Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt opens up Globalist Challenge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt opens up Globalist Challenge.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
We need to see terms and conditions in order to draw any such conclusion.

I don't see this published anywhere yet.
I am 99% sure that Globalist Lite is what it will be, given that that's what has been given to those blog contest winners that received the status upgrade.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I am 99% sure that Globalist Lite is what it will be, given that that's what has been given to those blog contest winners that received the status upgrade.
Some of the customers of the challenge have been told the status is good into the beginning of 2019 -- 2019. Isn't that a bit different than what the blog contest winners are getting?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is disgusting. Even if it's Glob Lite, they are still competing with people like me who have earned Glob status for a limited number of room upgrades at check in.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is disgusting. Even if it's Glob Lite, they are still competing with people like me who have earned Glob status for a limited number of room upgrades at check in.
The alternative is "simply good business", which may not be as good business as doing this.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Yep. And to think people actually believed there would be a reduction in the number of globalist due to the 60 night requirement and suite upgrades would become common for them.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Hyatt allowed many with a just a mere Hilton Gold to match to Diamond through a Twitter status match a couple years ago. Those "Fake" Diamond got four suite upgrades. Last year I was only able to use one suite upgrade. I tried several times but with no luck.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by westlaker
Hyatt allowed many with a just a mere Hilton Gold to match to Diamond through a Twitter status match a couple years ago. Those "Fake" Diamond got four suite upgrades. Last year I was only able to use one suite upgrade. I tried several times but with no luck.
A lot of Hyatt suite upgrade request rejections -- all of those which I received for my bookings -- had and have little or nothing to do with the number of Diamond/Globalist accounts there. Often I would be told "not available" or something like that for the suite upgrade request and then within less than 5 minutes later I'd make a separate call and be granted the upgrade. Go figure.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
A lot of Hyatt suite upgrade request rejections -- all of those which I received for my bookings -- had and have little or nothing to do with the number of Diamond/Globalist accounts there. Often I would be told "not available" or something like that for the suite upgrade request and then within less than 5 minutes later I'd make a separate call and be granted the upgrade. Go figure.
I suspect that more people with upgrade certificates led to more gaming of the system by the properties. Hyatt giving out top status like cheap candy likely does have something to do with it.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
The right way to handle all this is for Hyatt to extend the expiration date on DSUs that members have tried to use without success.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JackE
The right way to handle all this is for Hyatt to extend the expiration date on DSUs that members have tried to use without success.
Dream on.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Often I would be told "not available" or something like that for the suite upgrade request and then within less than 5 minutes later I'd make a separate call and be granted the upgrade. Go figure.
I have no idea how the Hyatt Passport desk works, but I can recall a couple of times being told DSUs weren't available during my dates, only to have them applied when contacting the property directly.

When applying DSUs, is there any reason to use the Hyatt desk? Seems just better to make the request directly from the property.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
This.

Hyatt has been my first hotel choice with 15 years as Diamond, now Globalist. I have 45 nights so far this year. I'll finish out this year but perhaps no more. This was a complete slap in the face, just after increasing the qualification requirements.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:32 pm

I feel insulted as a Diamond member for 10+ years. It's been a stretch for me to qualify (52 nights last year) and now 60. Straining to do that with Hyatt's limited footprint and giving absolutely all my business to Hyatt renders me incredulous that someone can apply for Hyatt's credit card and stay 20 nights and have most the same benefits as this Glob who earned status the hard way. What's the new email address to write in lieu of [email protected]?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
What's the new email address to write in lieu of [email protected]?
Surely Hyatt IT is not so stupid as to eliminate the ability to mail the old customer service address? Forwarding mail to a central account is not difficult.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Surely Hyatt IT is not so stupid as to eliminate the ability to mail the old customer service address? Forwarding mail to a central account is not difficult.
It's not that it's difficult, it's a statement. In HGP they pretended to care about us. In WoH they do away with the pretense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.