Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New "Brand Explorer" Check List on Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Brand Explorer" Check List on Website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 2:30 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Has anybody earned more than 2 awards? As per the FAQ section, 2 awards are the maximum, wondering if this has just not been updated since so many new brands were added....

Can I receive more than one 5-Brand Free Night Award?

Yes, you may receive more than one 5-Brand Free Night Award after staying at five unique Hyatt brands based on the total number of unique Hyatt brands. As of November 2018, the maximum earning of these awards is two based on the current number of unique Hyatt brands.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Has anybody earned more than 2 awards? As per the FAQ section, 2 awards are the maximum, wondering if this has just not been updated since so many new brands were added....
Once you are past 10, another free night at 15 is very clear on the Hyatt app. I am at 13 right now and it says "stay with 5 more brands to earn a third free night" but the next two will be harder to get (Ziva/Zilara, HRC, Alila, UrCove in descending order for ease for me).
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Once you are past 10, another free night at 15 is very clear on the Hyatt app. I am at 13 right now and it says "stay with 5 more brands to earn a third free night" but the next two will be harder to get (Ziva/Zilara, HRC, Alila, UrCove in descending order for ease for me).

You and I have similar tastes, I think. Try an Alila if you get opportunity. We've enjoyed all the ones we've stayed at.

I'll probably stay at a UR Cove just to get the free night certificate if normal travel doesn't get me to cross the next milestone w Unbound, Centric etc.

​​​​​​ I've only driven by UR Coves. Right now several are running discounts if you book after 6pm same day. I was going to use them if needed for a mattress run as some around $50 USD.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Would love to do Alila - now that there are a few in CA it's a lost more doable vs. having to go to SE Asia.

HRC doable w/some of the newer options in Colorado and elsewhere...I don't mind doing one of those, but I will also miss the full service hotel benefits on a vacation.

Doubt I will be in China again anytime soon, but I like the look of the UrCove aesthetic (AC-like) and would love to see that migrate to the US at some point (though I get it's a China-geared brand).
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
HRC doable w/some of the newer options in Colorado and elsewhere...I don't mind doing one of those, but I will also miss the full service hotel benefits on a vacation.
This one will be tough for me. Don’t like having to commit to the 14 day advance cancellation deadline that I typically see on these when doing a search.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
You and I have similar tastes, I think. Try an Alila if you get opportunity. We've enjoyed all the ones we've stayed at.

I'll probably stay at a UR Cove just to get the free night certificate if normal travel doesn't get me to cross the next milestone w Unbound, Centric etc.

​​​​​​ I've only driven by UR Coves. Right now several are running discounts if you book after 6pm same day. I was going to use them if needed for a mattress run as some around $50 USD.
Still only accepting Chinese nationals as far as I can tell.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cotton Candy Lobster
Still only accepting Chinese nationals as far as I can tell.
Some can accept foreign nationals now, not all. My concierge emailed me a list (since deleted). I just looked online and the warning is there for some but not all now
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Some can accept foreign nationals now, not all. My concierge emailed me a list (since deleted). I just looked online and the warning is there for some but not all now
Looks like the locations in Shanghai Jing'an and Lujiazui don't have the warning, nor the one in Chengdu. Shanghai Wujiaochang and Nanjing still do. I'm planning to be in Shanghai in mid to late March so long as the epidemic situation doesn't change. Guess I'll play guinea pig.
Old May 13, 2021, 4:56 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Still stuck with 10 brands and won‘t be that easy to get to 15 brands. I have no interest in Miraval, HRC or Urcove. Will get Zilara hopefully in June. Other open brands are Destination, JdV, Thompson, Alila.

Will be tough out of Europe.

Anybody got 15 or even all brands already?
Old May 13, 2021, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Feel like I may be one of the higher at 13...?

Don't do much Caribbean/Mexico so getting Ziva/Zilara hard. Alila at some point and maybe a HRC could get me there.

Caption will be nice & easy when that comes online.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:12 pm

I'm stuck at 10 until travel opens up or Thompson, Caption and Alila open in Shanghai, whichever comes first.

The only Alila left in China is Alila Wuzhen, and I've already spent two weeks in that place. Nothing left to see, and too expensive to justify staying for the Brand Explorer alone.
Old May 14, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I got my 15 - was actually fun pushing for some of the other properties to try something a bit different.

Still have Alila, Hyatt Residence Club, and UrCove.

I'm sure there are folks in the wings with all of them.
UA-NYC and 59Impala like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I think they should do something special for someone who stays at all brands. I have to say, I find brand explorer to be the most fun benefit of any loyalty program.
Old May 14, 2021, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm on 13. Probably won't get any closer to 15 until my next Shanghai trip and a few more Canopy hotels pop up.

It seems overkill to seek out an all-inclusive or a HRC just to get another 1-4 certificate.
59Impala likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Just picked up my 10th brand

My recent stay at Thompson San Antonio got my 10th brand added and a free night posted to my account.

My path to 15 gets a little more complicated since all the inexpensive brands are gone. The upside is I have a pile of points and the higher end hotels will be more enjoyable as a Globalist.

My remaining choices are:

Park Hyatt- Near me in Carlsbad
M/Raval- We enjoy AZ and TX so not out of reach
Ziva/Zilara- we travel to Los Cabos frequently
UR Cove - No chance of a China trip
Alila - Down the road in Encinitas and Napa or Big Sur aren’t that far away
UnBound - Easy since we like Scottsdale and the Miami location isn’t that far from the Tampa base. Nashville and Austin we enjoy also.
JDV- Not far away in Oceanside

So, collecting the next 5 as a Globalist sound kind of fun. Glad I did the cheap ones when I had little status.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.