Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Chantilly, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (no longer Hyatt 30Sep22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Chantilly, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (no longer Hyatt 30Sep22)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by llb09
Regarding the Suite and Globalist upgrade, I've always been upgraded to at least a Regency Suite on each of my stay. The highest upgrade I got was to the Chantilly Suite during Summer 2021. All suites are quite nice and all have a different layout, because they are all located in the "old" buildings, whereas most of the standard rooms are in the modern wing, farther away from the spa and Front Desk.

Also note that the hotel used to set up a Regency Club in the middle of the Lobby before Covid, but I think they stopped this with the pandemic. However I always get either a bottle of red wine or champagne in my room upon arrival.

The hotel often gets busy on Saturday nights but is very quiet other nights. Occupancy has been quite limited since the beginning of the pandemic.

Last thing regarding the spa, last time I went there (a few months ago), you had to book a one hour time slot. They had saved a few time slots automatically for Globalists, but you should maybe email then to check what's the current procedure, especially if you are staying on a Weekend.
All very good to know. Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I stayed here last weekend.

Got upgraded to a Premium Suite. Early checkin and late checkout granted in advance. Champagne bottle in room + a free bar voucher for 2 glasses of Champagne at the bar (seemed too much for one person for a one night stay).

Breakfast on Sunday morning ended at 10 AM (!), because the hotel offered a brunch for a few starting 11.30 … Breakfast quality had severely deteriorated. No hot options from the kitchen (no eggs, no pancakes, waffles, nothing). Industrial pancakes and crepes on buffet of low quality. The spread was better in the past. Absolutely no service at breakfast. I didn’t even get cutleries from the staff.

Overall my stay was not bad but the breakfast was a hassle.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by llb09
I stayed here last weekend.

Got upgraded to a Premium Suite. Early checkin and late checkout granted in advance. Champagne bottle in room + a free bar voucher for 2 glasses of Champagne at the bar (seemed too much for one person for a one night stay).

Breakfast on Sunday morning ended at 10 AM (!), because the hotel offered a brunch for a few starting 11.30 … Breakfast quality had severely deteriorated. No hot options from the kitchen (no eggs, no pancakes, waffles, nothing). Industrial pancakes and crepes on buffet of low quality. The spread was better in the past. Absolutely no service at breakfast. I didn’t even get cutleries from the staff.

Overall my stay was not bad but the breakfast was a hassle.
Seems all their money went into the champagne.
ceebee100 and llb09 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Good stay

We stayed here for a few days after our international flight to reset jet lag before a long road trip. Overall, a pretty good stay for a unique property, but a car is highly recommended.

The hotel was a very easy 30-45 min drive from CDG. It’s located in a small village (with barely a commercial establishment to its name!), among rolling green hills and forests. The Chateau de Chantilly as well as other more populated towns, as well as a fast regional train into Paris, are all a short <10 min drive away.

The train to Paris ran on schedule and was about $10 each way, dropping you right at the Gare du Nord. Parking at Gare de Chantilly was not free, but not expensive.

Check-in
There was a corporate event when we were there so self parking lot was full and line at check-in. On arrival, there was no one to help with bags or to guide us to the reception area (which ended up being a bit further than we anticipated from where we parked).

At check-in we were informed that the “connecting rooms” my concierge had confirmed actually did not exist at this hotel, and instead she seems quite delighted to put our young kids in a room across the hall instead. “They will be very close. Right across the hall!” Apparently she had never been introduced to the 4-7 year old human male species before. :-) We made our case that “across the hall” was not an option, but she confessed the hotel had no connecting rooms.

She offered to show me the situation as well as our Chantilly Suite (confirmed in advance with TSU). We walked to one of 4-5 buildings that housed rooms and took an elevator to the top floor.

Room/Suite
The Chantilly Suite was huge at 1,000+ square feet, more spacious than most Manhattan apartments — with a small reception area, generous master bathroom, small master bedroom, separate additional powder room, dining area and great room. We decided with her to crash the enter family in one room and refund the other room. They brought in a roll away and made up the couch with sheets and blankets. We stuck the crib in the bathroom.

Overall, the suite was fantastically designed and comfortable. Large windows overlooked the greenery of the property and the entire suite was flooded with light. Despite what appeared to be a recent — and very tasteful — renovation, the room was showing some wear, or at least a lack of maintenance. For example, some of the black out curtains were half dangling off the rods. There were plenty of nicks and discernible stains on the furniture, and the tub faucet leaked all over the bathroom. But we looked past that and really enjoyed the space for the few days we were there.

A few modest changes I’d suggest: a larger refrigerator, sun blocking curtains in the bathroom, a study of leaks/drains from tub and the open walk-in shower, more easily accessible outlets — especially by the dining table, and a fold-out couch.

Meals/Breakfast
The hotel advertises a “Market”, which I had assumed to be an all-day retail location on site as one often finds on resort properties. Instead, it is a meagre menu (only 3-4 main dishes, for example) of room dining options. To review the menu, one had to go to the reception desk. That was also where you placed your order. We did this the first night for a late lunch. Food was delivered in small glass storage containers (that were very hard to open!). Portions were small, but tasty. I’d not do this again.

As noted in another review, the breakfast buffet was quite good! Lots of options from Bircher muesli, to breads, to cereals and cold cuts, to pancakes and pastries, yogurts and fruits. Hot dishes included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, potatoes, and an open kitchen to make eggs to order. There was no drip coffee, only machine espresso, which was on the better end of machines out there (but still “meh”). One day, the machine was acting up so one of the waitresses offered to make me a real latte from the real espresso machine behind the bar. Much better! Unfortunately, this seemed to be a favor not a rule, and it wasn’t offered in subsequent days. Overall, we were fans of the breakfast!

Gym/pool
The gym was small but well equipped with new looking Technogym equipment, including a SkillMill curved treadmill that was fun to try.

The pool was big, certainly by European standards, and indoors, which was a plus given the weather. On most days they said they were to be limiting visits to 1-hour reservations. In practice, we were at the pool with at least 5-7 other people. Locker room facilities were also spacious and modern.

In conclusion
A good stay at a property that served its purpose as a quiet, if not somewhat boring, get away that was reasonably close to CDG without being in the hustle and bustle of Paris. We would stay again for 2-3 nights.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I’m sorry that jet lag caught the best of me and I neglected to take many pics. These two give you a sense of the property.

travelista likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
We are staying here 3 nights before a intra-Europe flight at CDG (deciding between a 9:20 AM departure and a 9:20 PM departure).

We will be in Paris prior. Is a car needed to see Chantilly or is Uber sufficient? What about getting to CDG.

Sounds like the drive from Paris on a Sunday is pretty easy, what about a weekday drive to CDG for a 9:20 AM departure (so probably 6:30).

Any strong arguments for one way vs. the other? It's an award stay so if there is a parking charge, it should be free.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:12 am

The hotel does not seem to be taking reservations from 1 Oct 2022. Reservations mentioned that it would be leaving Hyatt.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by beachfan
We are staying here 3 nights before a intra-Europe flight at CDG (deciding between a 9:20 AM departure and a 9:20 PM departure).

We will be in Paris prior. Is a car needed to see Chantilly or is Uber sufficient? What about getting to CDG.

Sounds like the drive from Paris on a Sunday is pretty easy, what about a weekday drive to CDG for a 9:20 AM departure (so probably 6:30).

Any strong arguments for one way vs. the other? It's an award stay so if there is a parking charge, it should be free.
It was 100 euros and change for our car service from CDG. If you can stomach the drive and want to see things around Chantilly my recommendation is get a car, Ubers and taxis are not cheap around there.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by eriond
The hotel does not seem to be taking reservations from 1 Oct 2022. Reservations mentioned that it would be leaving Hyatt.
I really liked it as long as you ate off site. That's a bummer. It was a nice change of pace.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bummer - it was a good low key option away from touristy madness with fairly easy train connection and good restaurants in senlis and other places nearby
lalala likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Wow, glad I'm confirmed for September. Great deal on a premium suite.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I know the hotel is in a very difficult financial situation, losing millions every year since the opening pre-covid so this is likely why they are leaving Hyatt. They were close to bankrupt when it was sold to Lavorel Hotels Group last in 2021 and ever since they have tried to cut costs in all the possible ways. Restaurant prices have been increased by +30/40% since the hotel opened in 2018 while the quality and quantity decreased substantially. Curious to see what happen next...
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
bummer - it was a good low key option away from touristy madness with fairly easy train connection and good restaurants in senlis and other places nearby
Will be staying 3 nights at the end of this month. Any recommendations for those good restaurants in Senlis and other places nearby? Merci.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregorio1
Will be staying 3 nights at the end of this month. Any recommendations for those good restaurants in Senlis and other places nearby? Merci.
our last trip was a few years back pre-covid and i remember trying several places based on reviews and they were all quite good.. Senlis is not a very touristy area with overpriced food for foreigners so i would just try what looks good and appears popular with locals.. plus USD is rather strong now so experimenting is more affordable

perhaps other FTers with more recent trips can chime in with suggestions...
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:19 am
iwc

Confirmed

This hotel will no longer be a Hyatt-branded or Hyatt-affiliated property after September 30, 2022. Effective October 1st 2022, the hotel will be operated by Lavorel Hotels group as Le Grand Pavillon Chantilly. The hotel is accepting reservations for paid stays after September 30, 2022 and Lavorel Hotels group has confirmed that all paid reservations made through Hyatt channels until September 30, 2022 will be honoured. For questions about reservations beyond September 30, 2022 please contact the hotel directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.