a HUGE red flag for anyone considering joining World of Hilarity.

What I do find humorous is that there is still anyone out there who would defend this clearly inferior hotel loyalty program. It's irrational. But that's the customer that Hoplamazian said he wants - irrational customers. Mission accomplished.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
Breakfast at the GH Kauai isn't cheap - you might see more of the value after that. But probably not enough to close the gap between 30 and 60 nights.
It's not the only hotel on the island (there are better values) and there are other less pricey breakfast options if one's on a budget.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by itsallgood
It's not the only hotel on the island (there are better values) and there are other less pricey breakfast options if one's on a budget.
This hotel is literally the only reason I have decided to stay with WOH for now...my family has spent many Thanksgivings here and it holds a special place in our hearts. I hoard all my points, and every year or every other year, get a suite for my family and a room for my in laws...the club lounge is a HUGE savings for sure.

I'm curious what other hotels you think are better values?
Old May 22, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
No one's fretting.....
To fret, several definitions but these are appropriate:
- to be distressed
- a state of irritation
- to feel or express worry, annoyance, discontent, or the like
- an irritated state of mind; annoyance; vexation

Oh, I think people are fretting all right.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'm curious what other hotels you think are better values?
Well, it's subjective but how about the St Regis or Westin?

Since I'm expecting you to respond that you want to be on the south shore, the Sheraton has a much better beach and is about half the price of the Hyatt. But it's also not as nice as the Hyatt. But (x2) I'd say it's better than half as nice as the Hyatt - so, a better value.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
To fret, several definitions but these are appropriate:
- to be distressed
- a state of irritation
- to feel or express worry, annoyance, discontent, or the like
- an irritated state of mind; annoyance; vexation

Oh, I think people are fretting all right.
Sure, those foolish enough to stick with the World of Hilarity.

You had to reach past the primary meaning of the word for those definitions. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fret

Last edited by itsallgood; May 22, 2017 at 12:07 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I personally have actually higher status this year (Exploder) than I expected to have under GP, so I am definitely not distressed, irritated, worried, annoyed, vexed, or discontent.

As an outside observer, I am mildly amused by Hyatt's wonderful new world of irrational loyalty. This cluster is ultimately just renewed affirmation for my decision to go free agent several years ago.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Back on topic, am at 39 now and will be at 43 by the end of May. Have been contacted by the WoH engagement team but they haven't followed up...seems somewhat typical of this debacle of a program.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That's odd.

I received communication about 3 days after submitting my less than flattering survey/program comments.

I responded that I would be happy to speak/email with them, and 2 days later I got some questions asking for my specific opinion on the topics. That was on Friday.

I responded, via email, this morning. I also offered to speak with them on the phone if they would like, or to answer any other questions via email.

So from start to finish (stay/contact/response) it was about 2 weeks.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, it's subjective but how about the St Regis or Westin?

Since I'm expecting you to respond that you want to be on the south shore, the Sheraton has a much better beach and is about half the price of the Hyatt. But it's also not as nice as the Hyatt. But (x2) I'd say it's better than half as nice as the Hyatt - so, a better value.
St. Regis and Westin as you pointed out are on the wrong end of the island...too rainy for our tastes.
We had a MISERABLE experience at the Sheraton years back for my brother's wedding, so we won't head back...was hoping you might have something I hadn't heard of.
nevertheless, I thank you for the advice! ^
Old May 22, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mary2e
That's odd.

I received communication about 3 days after submitting my less than flattering survey/program comments.

I responded that I would be happy to speak/email with them, and 2 days later I got some questions asking for my specific opinion on the topics. That was on Friday.

I responded, via email, this morning. I also offered to speak with them on the phone if they would like, or to answer any other questions via email.

So from start to finish (stay/contact/response) it was about 2 weeks.
You will get a personal call I have. spoke with "My Hyatt Concierge" about this as they are just down the hall from the ones calling you. They are taking all of this seriously from what I have been told. We shall see

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.