Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I asked MHC two requests once he was assigned and received a prompt respond.

1. Asked to apply an expiring TSU to a regular points award one night and cat 1-7 award. He said that there was no availability for TSU and can't be used in conjunction with Free Night Awards. I thought I could at least use it for the one regular points night but didn't bother to push since we'd spend much time in the hotel. He said he asked for me to get an upgrade. Ended up with no upgrade (in fact, the worst room I've had thus far) despite Globalist suites available in the morning at the PHNY. The hotel, however, did notice I mentioned a birthday in my comments when I made the original booking and did a great job to recognize minus no upgrade.

2. Asked about Andaz Maui options on points since I've stayed 5+ times mostly on cash or a mix of cash and points and the minimum appeared to be 10 nights. I have an SPG Ambassador that is usually able to contact the hotel and come up with something reasonable. Didn't seem like MHC even bothered to contact the hotel and see about making an exception.

Overall, seems less impressive than SPG Ambassador, which tend to be advocates.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
havent stayed in months and was limped into fake diamond status by point stays for 2017.... yet yesterday I was assigned a concierge. Weird ways that Hyatt works.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
My Concierge is fantastic! I generally get a response to emails in an hour or less. He must have someone covering when he's away as I generally get a fast response from an alternate when I receive an out-of-office reply from him.

I can't remember the last time I needed to call Hyatt for anything. I'm a big fan of My Concierge!
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I too have a free night award booked at the PHNY and was told the same thing about a TSU. I asked she request a globalist same-day upgrade in the file.

Overall, I don't think some of these people are going to go out of their way for you beyond quoting the T&C.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AA CK, DL Diamond, AC SE100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Platinum
My experience was mixed on my first attempt to use the service. I reached out to my assigned concierge and just didn't get a response at all. After six days of silence I reached out to her backup (whose info was provided to me in the welcome email) and she responded immediately and took care of my request (which required a bit of back and forth by email) very promptly. Though if I had just called in to the general number I would probably have had the same result.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I think it really is luck of the draw. My concierge has been at Hyatt since 2002 and has been amazing being proactive in getting upgrades, applying TSUs etc.

Heres my latest positive experience: have a one night stay and booked a category 7 hotel. Currently only have enough points for the C&P, so I got my concierge to book it and apply a TSU. After my next few stays, I’ll have enough points to convert it to a free night award.

She is is being proactive in securing a suite now, and once I get to 30k points, she will convert to a free night award and ensure the suite upgrade is kept. Very happy!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:50 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hmm. I re-qualified for Glob Dec 31 and still haven't been assigned a concierge.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:54 am
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Feel free to Pm us and we'd be happy to help.

RS
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:41 am

Emailed my concierge for the first time in January 2018, its now mid-March 2018 and I have yet to receive a reply *mindblown*

Any fellow members know how I can request a switch? Appreciate it
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Yeah, my wife stayed over 80 paid nights last year with Hyatt alone (so in theory she would be flagged as a Globalist plus or something) and her concierge has literally been USELESS. She tried emailing a few times with simple requests and she's always failed. Always. This year she's going to easily re qualify for Globalist (I want to say she's at 20 stays already), but she's trying out SPG, Marriott and Hilton to see what she thinks because of this and the absolute failure of Hyatt to deliver on ANY of their promises. She's working with her company's travel dept to try to get a Westin to give a group rate so she can go to the office and stay there instead of the Hyatt she's at now. I'm Hilton Diamond (also probably 80 nights or so with Hilton) and what's funny is I get SO much better treatment. I feel like Hilton codes people using a separate rating beyond status (like AA does) and that's the reason they're treating me so exceptionally. Regardless, unlike her I'm happy with my hotel loyalty program.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:59 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
Yeah, my wife stayed over 80 paid nights last year with Hyatt alone (so in theory she would be flagged as a Globalist plus or something) and her concierge has literally been USELESS. She tried emailing a few times with simple requests and she's always failed. Always. This year she's going to easily re qualify for Globalist (I want to say she's at 20 stays already), but she's trying out SPG, Marriott and Hilton to see what she thinks because of this and the absolute failure of Hyatt to deliver on ANY of their promises.
After the Hyatt Concierge service actually kicks in, it's awesome. But it's awfully hard to get that engine started, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Starwood Platinum, OTOH, is easy and automatic. They respond to emails within minutes.

Hyatt definitely needs to invest just a tad more resources into their Concierge service, if they want to field a competitive offering.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
After the Hyatt Concierge service actually kicks in, it's awesome. But it's awfully hard to get that engine started, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Starwood Platinum, OTOH, is easy and automatic. They respond to emails within minutes.

Hyatt definitely needs to invest just a tad more resources into their Concierge service, if they want to field a competitive offering.
Hmmm...strange. My Concierge contacted me within 10 days of qualifying - without me doing anything.
And she has been very helpful (minimal requests) but she has gotten me some confirmed suite upgrades, and fixed a reservation where I booked the wrong dates...nothing overly complicated - but she has responded to my emails within 2 hours every time I have sent her a message.
I'm very pleased so far...I guess that shows the inconsistency of the service
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
My wife's contacted her within a few weeks of qualifying, but on every request to use a suite upgrade or any other request the answer is almost always "no" or "you should contact the property." Maybe I'm biased from Hilton, but I'm used to the managers proactively reaching out to me prior to every stay and texting me during the stay to make sure everything is going great. Seriously the twitter line is better for Hyatt than the concierge! And in terms of the rules, so we CAN'T use our suite upgrades for stays in November since they'll have expired because she "qualified" too soon yet we won't even have the chance to earn new ones until she hits 60 and by that time rooms probably won't be available since 4 of the 5 times we've asked rooms AREN'T available?!? REALLY?? You can't make an exception or FIX THAT! A concierge is SUPPOSED to be a fixer, someone who gets things done.

Even as I type this I get as disgusted with the Hyatt program as my wife currently is. Remind me again why she goes out of her way to stay with them?

Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
And in terms of the rules, so we CAN'T use our suite upgrades for stays in November since they'll have expired because she "qualified" too soon
This one is a real head scratcher. Many have been booking away from Hyatt to avoid qualifying for suite upgrades too early.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's been three months since I qualified Globalist and I have had no communication from WoH regarding any "Concierge".

For those who have a My Hyatt Concierge, supposedly the Hyatt website shows a different contact phone number, along with an email address. In other words, log in to "My Account", look just beneath your "Base Points YTD", and there's a link "Contact Us". Click that link and it's supposed to show your double-super-secret My Hyatt Concierge info.
...?
Thanks for that, it had been a head scratcher for me.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.