Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New "Brand Explorer" Check List on Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Brand Explorer" Check List on Website

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Had a 10 day trip in July where I touched on 7 brands. Unfortunely they've all been checked off my list already.

CAA (Unbound)
Hyatt Centric Magnificent Mile Chicago (Centric)
Grand Hyatt Denver
HP Keystone
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Hyatt Regency Aurora
50 Bowery (Jvd)
That's an impressive range of areas/properties to hit in 10 days!

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Grab a nice fall weekend, do night 1 at the Wyndhurst on a cheap rate if possible (never the best redemption rate for 25K), and night 2 at Miraval (but check in and start your activities & on-property usage as early AM as possible to maximize the experience)
​​​​​​​Totally agree.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
So I’m staying at Hotel 50 Bowery in NYC for five nights in December. I’ll be one brand away from a free night by the end of the year (HR, HP, HH, and JDV). I’m wondering, could I just book a one night stay at the Hyatt Herald Square during my 50 Bowery stay to get the credit for the elusive “only” Hyatt brand (not Regency, Grand or Park)? I don’t see myself staying at another brand by the end of the year but I’d love to take a trip to the Confidante in Miami next spring.

I’m a little doubtful that I would receive the credit for the overlapping stay, BUT I did book a 3rd night free Prive promo at 50 Bowery and it seems that the free night does not qualify as an eligible elite night, so I’m wondering if I could make the dummy booking for the Hyatt on that free night.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by andy_dangg
I’m wondering, could I just book a one night stay at the Hyatt Herald Square during my 50 Bowery stay to get the credit for the elusive “only” Hyatt brand (not Regency, Grand or Park)?
Why do you want to spend $200+ or 20K points for a cat 1-4 cert?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
Why do you want to spend $200+ or 20K points for a cat 1-4 cert?
Confidante is cat 4, but is $569 for the dates I’m looking at (spring break season weekend).
Old Sep 26, 2021, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andy_dangg
Confidante is cat 4, but is $569 for the dates I’m looking at (spring break season weekend).
So spend 15k points at the Confidante...

You are very unlikely to receive credit for the overlapping stay.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by TommyboyCAN
I got my 15 - was actually fun pushing for some of the other properties to try something a bit different.

I'm sure there are folks in the wings with all of them.
Given the lack of responses in several months following your post, I suspect there are not many people at 18, if any. With no current incentive to get #16-17-18, it would be nice for Hyatt to offer some benefit, for example wipe the slate clean once you reach 15 and allow you to re-earn 5, 10, 15? It would probably not cost Hyatt a whole lot to do so given the very few who have reached 15. I doubt it will happen, just wishful thinking on my part. I think in reality Hyatt probably expects to acquire a couple of brands in the next few years making #20 attainable.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
Given the lack of responses in several months following your post, I suspect there are not many people at 18, if any. With no current incentive to get #16-17-18, it would be nice for Hyatt to offer some benefit, for example wipe the slate clean once you reach 15 and allow you to re-earn 5, 10, 15? It would probably not cost Hyatt a whole lot to do so given the very few who have reached 15. I doubt it will happen, just wishful thinking on my part. I think in reality Hyatt probably expects to acquire a couple of brands in the next few years making #20 attainable.
There are a bunch of brands arriving soon with the AMR acquisition.

But I would also love to see some innovation here. Gamify it a little bit. Every year for example you could get a Cat 1-4 by staying at 5 different brands, and a 1-7 for staying at 10 brands.
escape4 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
There are a bunch of brands arriving soon with the AMR acquisition.

But I would also love to see some innovation here. Gamify it a little bit. Every year for example you could get a Cat 1-4 by staying at 5 different brands, and a 1-7 for staying at 10 brands.
Confirmed that there will be seven new brands added as part of the ALG integration. Three brands join today, the other four in phases. Some of the ALG properties will post as Hyatt brand of they’re not aligned with the main ALG resort brands.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:11 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Confirmed that there will be seven new brands added as part of the ALG integration. Three brands join today, the other four in phases. Some of the ALG properties will post as Hyatt brand of they’re not aligned with the main ALG resort brands.
has anybody already stayed at one of these new brands? They still do not show up on the Brand Explorer site, so was wondering what would happen if someone already stayed.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
has anybody already stayed at one of these new brands? They still do not show up on the Brand Explorer site, so was wondering what would happen if someone already stayed.
The new brands have now been added on the web page. They’re not showing up in the iOS app yet.
59Impala and strickerj like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:12 pm

This "perk" remains pretty pathetic honestly. A one time cat 4 certificate for 5 brands is just not a real incentive. So once you hit 10 or 15, it's pretty much done (although now I guess you can get up to 25 technically?).

Really wish they either A) made it an annual benefit that reset and gave something like 5k points at 5 brands, 25k at 10, 50k at 15, etc every year or even B) one time 15k points at 5, 50 at 10, 75 at at 15, 100 at 20 etc. I'm at 12 and not counting the new brands, 15 is my realistic max because the chances of me staying at the other 3 brands are almost 0. But honestly, who cares... when i hit 15, I'll use the cert but it isn't moving my behavior at all, which creates a situation where instead of driving business, you're actually just giving away value for nothing in return, which is ironic. Every year I should always be looking at getting value at driving a stay to a Hyatt brand, even if cost is a factor because of that value. I should always be looking to go out of my way to more Hyatt brands, not just thinking, oh well whenever I get the next multiple of 5 that's cool.

Last edited by antonius66; May 9, 2022 at 3:20 pm
Old May 9, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by antonius66
This "perk" remains pretty pathetic honestly. A one time cat 4 certificate for 5 brands is just not a real incentive. So once you hit 10 or 15, it's pretty much done (although now I guess you can get up to 25 technically?).

Really wish they either A) made it an annual benefit that reset and gave something like 5k points at 5 brands, 25k at 10, 50k at 15, etc every year or even B) one time 15k points at 5, 50 at 10, 75 at at 15, 100 at 20 etc. I'm at 12 and not counting the new brands, 15 is my realistic max because the chances of me staying at the other 3 brands are almost 0. But honestly, who cares... when i hit 15, I'll use the cert but it isn't moving my behavior at all, which creates a situation where instead of driving business, you're actually just giving away value for nothing in return, which is ironic. Every year I should always be looking at getting value at driving a stay to a Hyatt brand, even if cost is a factor because of that value. I should always be looking to go out of my way to more Hyatt brands, not just thinking, oh well whenever I get the next multiple of 5 that's cool.
Better than the 25 points/brand badge that Marriott Rewards used to offer...

David
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I have stayed at Secrets and Zoetry previously...I'm just assuming that doesn't count as they weren't in the WOH family when I stayed there.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Inclusive collection now shows on the iOS app. Total of 25 total brands available now as previously mentioned.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:12 am

So after one has stayed at 5 different brands, what is the procedure for claiming the free night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.