Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Madrid REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Madrid REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Yeah I mean the week I looked at in early February has the prepaid AP rate higher than every single hotel I looked at in Madrid except the former PH, now the Villa Magna. The regular daily rate is almost as high as the Villa Magna. That is beyond insane.

Last edited by antonius66; Dec 23, 2017 at 11:56 am
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: spg Gold for life / Ba gold / LX Sen / Hyatt Globalist
slstayed there ;)

Stayed 1 night and was the first globalist to stay so royal treatment and very nice upgrade and treats.

Restaurant is really amazing and a must try

Location perfect thick windows so no noise

Great staff

Well worth it .... but agree that the 240 are a bit too much
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by gillestarek
Stayed 1 night and was the first globalist to stay so royal treatment and very nice upgrade and treats.

Restaurant is really amazing and a must try

Location perfect thick windows so no noise

Great staff

Well worth it .... but agree that the 240 are a bit too much
Probably staying here in March (also a Glob) - I assume there is no lounge, right? I don't think I've ever stayed at a "Centric" before - so not sure of what they have to offer.
If no lounge - did they give any drinks, or other evening/happy hour offerings?

How's the breakfast offerings for Globs?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Just did 6 nights here. Hotel was near empty (I would estimate under 10%). Was upgraded to an executive suite. Had a request for a twin room, and they told me at check in that they were going to give me a suite but since I had a twin requested, they did not have any dual bed suites. I asked if there was anything that had or could have a pull out or couch bed, and they looked and offered an executive suite with a murphy bed. The suite was nice, and was a healthy 600+ sq ft. It had a large bay window overlooking the Gran Via (which sadly these days is just African street peddlers hawking counterfeit or stolen trash and homeless people), 2 bathrooms and a nice living area with the murphy bed. The furniture throughout the hotel and the suite is pretty cheap and it shows. It will not hold up, and will need to be replaced pretty fast. We had some minor issues with stuff like our phone would not dial out for local calls despite dialing 9 as stated, the weather stripping on the door started peeling off and they did not fix it for 3 days, some issues with the room safe, etc. Overall, the staff were all very friendly and great. The breakfast was in the restaurant and it was solid, if not great. A non rotating mix of some meats and cheeses, with bacon/eggs/beans type stuff, a little bread, a few pastries and a couple of artisan yogurts (which were going for 2.5 euro each at Mercado de San Miguel). Great location and if they continue to drink some "Wake the **** up juice" over there in regards to the price, I would definitely make it my standard hotel. I paid 180 euro advance purchase, which I felt was still a touch high, but since I was booked at the IC for a similar price, I went with it. I noticed this upcoming week, I had looked at a stay, and it was originally 240+ euro AP, then went to 180 euro AP, and then they even added a non AP 199 euro, so clearly someone is quickly getting the idea. Hopefully they continue down that road.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Just did 6 nights here. Hotel was near empty (I would estimate under 10%). Was upgraded to an executive suite. Had a request for a twin room, and they told me at check in that they were going to give me a suite but since I had a twin requested, they did not have any dual bed suites. I asked if there was anything that had or could have a pull out or couch bed, and they looked and offered an executive suite with a murphy bed. The suite was nice, and was a healthy 600+ sq ft. It had a large bay window overlooking the Gran Via (which sadly these days is just African street peddlers hawking counterfeit or stolen trash and homeless people), 2 bathrooms and a nice living area with the murphy bed. The furniture throughout the hotel and the suite is pretty cheap and it shows. It will not hold up, and will need to be replaced pretty fast. We had some minor issues with stuff like our phone would not dial out for local calls despite dialing 9 as stated, the weather stripping on the door started peeling off and they did not fix it for 3 days, some issues with the room safe, etc. Overall, the staff were all very friendly and great. The breakfast was in the restaurant and it was solid, if not great. A non rotating mix of some meats and cheeses, with bacon/eggs/beans type stuff, a little bread, a few pastries and a couple of artisan yogurts (which were going for 2.5 euro each at Mercado de San Miguel). Great location and if they continue to drink some "Wake the **** up juice" over there in regards to the price, I would definitely make it my standard hotel. I paid 180 euro advance purchase, which I felt was still a touch high, but since I was booked at the IC for a similar price, I went with it. I noticed this upcoming week, I had looked at a stay, and it was originally 240+ euro AP, then went to 180 euro AP, and then they even added a non AP 199 euro, so clearly someone is quickly getting the idea. Hopefully they continue down that road.
Thanks for the review. Hopefully the prices continue to trend downward. I am currently slated to stay there for 3 nights in June on an all points rate as the current asking rate for my dates is 350+euro/night.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

350 euro (425 USD or so) is absolutely beyond insane for this property. Anyone who pays that should be taken out and put up against a wall with a cigarette because it would be a crime. This property is solidly a category 4, not a 5, and the prices should be mid 100s to max of mid 200s in peak season.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antonius66
350 euro (425 USD or so) is absolutely beyond insane for this property. Anyone who pays that should be taken out and put up against a wall with a cigarette because it would be a crime. This property is solidly a category 4, not a 5, and the prices should be mid 100s to max of mid 200s in peak season.
That's probably why it was 10% full.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Just booked 8 nights $180Euro AP for kid's spring break trip. AP rate is average compared to other similar properties and concern of Centric quality is a bit offset by its freshness. Plus, 4 of 5 brand for one-time brand cat 4 award and rarely have chance to stay at any Centric. Waiting for more review and pics
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: spg Gold for life / Ba gold / LX Sen / Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rwm818
Probably staying here in March (also a Glob) - I assume there is no lounge, right? I don't think I've ever stayed at a "Centric" before - so not sure of what they have to offer.
If no lounge - did they give any drinks, or other evening/happy hour offerings?

How's the breakfast offerings for Globs?
hey - breakfast in restaurant- room service no they don't include it. tried but no. no lounge, no drinks, no happy hours. although i had a bottle of sparking (average) spanish wine in the room and they offered me the minibar charge. I guess this was due to the "first Globalist" thing more than normal. Anyway in Spain get out of the hotel for drinks, cheap and fun and good.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Breakfast 7-11 weekdays, 7:30-1130 weekends. Nice breakfast spread, with eggs/etc. available to order. Give room# as globalist and no bill to sign. Restaurant also top notch and service very attentive/high quality. Will try to post some pictures in a few days once off road.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:20 am

staircase detail

elevator areas
Long weekend stay on "opening offer" pricing; used a suite upgrade certificate and received a junior suite. Very impressed with staffing at the hotel. Energetic, young, seeking to please. Have no long term knowledge of competitive pricing for the market, but the opening offer seemed in line with what I was seeing at other properties. The hotel is very centrally located on Gran Via and most tourist sites are a short stroll away, as are several metro lines. Modern decor with deco touches, as one can see from the detail on the central staircase (runs from basement to roof) and around the elevator areas.

The room overlooked the Gran Via and featured a large sitting area. There was no "desk" per se, but a work area on a shelf along the inside wall. The bathroom was large, shower only (no tub).

Room with desk shelf on left

Room2

bathoom

Gym/Fitness area was in basement (level -1). Found it large and well equipped for a property of this type

gym1

gym2

There are several eating/drinking areas in the hotel.
- A bar in the lobby area
- A breakfast area on level 1
- A bar area on level 1
- and A restaurant on level 1.

Sampled all of these these areas and was very satisfied with value, quality and service. Would recommend this property and return again. Thanks for putting up with my amateur photo snaps.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:21 pm

Thanks for the photos @notthatdeadyet ! For the junior suite, is the sitting area in the same room as the bed? Or is there a partition of some sort to separate the two? Is it easy to get to/from the airport? Looking to book a stay here, but rates are 250 euros per night for my dates. Seems expensive.

Would you say using a TSU here is worth it? I wonder how long the regular looks if the junior suite looks like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Just checked in yesterday - Glob on TSU for 5 nights. To answer a few q's posted:

1. Definitely no club lounge...Oops, nevermind, I thought someone had posted that there was a club lounge on the top floor. I must have mixed this thread with another (maybe Montevideo, where I am also staying soon)
2. Breakfast in restaurant...nothing different for Glob. Standard breakfast...decent not exceptional.
3. Jr. Suite has no separate divider...nice large room, large bath (but no tub)...but no divided area.

I'll post more as go thru my stay.
cruisingmickey likes this.

Last edited by rwm818; Apr 4, 2018 at 11:04 am
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:58 pm

Thanks for the review @rwm818 ! I have a stay booked here for the Fall. AP rates are 225 euros now. Still seems a bit expensive, but no choice.

I applied a TSU here. Is it worth applying? I'm unsure if I want to use the TSU for something else (there for 3 nights) or use it here. That's unfortunate there is no divider to separate the sleeping area. How was the terrace? Can you outside? Are there chairs?

How's the area around the hotel? Is it easy to get from the airport? Sorry so many questions, but thanks in advance =) Have a wonderful trip!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I applied a TSU here. Is it worth applying? I'm unsure if I want to use the TSU for something else (there for 3 nights) or use it here. That's unfortunate there is no divider to separate the sleeping area. How was the terrace? Can you outside? Are there chairs?

How's the area around the hotel? Is it easy to get from the airport? Sorry so many questions, but thanks in advance =) Have a wonderful trip!
Received the suite w/o divider by using suite upgrade certificate. Probably wouldn't use one in future, but had one which was about to expire. Did appreciate the location of the room in the hotel, however. Room at the front with plenty of windows.

Hotel located in central shopping area, but with excellent access to metro and within walking distance of major tourist sites. Had luggage so took taxi in from airport. As for the terrace, that was closed as it was February and snowing; don't know what the utilization would be in better weather. The top floor did appear to be marketed towards "events" either corporate or weddings, etc. so that might influence access?
cruisingmickey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.