Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:32 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Thanks for posting. Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I wonder what factors distinguish between someone who gets a My Hyatt Concierge, and someone who doesn't?

• Nights per year? Probably not a factor ... I'm over 100
  • High-dollar stays? Could be a factor. I stay as cheaply as possible. If four hotels are in the same vicinity, you'll find me in the cheapest one.
  • Total dollar spend? Ditto. If I end end year at the Globalists with the lowest per-night average in the world, I'm happy.
  • Book your own travel? I book all my own. Haven't used a travel agent in decades.
  • Pay full rack rate? I never do.
  • Book several rooms at a time, i.e. a whole gang of people staying in the same hotel? I usually book just one.
Originally Posted by rionnaire
I actually was enrolled into "My Hyatt Concierge" in June with this email:

"Welcome to My Hyatt Concierge, a benefit of your World of Hyatt
membership..."

I was given an email address and phone number to contact regarding:

"I'm here to help make your travel planning easier by booking and
customizing your Hyatt stays and keeping informed about our latest
promotions."

I'm not sure how many nights I'd had at the time, but probably over 80. I've never had a private line rep before.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:05 pm

Hi CloudCoder, good to be here.

I do probably stay over 100 nights per year, not expensive since I have a low daily cap per company policy. 90 nights at under 90k base points so far this year. I book all my own travel at the online Hyatt rate, usually the member rate but no specific discount code. I only book a room for myself. Pretty unremarkable business traveller I'd say.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:49 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
hmmm.. I guess it'll be interesting to see what happens on 28 Feb 18.
T&C simply states that as a Globalist you get the Concierge, no further requirements....

although I must say that I book all my travel myself... the only use of a Concierge for me could be that he/she would take care of appliying TSU's, maybe liaising with the hotel GM to honor the TSU even if availability is 0, maybe for existing reservations to check with hotel 2-3 days prior to check-in for advanced upgrades, etc.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:05 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I seriously wonder if this is related to the email preferences??

Do you remember that free night you get after staying at 50, then 75, then 100 distinct properties? If your account was set up for "no marketing emails", then you never got the free night. So, whenever you approached a threshhold (i.e. you're at 48 properties, or 73), you needed to go in to your account and allow all the Hyatt spam. After you get the award, you go back to your account and turn off the spam.

Is it even remotely possible that this Hyatt Concierge thing is only sent out to people who allow marketing emails from Hyatt in their profile? Just askin'.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 9, 2017 at 6:52 am
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:36 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I seriously wonder if this is related to the email preferences??

Do you remember that free night you get after staying at 50, then 75, then 100 distinct properties? If your account was set up for "no marketing emails", then you never got the free night. So, whenever you approached a threshhold (i.e. you're at 48 properties, or 73), you needed to go in to your account and allow all the Hyatt spam. After you get the award, you go back to your account and turn off the spam.

Is it even remotely possible that this Hyatt Concierge thing is only sent out to people who allow marketing emails from Hyatt in their profile? Just askin'.
My Hyatt Concierge actually changed this year to now be a benefit you can earn with World of Hyatt. This page has the full details, but once you hit 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 base points in a calendar year you'll get assigned a My Hyatt Concierge(Lifetime Globalists automatically get one without having to reach the base points or qualifying night requirements).

Once you reach either the qualifying night or base point requirements you should hear from your My Hyatt Concierge in about 10 days. If you(CloudCoder) or anyone else here hasn't heard from their My Hyatt Concierge after the 10 days please send us a PM with your World of Hyatt number and account information and we'll look into it!

You not hearing from your My Hyatt Concierge shouldn't be related to email preferences, though we do send our welcome emails to the email address you have on file in your account. If anyone else has a similar situation let us know, but I think it might just be a coincidence.

Hope this clears things up! You're always welcome to private message us with any questions.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
... once you hit 60 qualifying nights ... you'll get assigned a My Hyatt Concierge
This is fantastic news. It means I was assigned a My Hyatt Concierge more than 4 months ago. I'd better hurry up and use the newly-assigned service, before all of my hard-earned Globalist Award Nights expire. Oops, too late.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
This is fantastic news. It means I was assigned a My Hyatt Concierge more than 4 months ago. I'd better hurry up and use the newly-assigned service, before all of my hard-earned Globalist Award Nights expire. Oops, too late.
Assuming that your screen name is indicative of your skill set, I believe that you should offer your services to Hyatt's IT department. Perhaps they would give you a lucrative contract to get everything fixed.

Seriously though, there is something very wrong with Hyatt's Globalist CS.
I have yet to hear a response from them to a serious issue that I requested help with over 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by zombietooth; Aug 9, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Assuming that your screen name is indicative of your skill set, I believe that you should offer your services to Hyatt's IT department. Perhaps they would give you a lucrative contract to get everything fixed.
We have talked. I think that perhaps Hyatt websites need to get even worse before they'll bring in the hired guns to fix it.
Seriously though, there is something very wrong with Hyatt's Globalist CS. I have yet to hear a response from them to a serious issue that I requested help with over 2 weeks ago.
IME, a private message to "World of Hyatt Concierge", here on Flyertalk, provides a rapid and effective response.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 10, 2017 at 1:18 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
To close off my experience - I did eventually get assigned a concierge some 2 weeks after PM'ing the 'World of Hyatt Concierge' on this forum.

Was reached out to via email with an address and a phone number and has been fairly helpful in organising a few requests I had for a recent stay.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Why has the implementation of this feature been such a garbage fire? This should have been the easiest thing to do — have real life people who encourage Globalists to SPEND MORE MONEY. I made Globalist 6 weeks ago and not a peep from them about this benefit
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:58 am

I agree. I re-qualified (60 nights) in early April. I've contacted Hyatt at least 8 times about this topic. Previous contacts resulted in a range of responses from "you already have it" to "only courtesy card members qualify" to "we never heard of it". The most recent contact (yesterday) is more promising: they have heard of it and I do qualify and I should have received it already and they're sorry it slipped through the cracks and they'll immediately fix the issue ... and I should hear from someone within about two weeks.

In the Hyatt Terms and Conditions, it says you can log in to your account and it will tell you the super-double-secret contact phone number. Well, either the super-secret phone number is the same as the regular number ... or ... this feature doesn't work yet.

I fully agree with stvr. Receiving this earned benefit is far more difficult than it should be, and probably far more difficult than it's worth.
Originally Posted by stvr
Why has the implementation of this feature been such a garbage fire? This should have been the easiest thing to do — have real life people who encourage Globalists to SPEND MORE MONEY. I made Globalist 6 weeks ago and not a peep from them about this benefit

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 10, 2017 at 6:15 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zombietooth

Seriously though, there is something very wrong with Hyatt's Globalist CS.
I have yet to hear a response from them to a serious issue that I requested help with over 2 weeks ago.
DM on Twitter or PM here always gets a prompt reply for me.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I agree. I re-qualified (60 nights) in early April. I've contacted Hyatt at least 8 times about this topic. Previous contacts resulted in a range of responses from "you already have it" to "only courtesy card members qualify" to "we never heard of it". The most recent contact (yesterday) is more promising: they have heard of it and I do qualify and I should have received it already and they're sorry it slipped through the cracks and they'll immediately fix the issue ... and I should hear from someone within about two weeks.

In the Hyatt Terms and Conditions, it says you can log in to your account and it will tell you the super-double-secret contact phone number. Well, either the super-secret phone number is the same as the regular number ... or ... this feature doesn't work yet.

I fully agree with stvr. Receiving this earned benefit is far more difficult than it should be, and probably far more difficult than it's worth.
I wonder whether calling the general phone number you see will result in the call being transferred to MHC when it recognizes your account number or phone number. Similarly, if you call the number on the back of the WOH elite card, will there be an automatic transfer?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:29 pm

The phone phnumber shown online in my account is the globalist number. The WoH terms say that the My Hyatt Concierge services comes with a separate special phone number plus an email address for which to contact your Concierge.

Still, you may be right. I have had really excellent service lately, far above and beyond the level of past years. Perhaps I already have Concierge Service and I just don't recognize it. Still, I've contacted Hyatt about this issue, at least 8 times, and I can never get a definitive reply. Currently, I'm in "Your Issue Will Be Resolved Immediately, in just two weeks from now" mode.

Do you have a My Hyatt Concierge?
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether calling the general phone number you see will result in the call being transferred to MHC when it recognizes your account number or phone number. Similarly, if you call the number on the back of the WOH elite card, will there be an automatic transfer?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The phone phnumber shown online in my account is the globalist number. The WoH terms say that the My Hyatt Concierge services comes with a separate special phone number plus an email address for which to contact your Concierge.

Still, you may be right. I have had really excellent service lately, far above and beyond the level of past years. Perhaps I already have Concierge Service and I just don't recognize it. Still, I've contacted Hyatt about this issue, at least 8 times, and I can never get a definitive reply. Currently, I'm in "Your Issue Will Be Resolved Immediately, in just two weeks from now" mode.

Do you have a My Hyatt Concierge?
Yes, from the beginning, but I've had a private line agent (who was truly wonderful) for some years too. I'm still not at all convinced that my MHC is better, especially given that the one assigned to me first quit within a few months. The PLAs I had were Omaha based, doing a combination of call center and work from home long hours; both were on a special escalation team. My current WOH MHC person works from home exclusively and is located far from Omaha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.