Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New "Brand Explorer" Check List on Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Brand Explorer" Check List on Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by lululee
Sorry to trouble you all, but wanted to ask just to make sure... Staying the 5 brands in order to earn the free night can be any time starting from March 1, 2017 i.e. you don't need to stay 5 brands all within one year from March 1, 2017 to 2018, right? (We've got 4 brands now, but it doesn't look like we'll hit the 5th one until later next year, which is why I'm asking.) Thanks.
It's over the course of your LIFETIME, or at least the lifetime of your account.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JackE
It's over the course of your LIFETIME, or at least the lifetime of your account.
Thanks for the quick response. It's much better to ask you experts at FT than the WOH call center .....
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
I just got credited the 5 brand cat 1-4 free night award, email and website says expiration is in 1 year.

Does anybody now if this is an error or if Hyatt changed the terms for this award from 120 days to 1 year?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by lautaro
I just got credited the 5 brand cat 1-4 free night award, email and website says expiration is in 1 year.

Does anybody now if this is an error or if Hyatt changed the terms for this award from 120 days to 1 year?
This is neither a change nor an error. The cat 1-4 free night for 5 brands has a 1-year expiration. It is the cat 1-4 free night for 30 nights and the cat 1-7 free night for 60 nights that have a 120-day expiration.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
This is neither a change nor an error. The cat 1-4 free night for 5 brands has a 1-year expiration. It is the cat 1-4 free night for 30 nights and the cat 1-7 free night for 60 nights that have a 120-day expiration.
Thank you, didn’t know that.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I got the 5 brand one, but looks like I'll soon be at 9 brands. Is the 10 brand award the same terms, cat 4, one year expiration?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:34 am

Yes sadly. I still argue they should convert that into a real benefit. Annual benefit, 5 brands in one year, 1 cat 4 night, 10 brands in one year, a cat 7 night.
JackE likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Yes sadly. I still argue they should convert that into a real benefit. Annual benefit, 5 brands in one year, 1 cat 4 night, 10 brands in one year, a cat 7 night.
+1. Annual would be nice, but I'm also holding off on Brands 9/10 until they sweeten the pot. (which might never happen)

It's too expensive to do an Unbound or all-inclusive when the carrot is only Cat 1-4.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:54 pm

This is exactly my point...there should NEVER be a perverse disincentive to staying at a hotel. This is what the stupid system creates. Now, in my system, people would regularly stay at more hotels and go out of their way to "get that last brand or two" every year. A category 4 night every year costs them almost nothing, and honestly, how many people will hit 10 brands every single year? Almost zero, but if you DO, you should get rewarded, especially since they only have about 12 brands and like 3 of them only have 1-2 properties.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Just requalified as Elephant and received the free 1-7 Category night, which expires early April already. I won't be able to really use it till then, Does anyone have experience in using a free night to get credit towards the "brand explorer". does that work, or do "eligible rates" have to be paid as well.
Was thinking of just using it at PH ZRH to get the brand ticked off...

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Just requalified as Elephant and received the free 1-7 Category night, which expires early April already. I won't be able to really use it till then, Does anyone have experience in using a free night to get credit towards the "brand explorer". does that work, or do "eligible rates" have to be paid as well.
Was thinking of just using it at PH ZRH to get the brand ticked off...

Thanks
Free night does NOT count for brand explorer. I used my changeover 1-7 certificate at PH Milan and the PH brand didn't trigger for me.

That said, YMMV if you charge something to your room and earn a handful of points. But most likely it will not trigger as an eligible night --> brand.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Now that award stays count toward status...does the free night you get from Brand Explorer also count toward status?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Hyatt should remove this once-in-a-lifetime award from persistent and prominent display once you hit the max (OK, twice in a lifetime for 10 brands).

That alone would give me the incentive to finish it off.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jcresq
Now that award stays count toward status...does the free night you get from Brand Explorer also count toward status?
Im wondering this is as well, i have two brands left and a free night this weekend that will hopefully cross another one off the list. ill report back if theres still no answer here.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Got back from an all points stay from an unbound collection hotel and that brand is now marked off on my list. One more to go for my free night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.