Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt opens up Globalist Challenge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum

Saw this on a blogger's site.

"I have successfully registered with 0 stay and the Discoverist level granted by Chase Hyatt credit card.

Date: April 3rd – July 31st
Name: Fast Qualifying (or you could simply ask if there is any status challenge promotion available)
Challenge: Complete 4/10/20 qualified nights within this challenge period, and upgrade to Discoverist/Explorist/Globalist level, respectively.
Cash Only or Cash+Points counts as qualified night, Points Only doesn’t count.
Status valid through: February 2019"

As I a current Globalist who stayed 60 nights last year, I am shocked to see Hyatt is letting someone to achieve Globalist in 20 nights and getting status through 2019!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
You still need 60 nights to get upgrade awards so it will be Globalist lite status achieved through the match.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You still need 60 nights to get upgrade awards so it will be Globalist lite status achieved through the match.
We need to see terms and conditions in order to draw any such conclusion.

I don't see this published anywhere yet.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by westlaker
Saw this on a blogger's site.

"I have successfully registered with 0 stay and the Discoverist level granted by Chase Hyatt credit card.

Date: April 3rd – July 31st
Name: Fast Qualifying (or you could simply ask if there is any status challenge promotion available)
Challenge: Complete 4/10/20 qualified nights within this challenge period, and upgrade to Discoverist/Explorist/Globalist level, respectively.
Cash Only or Cash+Points counts as qualified night, Points Only doesn’t count.
Status valid through: February 2019"

As I a current Globalist who stayed 60 nights last year, I am shocked to see Hyatt is letting someone to achieve Globalist in 20 nights and getting status through 2019!
More incentive to dump Hyatt, and move to SPG, before returning to Hyatt via status challenge. Seriously, why do programs make it so hard for me to love them?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
I gave it a call, and the rep says this is targeted offer and need to contact your corporation to enroll. Friends were able to HUCA and get enrolled after calling 2,3 times. Since there is a scenario of targeting only, I would wait for more DP.

The targeting only to me makes sense though, maybe some reps weren't understood the offer well enough.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Where did you come up with that? I've encountered nothing from Hyatt that claims upgrade awards won't be granted to those doing 20 nights to qualify for Globalist via this challenge.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:58 pm

Considering I completed one back in December good through 2018, and in February they decided they were going to rescind my status, I'm not going within a 10-mile pole of this challenge. I don't trust Hyatt for a second.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Where did you come up with that? I've encountered nothing from Hyatt that claims upgrade awards won't be granted to those doing 20 nights to qualify for Globalist via this challenge.
It is now posted on viewfromthewing...

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....allenges-back/

Status received via challenge does not earn confirmed suite upgrades, and members receiving status via challenge will not receive a free night for reaching 60 nights or a dedicated personal concierge.

--

Would really make no sense to piss off the remaining people that are still sticking with Hyatt by giving full benefits.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Apr 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shustedm
Considering I completed one back in December good through 2018, and in February they decided they were going to rescind my status, I'm not going within a 10-mile pole of this challenge. I don't trust Hyatt for a second.
There was no status match/challenge offered in December of 2016. Which one did you complete?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Got shot down many times, saying this is a limited corporate offer specifically for certain companies. No go.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:52 pm
vek

Programs: Sky Team
i can't trust Hyatt no more.
AMA session last year had done pretty well reveiling the true color of Hyatt's loyalt Whole of Horribles.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
There was no status match/challenge offered in December of 2016. Which one did you complete?
I had asked about one last September over the phone and the representative incorrectly signed me up for what was a challenge only supposed to be for employees of a specific company (without my knowledge as the representative did not say this). I completed it (15 nights in 90 days) in December and was given Diamond Status to be converted to Globalist. However, in February, Hyatt found out that I was incorrectly enrolled in the challenge (again I did not know it was only supposed to be for specific companies as the representative told me she had a challenge open for me to enroll in) and that I was therefore losing my status after having given Hyatt plenty of money. They offered me a measly 15,000 for the inconvenience. I escalated this to Jeff Zidell to no avail. It would be one thing if I deceived Hyatt and told the representative I was an employee of the company when I wasn't, but this was their fault.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:16 pm

Placed a call and asked about the quick qualify offer. Guy said yeah there is one, gave my account number, and he said he enrolled me!

I have 10 nights already booked on my vacation coming up!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by shustedm
I had asked about one last September over the phone and the representative incorrectly signed me up for what was a challenge only supposed to be for employees of a specific company (without my knowledge as the representative did not say this). I completed it (15 nights in 90 days) in December and was given Diamond Status to be converted to Globalist. However, in February, Hyatt found out that I was incorrectly enrolled in the challenge (again I did not know it was only supposed to be for specific companies as the representative told me she had a challenge open for me to enroll in) and that I was therefore losing my status after having given Hyatt plenty of money. They offered me a measly 15,000 for the inconvenience. I escalated this to Jeff Zidell to no avail. It would be one thing if I deceived Hyatt and told the representative I was an employee of the company when I wasn't, but this was their fault.
This pretty much tells you everything there is to know about the great new World of Hyatt.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
More incentive to dump Hyatt, and move to SPG, before returning to Hyatt via status challenge.
hahaha this is precisely what i'm doing right now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.