Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt promo "For being you." 2x points after second stay. Apr 1- Jun 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt promo "For being you." 2x points after second stay. Apr 1- Jun 30

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No. That's no nights within the promo period.
I'm not sure on this.

I'm also on a stay with an April 1 checkout. I know that for purposes of assigning qualifying nights, Jan 1 checkouts count for the new year, not the prior one (like a Dec 31 checkout would.)

Would the Hyatt spokesman comment on this please?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Since the number of stays (vs. nights) have no bearing on WOH status or on this promo why would you want to do this?
If I am looking to stay at a Hyatt for a whole week and that stay is my first stay in this promo period, I earn zero bonus points, for the entire stay.

If I check in for one night, then go somewhere else for the second night, then check back in on the 3rd night, I start earning the bonus from there on...

Guess it's nice of Hyatt to come up with such an obvious incentive for me to try the competition on night#2...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Guess it's nice of Hyatt to come up with such an obvious incentive for me to try the competition on night#2...
Yes but the number of people who will do that is inconsequential. "Normal" people (i.e., non-FT) don't think that way.

Last edited by Kacee; Mar 29, 2017 at 5:55 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
That is the pure genius of this promotion.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mechu
What is even more insulting is that the double points only apply from the 2nd elgible stay onwards. Promo is already weak and they can't even be "generous" enough to offer it from the 1st stay.
"Stay" definition was possibly no longer in new WoH T&C. It reveals the attitude of Hyatt marketing and misread of market competition. They seem hold strong belief of superior brand and more than often to match peers with similar but less (in irritative fashion)...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The promo pts are only awarded from the 2nd stay, so he wants to use the 1st night as the 1st stay and then get the promo pts for the remaining 6 nights.

I doubt very much that this will work. I would assume that back-to-back stays are still only one stay.
Ah- now I understand. I think you should do a one night stay at another property before your long stay-as others have suggested.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes but the number of people who will do that is inconsequential. "Normal" people (i.e., non-FT) don't think that way.
Do "normal" people actually sign up to GP/WoH promotions - or even bother to book stays direct?

I have relatives who travel, none of them seem to care about loyalty schemes, they're all using booking.com or similar.

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Ah- now I understand. I think you should do a one night stay at another property before your long stay-as others have suggested.
Hyatts are few and far between in the places I'll be during the promo period, so this isn't going to work for me.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This kind of stuff was done long before there was an FT. "Normal" covers nobody in every way when you look closely enough, or it covers just about everybody.

My bet is that lots of people who never use FT but pay attention to their Hyatt mail will figure this out and play this as makes sense for them. It's normal to be rational in pursuing one's economical self-interest.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Do "normal" people actually sign up to GP/WoH promotions - or even bother to book stays direct?
If you look through publicly-available annual reports, roughly 50% of any chain hotel's business has been booked through OTAs.

Hard for us FT-ers to understand, but most people travel so infrequently that they just book whatever is most convenient and/or heavily advertised.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you look through publicly-available annual reports, roughly 50% of any chain hotel's business has been booked through OTAs.

Hard for us FT-ers to understand, but most people travel so infrequently that they just book whatever is most convenient and/or heavily advertised.
Well when I traveling for business I book it through company OTA.

that doesn't means I don't play the games of point and miles...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
Well when I traveling for business I book it through company OTA.

that doesn't means I don't play the games of point and miles...
Everyone in my office who travel weekly book their own stays directly with the hotels/airlines. We do have a travel office but most choose to plan their own travel or have their admins book directly. All of them I talk to are into the loyalty games of points, miles and upgrade. Few of us are Hyatt loyalist, in fact I'm the only one.

This promo is insulting, I'm not insulted by the offer but the wording is belittling...."For being you" 2x points after 2nd stay... what the hell do you mean by that! who is the moron coming up with these STUPID Hyatt promo slogans! For being me you are offering double points!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
This promo is insulting, I'm not insulted by the offer but the wording is belittling...."For being you" 2x points after 2nd stay... what the hell do you mean by that! who is the moron coming up with these STUPID Hyatt promo slogans! For being me you are offering double points!
And not just the promo, the whole "World of Understanding" marketing theme. It's nearly as of much a turn-off for me as the program devaluation.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I think you have way too much time at your hands if you get upset about some bizarre marketing message.

The "loyalty" game is pure business and economics, for me at least. The promo is either attracting my business, or it doesn't (in this case, probably not).

I do wish they would spent less time on marketing speak and create complete and bullet proof T&Cs for the promo, so people don't have to guess if XYZ counts. The same questions come up every time; no one seems to learn from that.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
The starting with second stay is . Marriott usually does that and it always annoyed me over there too.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by jn in ca
If Hyatt doesn't want stays at low rent HPs to count, then take the Hyatt name off the sign.

This promo isn't just silly, it is lazy. Why would Hyatt execs think I would go out of my way for Hyatt (their footprint usually means more driving) instead of simply booking at Marriott/SPG when Hyatt's promo is worse?
This promotion is pretty much the same as the Marriott/SPG promotion, except I don't get points of my 1st stay instead of my 4th, 5th, and so on... which makes it superior for anybody who will have 5 stays in the promotion period.

It also isn't meant to make you go out of your way to stay at Hyatt, just stop you from booking away from them due to a lack of promotion.

And not just the promo, the whole "World of Understanding" marketing theme. It's nearly as of much a turn-off for me as the program devaluation.
What program devaluation?

WoH allowed me to book an award stay at the Andaz Napa on points and apply my DSU and park for free. Neither the DSU or the free parking would have been possible under GP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.