Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by smilee
I think the concierge really doesn't do too much - but they can be a simple way to make an email request such as apply a suite upgrade certificate via email. If its available, they make it, if its not they don't - and you don't have to waste 10 minutes on the phone and can do it 24/7.
You can see if a suite upgrade is available when checking the website so I'd always invest the 30 seconds before calling in. The regular hotline works just fine, Concierge is useless.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
My concierge (and her backups on her days off) is great. She's handled all of my big TSUs, swung connecting rooms or two-bedroom suites when needed, found a better set of dates at lower rates for a vacation, and provided compensation points for relatively minor inconveniences. The ability to send an email or text rather than making a phone call is valuable to me as well.

I'm don't have crazy complicated travel, but I don't think I've requested anything that she couldn't find a way to pull together.

MyConcierge may not be the most valuable Globalist benefit, but I still find it very useful.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
You can see if a suite upgrade is available when checking the website so I'd always invest the 30 seconds before calling in. The regular hotline works just fine, Concierge is useless.
If you prefer calling, then call...

I happen to prefer firing off an email to my concierge and not waste my time explaining who I am to a phone agent.
Old May 18, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Got my concierge earlier this year and have been pleasantly surprised with her and others (if she's not available by phone, I'll talk to someone else). They make it clear that they aren't able to bend rules or get you special treatment (like using a TSU when there is no standard suite availability). Instead, they just take care of things when you ask them. When I want to add my wife to a reservation, apply a TSU, let the hotel know it's our anniversary or whatever, it's great to be able to call or send an email over to my concierge and she just takes care of it quickly (sometimes within minutes) and then it's done. Just yesterday, I called her with a question and she said she'd have to check with the property, but that she'd get back to me today. Sure enough, a follow up email was waiting for me this morning.

For me, I call on her mostly for the little stuff. For bigger things like trying to get upgraded into a premium suite in advance of a stay, I'll communicate directly with the property. Overall, having a concierge is not life changing, but it's still a nice extra perk.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I mentioned this in the other thread: I asked my concierge to coordinate a paid upgrade. She said it wasn't possible. Twitter team said to call a specific person closer to the stay date, so I asked her to do this specifically- she said she did and it was not possible to do a paid upgrade. I called myself and spoke to the specific person mentioned by the Twitter team and had zero problems processing a paid upgrade. There was no hesitation, so i really wonder if the concierge even called. I'm going to request someone else.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:23 pm

My one experience: needed to pull in my three-night reservation by one day (checking in one day earlier, still for three nights), but my corporate code was no longer available for the new dates. There wasn't any difference in the standard rates between the old and new dates. Emailed my concierge to see if there was anything he could do, he said no. Emailed my concierge again to ask if he would reach out to the hotel and see if they would honor the original rate on the new dates, he said no (no they wouldn't and no he wouldn't). Then I emailed the hotel myself, and they were happy to make the change, extending the original rate on the new dates. The concierge did nothing but waste my time.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
My wife's concierge is useless to. Like it's literally so bad that she's had over 80 nights (paid) last year and she wants to dump Hyatt. I have Platinum Premier (Marriott / SPG) and Hilton Diamond so not loving the redundancy and would love to keep the flexibility of her being globalist, but she is MISERABLE. If this Michelle is actually decent is there any way to fire her current concierge and get Michelle or someone at least halfway decent. It's sad when a "benefit" is literally so awful that it's making a relatively HIGH stay elite want to abandon ship (the other big issue is she can't use her suite upgrades like pretty much at all and naturally CAN'T use them for two stays in Nov cause they expire in like Aug. Of course she should reup to Globalist in a month or so and thus might be able to use them... but probably not).
Just ask for a new Concierge.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
By that logic, as a top tier Hilton and Marriott elite I get breakfast / lounge access (well, for Marriott the exclusions up until now were fatal flaws for me but now that's fixed) and I get MORE suite upgrades at the desk than she does. We've tried a MILLION times to get the TSU's to clear and have only landed ONE of them. That's ridiculous. Most are going to waste. So, as you can see, beyond having top tier access at three chains, we have VERY little incentive to "stay" and she's somewhat bitter she has to be the one to take one for the team and stay 60 nights at Hyatt (I want to say she's at 45 right now).

Originally Posted by smilee
You are saying that because of the lack of a good concierge service, you wife wan't to drop the program???

The concierge is probably the least beneficial part of being a globalist. The lounge access/free breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children per room and the suite upgrade certificates are probably the biggest benefits, and if those were not being honored, then maybe I would be swayed to abandon ship as you say.

I think the concierge really doesn't do too much - but they can be a simple way to make an email request such as apply a suite upgrade certificate via email. If its available, they make it, if its not they don't - and you don't have to waste 10 minutes on the phone and can do it 24/7.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SP03
I still don't really understand what you can ask of the Hyatt concierge that you can't ask of the Twitter concierge, esp if you don't ask for anything out of the hyatt rules
Interesting, I have Michelle as well. Perhaps there are multiple Michelle's out there (likely) but wonder how many of us they juggle. She has been efficient, yet as you mention above stays to the rules, which 9/10 is fine. Sometimes common sense should win but then again common sense isn't that common....
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Continuing to believe its luck of the draw, my experience with my concierge has been nothing less than amazing.

I was booking a one night hotel stay using a free night certificate, but the only certificate availability was two double beds or accessible room, while points option had a king bed. Emailed my concierge who spoke with the hotel who upgraded me to a premium suite (outside the TSU bonus pool) instead of a standard king bed. Had an email response within hours of the initial request.

I'm booked on a 4 night award stay in Europe this fall and there's been no TSU availability for my reservation, which was booked in January. Emailed concierge who spoke to hotel and pre-upgraded me to their best non suite room (a rare balcony room) with a promise that i'm on a waiting list for the next available suite, should one open up.

Between that and lightning fast responses to TSU requests, I'm very happy with this service ^
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:07 am

I have been a diamond/globalist for many years but till date i did not have any concierge or direct private number to call.
Can anyone advise how do i get this concierge?
p.s i have requalified for globalist for 2019 since last month... so yeah i stay pretty much in hyatt
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by FattyJWPlatWOHGlob
I have been a diamond/globalist for many years but till date i did not have any concierge or direct private number to call.
Can anyone advise how do i get this concierge?
p.s i have requalified for globalist for 2019 since last month... so yeah i stay pretty much in hyatt
If you earned Globalist through 55/60 nights or 100,000 base points you would be entitled to the My Hyatt Concierge benefit, and a Concierge should contact you within a few weeks of earning the status. It is not available to anyone that has earned Globalist free or through a reduced night qualifying promotion.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Cityguy1
If you earned Globalist through 55/60 nights or 100,000 base points you would be entitled to the My Hyatt Concierge benefit, and a Concierge should contact you within a few weeks of earning the status. It is not available to anyone that has earned Globalist free or through a reduced night qualifying promotion.
i have got my globalist status through all paid stays/nights which is definitely over 60nights per year. till date i have already chalked up 72 nights which i have requalified for globalist through 2019. the strange thing i am living in Asia and nobody from concierge contacted me.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:31 am

anyone from asia whom has this concierge?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FattyJWPlatWOHGlob
i have got my globalist status through all paid stays/nights which is definitely over 60nights per year. till date i have already chalked up 72 nights which i have requalified for globalist through 2019. the strange thing i am living in Asia and nobody from concierge contacted me.
Fatty, you should contact Hyatt about this. I don't see why you living in Asia would be an issue. All of my interactions with concierge contact are over email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.