Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatts for hiking

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 10:35 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It’s quite a hike to one’s room in some of the larger HR convention hotels. Or did you want to do it outside?
Old May 11, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
It’s quite a hike to one’s room in some of the larger HR convention hotels. Or did you want to do it outside?
Ha!

Speaking of which and seeing where you are at, I've done a hike from the HR in New Orleans to the convention center down by the river, and then had to hike down to the far end of the convention center. I'm not sure if it was a longer walk outside from the hotel to the east entrance of the convention center, or from one end of that convention center to the other end. Would definitely take the walk to a convention within the HR New Orleans over that!
Old May 11, 2021, 12:06 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It’s not too far in distance but it’s certainly a long way when it’s hot.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Hiking is everywhere, where to pick!!! I love the mountains of southwest Virginia, there are Hyatt Places in Roanoke and Christiansburg, hotels aren't fancy, but the area hiking is great. One of my favorite places, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McAfee_Knob
Old May 11, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by evergrn
I saw Beaver Creek and Vail mentioned above.
Where is the summertime hiking for those two places? Is it taking the lifts up and then hiking around the ski terrain, much like Whistler?
Looks like there is a trail right at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. Explore Allie's Way | AllTrails

Wonder how is that compared to Booth Falls in the summer (July). This one you will need to drive to though.
jameswes likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
The Hyatt Tamaya and hiking Sandia mountain, especially La Luz trail. 4000 feet of elevation gain with a nice restaurant at the top of the mountain and a tram to take down. .About 15 mile drive from hotel.
Old May 12, 2021, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by evergrn
I saw Beaver Creek and Vail mentioned above.
Where is the summertime hiking for those two places? Is it taking the lifts up and then hiking around the ski terrain, much like Whistler?
Tons of trails near Vail and BC. Get the Hiking Project app sponsored by REI. Tons of great trails north of I-70 in the Gore range.
Old May 13, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by coleslaw
The Lodge at Spruce Peak. I was hoping there'd be something around the White Mountains area in NH, but alas.
Note the lack of benefits. Not sure why the agent for the 2nd blurb decided to be a bit snarky. (Names removed)

Hyatt Concierge:
I am not showing any standard suites at this property, only premium. This property doesn't participate with using Suite Upgrade Awards. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Me: Do you know if they do globalist upgrades on arrival?
Hyatt Concierge:
Of course they will offer you an upgrade on arrival if one is available, however, it may not be a complimentary upgrade. Globalist benefits do not apply at Destination Residence Properties.
Old May 14, 2021, 6:57 pm

Found many of those mentioned above require a lot of points.. HP is my favorite, recently visited 2 HP in Tucson, AZ and did some great hiking in the Saguaro NP, nice experience but now should be very hot..
Plan to go to Moab UT and Sedona AZ sometime later this year
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:00 pm

Hyatt Place Las Vegas allows you to explore the hikes around Red Rock Canyon and, more interestingly, Valley of Fire State Park. In addition, Hyatt Place St. George in Utah is less than one hour away from Zion National Park. I thoroughly enjoyed both stays.
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by moyafmx
Hyatt Place Las Vegas allows you to explore the hikes around Red Rock Canyon and, more interestingly, Valley of Fire State Park. In addition, Hyatt Place St. George in Utah is less than one hour away from Zion National Park. I thoroughly enjoyed both stays.
The Hyatt Place in Las Vegas @ Silverton Village is very very nice. 👍🏻
jameswes, strickerj and moyafmx like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Here's an atypical location for you as it's pretty obvious there are tons of places out West or in the mountain areas.

My recommendation is Hyatt Regency Greenville, which is in South Carolina. From there, you have tons of hiking options within an hour as it's fairly close to the Appalachian trail. Also, it has one of the best rated city bike trails in the nation. It's easy to rent bikes and then bike along the paved trails along the river and crossing over multiple times using several small bridges.

The hotel is in downtown Greenville. Although it's a small city, it's beautiful with a very lively downtown area and an amazing riverwalk that actually has a waterfall with a pedestrian only bridge. Tons of great restaurants. All this is within a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. Oh! And my wife and I went to a dessert only restaurant called "Better than Sex" which is a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. Very unique and the desserts were amazing. It's a very unique experience.

And the best part? It's only 8,000 points for their standard rate. I've gotten a suite upgrade every time. Globalist breakfast is at a local restaurant where they have an amazing buffet that non-hotel guests pay for. Just including the breakfast fare and the covered city parking will nearly make up the value of 8,000 points!
Skink, strickerj and moyafmx like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Any of the Hyatts in Hong Kong, with the HR Shatin the closest to hiking trails.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.