Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Once you start down the road of a theoretical change like this, you open up a world of possibilities to suit each customer's needs.

If you don't care about breakfast, then maybe this status just isn't for you. For me, I'm actually not a big breakfast eater, but my wife is, and I join her on vacation. And this benefit is the best reason for status for me.

On the other hand, I pretty much never drink alcohol on an airplane. I'm a Delta Diamond. I get all of the free drinks I want. But I never use them. I also almost never check luggage. Should I push to get these benefits extended so that I can use that value in some other area? I could, but I get that Delta knows that a certain percentage won't use the benefit given. That's the way it works.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
If you don't care about breakfast, then maybe this status just isn't for you. For me, I'm actually not a big breakfast eater, but my wife is, and I join her on vacation. And this benefit is the best reason for status for me.
I don't find free breakfast (not at a buffet anyway) the single most appealing perk for having Hyatt status.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Once you start down the road of a theoretical change like this, you open up a world of possibilities to suit each customer's needs.
Isn't that (allegedly) what World of Hyatt is all about?
Old May 14, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Which Hyatt Centric was this?
The woodlands
Old May 14, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond
[QUOTE=IncyWincy;28297501] What is not clear is whether cayann26 was told that Diamond/Glob breakfast was the buffet at the restaurant or Diamond/Glob would be treated to a breakfast at the restaurant (with a cap of USD 50 for 2 which is not buffet, but perhaps not properly communicated). I am quoting cayann26's post below in green for easy reference. I am highlighting the ambiguous part in red.
Were they just told that breakfast would be at the restaurant where they therefore went, saw a buffet and assumed that it was for D/G? But in fact, D/G were to eat breakfast at restaurant and order up to USD 50?

we went to the restaurant on property they told us to go to

I didn't ask what I could get just where we should eat it at. I saw a buffet and just assumed it was ok to get. In hindsight I should of asked the front desk at check in, not only where to eat but what I could get to eat.
I am new into the loyalty world. Within the last year I was put in a position at work were I am making the hotel reservations and since I have always liked Hyatts I decided to put all my stays with this brand. Since then I have had many breakfasts at different hotels without a club, and I just charge it to the room and it is taken care of. I was surprised when this didn't happen. I am not upset, I am just still trying to figure out how the loyalty thing works, and was more looking for advice or information on how it works. If I had my kids with me and we had all 4 had breakfast then I would of been out a lot of money. What I have learned from reading everyones post is that I should ask for clarification from the front desk before breakfast, because it clearly varies from hotel to hotel. Thanks for your help!
Old May 14, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Why is "clarification" needed? Even the OP suggested it was very clear in the T&C.

While Im not thrilled with the changes here, they're spelled out in details on what IS and IS NOT covered.

================================================
When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion. (For stays at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Globalists will instead be provided with daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.) Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Resorts.
Here's the problem - while the T and C does spell it out, there are inconsistencies. Recently, I was at the Park Hyatt NY, and so the policy there is complimentary full breakfast as per WoH: "one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges, etc.

On their menu, there was a set that included an egg entree, juice, and coffee. But if I wanted waffles (which I did), I'd order that separately, along with a coffee and juice beverage. With the t&c, it would seem like this would be covered 100%. However, at checkout, I was told that you could only get the Park Breakfast (the set I mentioned above). If you wanted something else, you'd get an amount up to the value of the set. But, because I was breaking up the items, the total amount was higher.

So from the 'clear' t and c, that seems like a obvious contradiction.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yerffej201
So from the 'clear' t and c, that seems like a obvious contradiction.
Various properties handle the benefit differently. PH NYC has done it this way since they opened. It's basically a forty-something dollar per person credit.
They'll usually waive the overage if you complain.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
If I have 2 rooms, as a Globalist would both rooms get breakfast included? Thanks
Old May 16, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cityguy1
If I have 2 rooms, as a Globalist would both rooms get breakfast included? Thanks
Nope - not unless one is on all points and can be used under the "Guest of Honor" program.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:34 pm

Nope - not unless one is on all points and can be used under the "Guest of Honor" program.
Which is idiotic beyond words, and which is why all the properties I have ever been to where I paid for 2 rooms personally have extended it to both, except for one, the PH Tokyo. Never guaranteed since the terms are what they are, but hotels that refuse to extend it are ridiculous.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antonius66
Which is idiotic beyond words, and which is why all the properties I have ever been to where I paid for 2 rooms personally have extended it to both, except for one, the PH Tokyo. Never guaranteed since the terms are what they are, but hotels that refuse to extend it are ridiculous.
I look at it the other way - I'm guaranteed the benefit for two adults and two kids. Any hotels that *DO* extend it are amazing!
Old May 17, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I have an upcoming stay at GH Berlin, one room for 2 adults and another for our 2 kids. Hotel tells me the kids won't get lounge access or BF benefit as they are in a second room, so would have to book them as GoH. I am telling them that Globalist benefit is 2+2, and it's not really my fault they don't allow 2+2 in one room, so I actually have to pay for another room.
This hasn't been an issue in the past, but certainly is a disappointment. The T&C are not quite clear for this case. If they stick to their interpretation then that's gonna be another nail in the coffin of my loyalty.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Technically they are correct... and the T&C's are actually quite clear on this: "for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children". So unless your wife is also a Glob there is only one room the benefits are applicable for and your kids aren't registered in that room.

You could solve this by either making that second room a GOH booking, or simply go to the lounge and take your children with you.

This is one of those situations hotels tend to be more flexible when you are actually there instead of guaranteeing you additional benefits in advance.
But in the end it's all about the property awarding you with an additional €50-€100 per day in benefits that under WOH they don't have to.

Last edited by RTW1; May 17, 2017 at 5:55 am
Old May 17, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I read the T&C a few times and don't find them to be clear for this case. They do no state the children have to stay in the same room. It's also a bit disappointing since I am a regular at this hotel since many years. They had explicitly allowed this on previous pre-WoH stays...
Old May 17, 2017, 5:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RTW1
Technically they are correct... and the T&C's are quite clear on this.

You could solve this by either making that second room a GOH booking, or simply go to the lounge and take your children with you.

This is one of those situations hotels tend to be more flexible when you are actually there instead of guaranteeing you additional benefits in advance.
But in the end it's all about the property awarding you with an additional €50+ per day in benefits that under WOH they don't have to.
The GH Berlin is quite the stickler in various ways. Using the GOH benefit or upgrading the other room using points is the way to go, but the former applies to award bookings of sorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.