Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Agreed 90% of the time, this is a very generous benefit (when it isn't just limited to the club breakfast). A few properties though have strict limits, often equal to the value of some specific entree+coffee menu listing that (barely, and not always) meets the requirement of "entree+juice+hot beverage". The least amount of value I have come across is at HR Tulsa, (when they don't have the club open or the buffet at the restuarant), where this is as little as ~$13 per person (and they do provide 'coupons' you have to give the waiter, which is unusual and annoying; And the breakfast this buys fully is still pretty good in my opinion -- eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, and coffee). The most I probably spent has been at GH DFW where as two adults and 1 child we have had $100+ breakfast bills waived no questions, no fuss
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Two observations:

I’ve found Hyatt properties, for the vast majority of the time, to be more generous regarding this benefit vs SPG/Marriott.

Ive also found that hotels that generally have great globalist recognition (IE pre upgraded to suites without a TSU) also have the best breakfast benefit. Was recently at PH DC and had a pre upgraded suite and wasn’t charged for a 100+ breakfast despite the benefit being 40/person.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA MP
That's what I find really interesting, it doesn't seem like some hotels are enforcing the rules. Its generally listed at Member +1, but I've had experience where the "full breakfast" was waved for 3 people. Good reason to choose WoH vs Marriott.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by erickliu
That's what I find really interesting, it doesn't seem like some hotels are enforcing the rules. Its generally listed at Member +1, but I've had experience where the "full breakfast" was waved for 3 people. Good reason to choose WoH vs Marriott.
This is what makes Hyatt, by far, the best loyalty program of any major brand.... Their greatest consistency: bending over backwards for Globalist-level guests. I, too, have had $ limits mentioned but never enforced, and yes they will cover more than 2 adults from time to time, as well.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:17 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
This is what makes Hyatt, by far, the best loyalty program of any major brand.... Their greatest consistency: bending over backwards for Globalist-level guests. I, too, have had $ limits mentioned but never enforced, and yes they will cover more than 2 adults from time to time, as well.
Consistency isn't a word I would use in describing WoH. Yes, many properties treat Globs very well, but, as documented here and in numerous other threads, there are some who follow the T&Cs to the letter - "sorry, the side order of bacon is not included in your breakfast benefit", or worse, ignore them - "sorry, but you must pay for parking even if you're using a free night award". The failure of Hyatt to enforce its standards can lead to time-consuming and frustrating discussions with staff and property management, and in my view, is one of the failings that could be easily addressed (unlike footprint, for example).
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by skj
Consistency isn't a word I would use in describing WoH. Yes, many properties treat Globs very well, but, as documented here and in numerous other threads, there are some who follow the T&Cs to the letter - "sorry, the side order of bacon is not included in your breakfast benefit", or worse, ignore them - "sorry, but you must pay for parking even if you're using a free night award". The failure of Hyatt to enforce its standards can lead to time-consuming and frustrating discussions with staff and property management, and in my view, is one of the failings that could be easily addressed (unlike footprint, for example).
Really, you could say that about any major hotel reward program.

I was a Hilton Diamond for a decade and found the inconsistencies you mention far more prevalent than I experience these days with WoH.

Indeed, as a Globalist I find I am treated far better overall than I ever was as a Hilton Diamond.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Really, you could say that about any major hotel reward program.

I was a Hilton Diamond for a decade and found the inconsistencies you mention far more prevalent than I experience these days with WoH.

Indeed, as a Globalist I find I am treated far better overall than I ever was as a Hilton Diamond.
Can't agree more. Was Hilton Diamond as well as SPG Platinum, and there's simply no comparison. I've had service snafus, but again, on average, Hyatt is vastly more consistent in terms of providing a high level of service (including service recovery, when needed) to this Globalist.

People will always moan, groan, and complain not realizing how good they really have it.... until it's gone. Speaking of gone: I will fondly remember my years of unlimited upgrades on Continental/United at any fare on any domestic flight at the 2nd LOWEST status level (Gold). Back to hotels: if there's a better elite program out there then I'd love to know who it is...

Last edited by txhyattlvr; Sep 27, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Can't agree more. Was Hilton Diamond as well as SPG Platinum, and there's simply no comparison. I've had service snafus, but again, on average, Hyatt is vastly more consistent in terms of providing a high level of service (including service recovery, when needed) to this Globalist.

People will always moan, groan, and complain not realizing how good they really have it.... until it's gone. Speaking of gone: I will fondly remember my years of unlimited upgrades on Continental/United at any fare on any domestic flight at the 2nd LOWEST status level (Gold). Back to hotels: if there's a better elite program out there then I'd love to know who it is...
Hilton DMs can have breakfast at the main restaurant as well as the lounge, with all the Hyatts I've stayed this year, it is always the boring lounge breakfast.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Hilton DMs can have breakfast at the main restaurant as well as the lounge, with all the Hyatts I've stayed this year, it is always the boring lounge breakfast.
How about an apples to apples comparison? On average, are Hyatt lounges better or worse than Hilton lounges? Frankly I don't know as I have too little experience with Hilton lounges...

But in the absence of a lounge, in my experience Hyatt restaurants (where breakfast is served) are typically quite a bit better/higher quality than comparable Hilton restaurants AND you are guaranteed a full breakfast with Hyatt....

To each their own, but my experience with Hilton Diamond was not even close to comparable to Hyatt Globalist - and I can't imagine it's any better now that Hilton gives away Diamond status through Amex. SPG Platinum WAS comparable in the good old days, but I'd still argue Hyatt Globalist now is better than SPG Platinum back then.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Since when is this the case? I've been a Hilton diamond for several years now and only ONE property (Palmer House, Chicago) gave me this option. Ironically, I was there a month ago and specifically ASKED if that was still possible and they said no.

Wife is globalist (I'm also Plat. Premier at Marriott as I've moved a ton of personal stays over) and Hyatt's breakfast knocks it out of the park.

In terms of lounges, I dislike almost all of their breakfasts. The ones without warm protein (eggs / meat) are worthless to me. I can honestly say lounges are property dependent and no chain is universally "better" than the others. I've found some true gems in each line (and often the price point / category of the property does NOT correlate to the lounge).

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Agree on the lounge breakfasts. The only ones I can really remember liking and valuing were the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (going back there in a few days) and the Grand Hyatt Singapore.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
On average, Hyatt lounge breakfasts are better than Hilton or Marriott lounge breakfasts. And in terms of restaurant breakfasts for top-tier elites, Hyatt’s breakfast benefit in practice tends to be better than Marriott and Hilton.

Hilton lounge food offerings overall tend to be worse than Hyatt and even Marriott lounge food offerings.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Has anyone ever been upcharged at a Hyatt breakfast for a hot entree? I haven't run into it, but it's something I run into with SPG often and another reason I think Hyatt is better in this area
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Has anyone ever been upcharged at a Hyatt breakfast for a hot entree? I haven't run into it, but it's something I run into with SPG often and another reason I think Hyatt is better in this area
I've had overages charged before at PH NY and Andaz 5th. It's not a WOH issue but those properties upholding their own chintzy policies. Had very indulgent and full breakfasts at a lot of other Hyatts around the world so I'm very happy with the Hyatt breakfast policy.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Nope, never. And I've gone over the so-called limit at several properties, including PHNY.

I have run into cases where a portion of the breakfast bill is found on my folio. I've been told this is because some properties have a set amount that will auto-remove. In these cases, a mere mention to the front desk has had it removed without question. So if you call that an upcharge then so be it, but I've never actually paid anything for a Hyatt breakfast since becoming a Diamond several years ago....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.