Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
Hope you ate the nutella brioche! I've never had to sign there either.
For sure.

But I also really like the right hand side. Eel fried rice with ikura and shiso is quite tasty.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee

There is nothing to clarify. Property is flat out wrong.
Clarify to the property, i.e., intervene on behalf of the wronged guest.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by josephstern
For sure.

But I also really like the right hand side. Eel fried rice with ikura and shiso is quite tasty.
^
That's something new.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
For sure.

whoa! that's new? it wasn't there when i was there last. do you have a photo of this deliciousness?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by go4amiller
I recently saw my bill had a charge of 10.74 so I called and they stated that gratuity is no longer included as a breakfast benefit. The breakfast for 2 was $30.00 and they added a tip of 33% for the gratuity. I told the person to have the manager call me because that is not what I read the new WoH program benefits stated. I told the guy on the phone, is hyatt changing the rules every month? He stated it is just another change in their program. I did write an email to Hyatt to provide the latest rules. I hate surprises on my bill after I leave. And who tips 33%?
I'm a regular at the Hyatt Regency North Dallas - most of the corporate rates include breakfast (but don't include gratuity) so you have to tell the server that you're a globalist so your check will have the 15% auto gratuity on there. For whatever reason, the breakfast buffet charges come off the bill automatically but not the gratuity, the night auditor does goes through the bills of globalists on check-out day and makes sure those charges are adjusted (same with the bottled waters in the room). Where I always run into issues is if I checkout early and the breakfast gratuity on checkout day - I usually just go to the desk or call them to make sure the bill only includes room charges.

Long story short, they include breakfast (buffet or menu) - but you have to watch your bill to make sure it's fixed.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
whoa! that's new? it wasn't there when i was there last. do you have a photo of this deliciousness?
Sorry - those are three items that I put together in a bowl.

The ikura and shiso are always there.

The fried rice changes - sometimes eel, sometimes kimchi, and I think I saw a veggie version last time I was there.

Layer of rice, topped with ikura and shiso. Hard to beat.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Oh man, I would so not let this one go. Here's the current published T&C re Globalist breakfast:

Well, I was staying at PH and left $25 euro as gratuity and i was charged that on my CC at check out. I didn't ask thinking my be this hotel doesn't waive gratuity. Now I might reach out to WOH to check on this.
WoH Terms & Conditions

There is nothing to clarify. Property is flat out wrong.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anubond005
I was staying at PH and left $25 euro as gratuity and i was charged that on my CC at check out. I didn't ask thinking my be this hotel doesn't waive gratuity. Now I might reach out to WOH to check on this.
That's different.

OP was talking about a gratuity that was added by the property. If I add an additional gratuity, I expect to pay.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just stayed at PH Melbourne and was told no breakfast was available in the Club lounge but free continental breakfast was available in the restaurant downstairs for Globalists but this only was for cold items. If I wanted hot items from the buffet or eggs it would be an additional $8.00 charge ! I pointed out that this was not complying with WOH terms and conditions and received a shrug of the shoulders in reply. Needless to say after the lovely free hot breakfast I got at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne the previous morning (as well as the suite upgrade and generally better service and amenities) I don't think I will be visiting the PH Melbourne (which isn't in my view even worthy of the PH brand) again anytime soon.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by drpopper
Just stayed at PH Melbourne and was told no breakfast was available in the Club lounge but free continental breakfast was available in the restaurant downstairs for Globalists but this only was for cold items. If I wanted hot items from the buffet or eggs it would be an additional $8.00 charge ! I pointed out that this was not complying with WOH terms and conditions and received a shrug of the shoulders in reply. Needless to say after the lovely free hot breakfast I got at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne the previous morning (as well as the suite upgrade and generally better service and amenities) I don't think I will be visiting the PH Melbourne (which isn't in my view even worthy of the PH brand) again anytime soon.
Yeah, it should be full breakfast in lieu of the club lounge. How cheap can they get with that. You could definitely have raised the issue with upper management and probably won.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I stayed at PH Melbourne in June and had full breakfast at restaurant everyday without any issue. 20 year old property and looks more like HR than PH. Its lounge is good and usually quiet.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by benitovacation
I stayed at PH Melbourne in June and had full breakfast at restaurant everyday without any issue ...
Agree; I have been staying here about 20 nights per year and have never had to pay for full breakfast as a Diamond/Globalist.

Note that the lounge is only open for breakfast on Sundays; other days of the week it's been full breakfast in the restaurant.

Last stay was about 3 weeks ago; next one in two weeks.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... Needless to say after the lovely free hot breakfast I got at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne the previous morning ...
Hmmm ... I have had to pay $20 or $22 pp (it varied) for Diamond/Globalist breakfast in the restaurant rather at the MEL GH than eating in the lounge.

That would be a change for the better.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: UA MP
Seems like same hotels don't limit breakfast... is there a universal dollar value listed somewhere?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:58 am

There's no set limit. It varies by property. The Terms say that in the absence of a club lounge you are "entitled" to a full breakfast entree, juice, and hot beverage OR buffet for two adults and up to two children including tax and gratuity.

Some will describe less positive experiences, but in practice I've found this to be a **very** generous benefit. At higher end properties, I've run up bills in excess of $100.... charged it to the room, and had it promptly/automatically removed from the final bill. In (rare) cases where something appears on the final bill a quick call to the front desk (or text at some properties) and it's gone. No fuss, no vouchers or coupons either, it's very discreet benefit, which I also love!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.