Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:52 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by stvr
Inspired by the above, I called to ask what the story is. (I qualified in early July.) They put me on hold and got a supervisor. I was informed by the supervisor that that benefit is exclusive to Lifetime Globalists, so basically: call them in 10 years.

I didn't push it further.
I was also told that (by phone) on a couple of occasions.

Recommendation: contact World of Hyatt Concierge, here on FT. They'll get 'er done.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
I received an email earlier this year assigning my 'Concierge' after staying 60 nights. (Was Diamond with 99 nights last year but never had the private line service). Quite honestly I was very unimpressed, and downright upset the one time I used it earlier this month.

I don't know what I expected, but with the term Concierge, I guess I expected a higher level of personalized service and assistance when there were issues beyond my control, i.e. flight cancelations, extending checkout a day when hotel is sold out, etc, but the very young-sounding man that helped me seemed like an inexperienced agent, and he wasn't at all personable. While I normally book online, I had no power or internet due to Hurricane Irma, and after two days decided to go to a local Hyatt until the power came back on, which ended up being nearly a week.
While calling from the darkness of my boarded-up house I couldn't locate my wallet initially and he wouldn't reserve a room for me without a credit card. I explained the situation, and I assumed he would have my credit card information on file as he had my address, Globalist number etc, and it's in my profile, but he said no they don't have access to that, and wouldn't even call the hotel locally and ask for a hold for an hour or so while I searched for my wallet in the dark. Furthermore when I called him back with my credit card, and said I wasn't sure how many days I would be (booking initially for four nights) and asking if there was a penalty for early checkout or a problem if I needed to extend my reservation, he said that's up to the hotel's policy, not offering to call them on my behalf or make a note in my reservation even as I was evacuating my home due to a hurricane.

While I know this was extending circumstances, that's why I called the Concierge. I was woefully unimpressed and finally asked him what the purpose of calling him vs the Globalist line was? His response was, you get thru quicker than the Globalist line! Really - that's all?

We are definitely pro-Hyatt people but I think this service (at least the agent I was assigned) is woefully unprepared with people skills or unique situations, which I fell like a Concierge is there to address.

If I'm overreacting to the mediocre and unsympathetic service I received on the one time I used the Concierge, perhaps it's not for me, and seems like a waste of a benefit. Quite honestly I've had much better service with regular agents; this Concierge was very distant and not at all personable. I would not use him again.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:38 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MCOGUY
... the very young-sounding man that helped me seemed like an inexperienced agent ...
The agents I usually get are not accurately described with the words "young-sounding" or "man". Shall we assume that you called during a very busy time, and all the regular agents were busy, so they rolled your call over to an available (yet inexperienced) agent?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
The agents I usually get are not accurately described with the words "young-sounding" or "man". Shall we assume that you called during a very busy time, and all the regular agents were busy, so they rolled your call over to an available (yet inexperienced) agent?
The person you quoted called the assigned "My Hyatt Concierge" agent that was identified in an email about the benefit.

I would request reassignment to a different My Hyatt Concierge. [This is what SPG Plat100s have been doing routinely who are unimpressed with their assigned Ambassadors.]
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The person you quoted called the assigned "My Hyatt Concierge" agent that was identified in an email about the benefit.

I would request reassignment to a different My Hyatt Concierge. [This is what SPG Plat100s have been doing routinely who are unimpressed with their assigned Ambassadors.]

Thank you, I will do that. I did call the agent that was assigned to me as I had stored it in my phone, and I verified he was my assigned Concierge. I wasn't trying to be difficult but it was a bit subpar first experience from what I would have expected.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: marriott lifetime titanitum elite, hyatt globalist, hilton diamond, southwest A-List companion pass
Great Experience!

10/12 - Got my Welcome to Another year of Globalist Status email
10/18 - Received my Welcome to My Hyatt Concierge email from the person I was assigned as my concierge.

Have used this service 3x's already and am impressed. My concierge was even able to sort out a complicated issue with some points I was due in my account. So far so good!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:36 am
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Smile My Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I got the email today inviting me to either keep my current private line agent or request that another agent be assigned to me.

ADDED: Less than thirty hours later, before I had a chance to respond and ask whether my current private line agent has the same capabilities as the "new" My Hyatt Concierge employees, I got an email from a My Hyatt Concierge person saying that he will be my My Hyatt Concierge. He also claims to have a backup person who can fill in and even access his email when my My Hyatt Concierge isn't available.
All Globalists who complete 60 Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar Year are eligible for a My Hyatt Concierge. A Concierge will contact an eligible member generally by email for introduction. If you have met this criteria and not received an email it can take some time to contact our guests also check spam and junk mail as occasionally the messages will go there. ^EG World of Hyatt Concierge
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got off with Hyatt. My rep told me, among other incorrect things, that the concierge benefit was only available with lifetime status.

Calling back to get someone better informed.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know who writes and edits these pages for Hyatt, but they really could use some revisions for clarity.

In any event, there are two separate pages for the member benefits for Globalist and Lifetime Globalist.

Globalist is here:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html

Liftetime Globalist is here:

The first rep I spoke with claims that this text, which appears on both pages, only applies to Lifetime Globalists:

Access to My Hyatt Concierge agent for reservations and personalized service3
The "3" in there is a footnote which says (again, on both pages):

Lifetime Globalists receive this benefit without the need to satisfy the qualifying night or Base Point earning requirements.
That implies that the rest of us DO need to meet the 60 nights or 100,000 base points level to get the Concierge. Many posts here show that people with 70 nights aren't getting the Concierge.

After reading that, the second rep I spoke to basically said, "right. see. you need to be lifetime."

So why does it appear on the non-lifetime Globalist page?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't know who writes and edits these pages for Hyatt, but they really could use some revisions for clarity.

In any event, there are two separate pages for the member benefits for Globalist and Lifetime Globalist.

Globalist is here:

Liftetime Globalist is here:

The first rep I spoke with claims that this text, which appears on both pages, only applies to Lifetime Globalists:

The "3" in there is a footnote which says (again, on both pages):

That implies that the rest of us DO need to meet the 60 nights or 100,000 base points level to get the Concierge. Many posts here show that people with 70 nights aren't getting the Concierge.

After reading that, the second rep I spoke to basically said, "right. see. you need to be lifetime."

So why does it appear on the non-lifetime Globalist page?
I'm not lifetime and I got an email from a concierge saying they were assigned to me soon after I hit 60 nights this year. First time ever. I've not responded or communicated with them. I'm not sure what use the benefit really is.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SF1K
I'm not lifetime and I got an email from a concierge saying they were assigned to me soon after I hit 60 nights this year. First time ever. I've not responded or communicated with them. I'm not sure what use the benefit really is.
If you get someone at Hyatt who can just give you correct info on the phone, I'd count that as a HUGE benefit.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SF1K
Same here. I got the email a few weeks after hitting 60 nights notifying me of my concierge. Still now sure quite how to use it.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Same here. I got the email a few weeks after hitting 60 nights notifying me of my concierge. Still now sure quite how to use it.
I was contacted directly by my concierge a couple weeks after hitting 60 nights. She's already helped me move a reservations, use a TSU, and snag an adjoining room so that it would be a two bedroom suite.

I don't know that I'll need the help all that often, but so far it has been nice.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It's be nice if the new SPG blood made them on par with the SPG ambassadors.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK. Officially been a Globalist through Feb. 2019 for more than two weeks now (and I had to FIGHT to get that last stay credited to cross over; took three phone calls).

Called three times for my concierge info also. Now, they don't deny that I deserve one. They just can't figure out how to make that happen. But I did get to wait on hold for 25 min during the second call to be told they had no answer and no supervisor.

Third phone call, I finally just started to do my chores with the regular agent, who then told me she had to call a hotel and I might get disconnected (really? never had that before). She confirmed my call back number 'just in case.' Seconds later, disconnected.

Still waiting for that call back.

With Hyatt, you have to FIGHT!

I'm pretty sick of this. SPG: if you're reading, please just make me a good offer to come back! I spend a lot on hotels. Please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.