Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Former Diamond -4 nights this year -due only to attending a conference at a Hyatt location.
Cancelled the Chase Hyatt card and will only stay at Hyatt properties if required to do so and no other options available.
Transferred 100K points to WN to guarantee CP and will burn the remaining points as the opportunity arises
Old May 17, 2017, 7:15 pm

This is a stupid, bitter thread.

If you don't like the new program, go elsewhere.

If you do like Hyatt properties and want to keep Globalist status for 2018 then divide 60 nights by 12 months and that equals five nights per month...

End of May, you should be at 25 nights.

Not very complicated.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by speedytimmy

If you do like Hyatt properties and want to keep Globalist status for 2018 then divide 60 nights by 12 months and that equals five nights per month...

Not very complicated.
Ah a voice from the wilderness or " a brain surgeon" We are all getting along fine before you came in and will do just fine after you exit.

Last edited by edgewood49; May 17, 2017 at 7:29 pm Reason: more
Old May 18, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum

Not very complicated.
I don't like the new program and will go elsewhere AFTER I burn up my cache (several hundred thou) of Hyatt points. I'm not going to transfer them and lose value; I'll burn 'em at Hyatts.

Not very complicated.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:14 pm

Still 0.

If award stays counted=7
Old May 18, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium

Not very complicated.

People want to vent. Let them. You should be asking yourself why that is happening.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Picture says more than 10 words
Nothing changed on the revenue side in the last month. Zero nights. I did book a seven night award stay for later this year, burning down my account balance to triple digits.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
People want to vent. Let them. You should be asking yourself why that is happening.
Dont blame him I am sitting here @25 and wondering. I don't see a damn thing when checking in, in the past 10 stays I have gotten Exactly the room I reserved and nothing else. Hmm so that's what loyalty gets you? Hell I am seeing hotels not delivering papers the next morning waiting instead for you to pick up at the front desk and now less and less of anything other than USA Today which is a rag.

No I have to agree with many pre March 1st it sucks.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
After next week I'll be over half way with 31 nights. I didn't really expect anything much better at this point, I've received a few complimentary suite upgrades so far lets see if i get one next week at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle, not expecting it though.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
After next week I'll be over half way with 31 nights. I didn't really expect anything much better at this point, I've received a few complimentary suite upgrades so far lets see if i get one next week at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle, not expecting it though.
if you catch the Seattle GH when they are not packed you stand a chance otherwise slim on suites. This is one of my favorites and stay there 10 nights or so a year. Note there is a new Hyatt opening late summer on the lake
Old May 19, 2017, 8:09 am

I must say it's very freeing not having to try to stay at Hyatts this year. The tiny footprint combined with lower service levels and having to fight for globalist benefits gets old fast. I have now renewed my love of SPG hotels and have found some wonderful local botiques. It's an eye opener.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
At 40 nights, will undoubtedly get to 60 this year.

I'm not thrilled with the WOH changes, but I have gotten suites at Bloomington, Phoenix, Houston, and MSP Hyatts. These are not fabulous locations, but the suites generally came in handy.

Stays at HPs now are much less appealing, and I happily go to Marriotts in most of those situations now.

The Cat 1-4 free night does not make up for the loss of the welcome amenity, but at least I got the sweet card for my complimentary bottle of water when checking in at Phoenix this week, and really, that more than makes up for no welcome amenity points.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:24 am

Coming at this from "perhaps" a different perspective. Am a Marriott Plat and former Hilton Diamond (while I liked Hilton to some degree their ridiculous point redemption numbers made me cringe).

I was really impressed that Hyatt reinstated many very old points (I'M talking a decade plus) that I did not even know I had. No other program would do this. I added a Hyatt Chase CC and with my wife's participation cashed in for a free week at Hyatt Zilara in Feb.

So my plan was to have Hyatt as my second choice to Marriott.
Will probably keep my credit card which gives me a limited (Discoverist?) status and frankly see little benefit in actively pursuing stays with Hyatt.
The only reason to keep the card is the one free night.

I can transfer Chase points directly to Hyatt, I see no way with their footprint to get the needed 60 stays for Globalist (which seems like sweet spot in rewards).

So I while I am intrigued by the Hyatt point redemption values and they have treated me well I am resigned that it doesn't really make sense for me to stay there as it doesn't earn me much I don't have already.

Would be interested in a Globalist match or something but don't really see this anywhere (supposedly a major company match going on).

Anyway would appreciate any insight from Hyatt 'experts'. Am I missing something?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes, award nights don't count toward status, however, if you do points & cash, they do.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
if you catch the Seattle GH when they are not packed you stand a chance otherwise slim on suites. This is one of my favorites and stay there 10 nights or so a year. Note there is a new Hyatt opening late summer on the lake
I got upgraded to a Corner Suite at the GH Seattle upon check-in last night. Didn't have to ask or beg. I set my expectations that I wouldn't get a suite and was pleasantly surprised. Nice view of the water is an added bonus and the weather is beautiful in Seattle. Sweet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.