Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Resort/Destination Fee Waived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wh6cto
Resort Fee Waiver policy:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...terms.html#/VC

(h) Waived Resort, Destination, or Facility Fees: Resort, destination, or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. (As described in Appendix B, resort, destination, or facility fees are waived for all Members when staying on a Free Night Award.) This benefit is not valid at any Hyatt Residence Club resort. In some instances, a hotel or resort may charge other fees (such as a “service fee”) that are independent of any resort, destination, or facility fee charged by that hotel or resort. Any such fees will not be waived for Globalists pursuant to this benefit.
Definition of an Eligible Rate:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...are-tiers.html (hover over the hypertext in the first paragraph to display the text below)

An “eligible rate” is any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash award). Eligible rates exclude free night awards, rooms booked on third-party online retailers, traditional wholesale rates (e.g., GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. For complete details, please see the World of Hyatt program terms.
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay - Waived on eligible rates and redemptions.

MGM Resorts (M life) excluded from Resort Fee waiver:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ife-terms.html

Resort fees, where charged by the applicable M life Rewards destination, apply to all Program awards redeemed at participating M life Rewards destinations.

No Program benefits offered to elite Members are valid or offered at M life Rewards destinations, except that, as detailed above, elite Members who choose to receive points for an M life-Eligible Night will also receive their respective Program point bonuses.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt Palm Springs waived the $20 resort fee on paid rate at checkout.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Good for you.

Is it policy to waive on paid stays? Priceline bookings? Hyatt Lake Tahoe looks great on PL if the resort fee vanishes.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
For Globs, from https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html

Forget the resort fees

Enjoy waived resort fees on free night awards and eligible rates.

Or in more detail, from the T&C:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...terms.html#/VC

Waived Resort or Facility Fees: Resort or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. (As described in Appendix B, resort or facility fees are waived for all Members when staying on a Free Night Award.) This benefit is not valid at any Hyatt Residence Club resort or M life Resort. In some instances, a hotel or resort may charge other fees (such as a “service fee”) that are independent of any resort or facility fee charged by that hotel or resort. Any such fees will not be waived for Globalists pursuant to this benefit.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Grand Hyatt Kauai is claiming Points and Cash is an ineligible rate for resort fee waiver; do I have a valid case to argue here?
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Of course you do! Just email them a copy/ link to the Terms & Conditions where it explicitly states that.
I received a seperate email from an Assistant Manager of the hotel and she confirmed that Points and Cash is an eligible rate; she thinks the person who advised me otherwise was confused about the free parking perk.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Colin
good to hear I have gotten suite upgrades since the first of the year and it continues! The suite upgrade (4) is usable with awards I just confirmed a suite at the Churchill in London for Christmas.

I'm in
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:52 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Despite my advance confirmation with the Assistant Manager, the resort fee showed up on my folio at the Grand Hyatt Kauai and I got pushback from the front desk agent when I asked her to waive it. I am sure this will be resolved in my favor, bit it is still annoying.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
How about Andaz Peninsula Papagayo ? Anyone knows?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:38 pm

Despite my advance confirmation with the Assistant Manager, the resort fee showed up on my folio at the Grand Hyatt Kauai and I got pushback from the front desk agent when I asked her to waive it. I am sure this will be resolved in my favor, bit it is still annoying.
it seems that the Hyatt's in the islands try to until someone complains
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by edgewood49
it seems that the Hyatt's in the islands try to until someone complains
There are probably a ton of Globalists who just aren't aware of this change, so the properties just collect fees as they can. Just look at how much confusion there is about what rules apply to what type of reservation here on FT.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
Good for you.

Is it policy to waive on paid stays? Priceline bookings? Hyatt Lake Tahoe looks great on PL if the resort fee vanishes.
why would you book on Priceline when you have status with Hyatt ?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
They waive a lot of things for people staying there! Until the remodel
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Andaz Scottsdale

Resort fee automatically waived (didn't even appear on folio).
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hedoman
Good for you.

Do PL bookings qualify?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Same thing happened to me at the HR Huntington Beach. Front desk is insisting P&C is not an eligible rate and transferred me to "Hyatt accounting," which yields a 10+ minute wait.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
PL and third party bookings have no lounge access, no upgrades, and pay the resort fee. I lucked out with a great front desk manager that explained the new policy. Exception made for this stay....in my favor. This is Incline Village.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.