Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Resort/Destination Fee Waived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wh6cto
Resort Fee Waiver policy:

https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...terms.html#/VC

(h) Waived Resort, Destination, or Facility Fees: Resort, destination, or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate. (As described in Appendix B, resort, destination, or facility fees are waived for all Members when staying on a Free Night Award.) This benefit is not valid at any Hyatt Residence Club resort. In some instances, a hotel or resort may charge other fees (such as a “service fee”) that are independent of any resort, destination, or facility fee charged by that hotel or resort. Any such fees will not be waived for Globalists pursuant to this benefit.
Definition of an Eligible Rate:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...are-tiers.html (hover over the hypertext in the first paragraph to display the text below)

An “eligible rate” is any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash award). Eligible rates exclude free night awards, rooms booked on third-party online retailers, traditional wholesale rates (e.g., GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. For complete details, please see the World of Hyatt program terms.
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay - Waived on eligible rates and redemptions.

MGM Resorts (M life) excluded from Resort Fee waiver:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ife-terms.html

Resort fees, where charged by the applicable M life Rewards destination, apply to all Program awards redeemed at participating M life Rewards destinations.

No Program benefits offered to elite Members are valid or offered at M life Rewards destinations, except that, as detailed above, elite Members who choose to receive points for an M life-Eligible Night will also receive their respective Program point bonuses.

Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Resort/Destination Fee Waived]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

the PH St Kitts thread says not waived
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I feel like I should know this, but I’m not 100% sure. What about resorts that don’t do an actual resort fee but rather a % based service charge?
Originally Posted by Colin
10% service charge applied to everything at the Andaz Costa Rica was not waived
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

the Andaz Papagayo discloses sales tax and resort fees on top of the room rate during booking.
the resort fee would be certain to be waived for a globalist.

if you’re saying Papagayo is charging an additional, undisclosed 10% service charge on top of the room rate, then that is appalling but a different issue.

the PH St Kitts is perfect example of the bad actor bcosinteno is asking about.
namely, a real resort that you’d expect to disclose a resort fee, doesn’t have a resort fee, and does have a service charge.
the bad act would seem to be intentionally labeling the resort fee as a service charge just to not have to waive it for globalists.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
the Andaz Papagayo discloses sales tax and resort fees on top of the room rate during booking.
the resort fee would be certain to be waived for a globalist.

if you’re saying Papagayo is charging an additional, undisclosed 10% service charge on top of the room rate, then that is appalling but a different issue.

namely, a real resort that you’d expect to disclose a resort fee, doesn’t have a resort fee, and does have a service charge.
the bad act would seem to be intentionally labeling the resort fee as a service charge just to not have to waive it for globalists.
My reading of the original question was whether something called a service charge was waived. I took a look at the St Kitts thread and people there were talking about a service charge that was not waived

I stayed on points at the Andaz, so it's not clear what they are actually charging on a room rate and if it would be waved. In looking at a mock booking, I see no disclosure of a flat Resort Fee, but I see a line item called "resort fees". It does not appear to be a flat fee but rather a percentage. It does not match the 10% service charge I saw on all my food and drink bills though, so I'm not sure what to make of it
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

the service charge applied to food & beverage is wholly unrelated and needlessly confusing in a thread discussing resort fees, which are charges (either flat or percentage of base room rate) added on top of the base room rate
jtc246 likes this.

Last edited by Colin; Aug 4, 2019 at 10:25 pm
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
On my PH St Kitts invoice I did not have any resort fee. there was a service charge, but that is F&B mainly, so nothing to to with resort fee.
To my knowledge, there is not resort fee charged at all. (at least when I attempted to book today. no mention of a resort fee.
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
St Kitts does NOT charge a resort fee so there is nothing to waive. They do charge a 10% service charge on room rate, which is the same practice as almost every Asian hotel. This is not eligible to be waived under the T&C's.

Papagayo charges a resort fee - 12% of room rate. Andaz Mayakoba is similar at 15%. These are to be waived per the T&Cs.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium; Hyatt - Globalist; United - 1K
Originally Posted by jasonvr
10% service charge applied to everything at the Andaz Costa Rica was not waived
Fairly certain that was just the "tip being included" on F&B purchases.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Do destination fees get waived? Specifically asking about the Andaz West Hollywood.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:37 pm

Resort, destination, or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:59 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I didn't find anything in this thread related to the M-Life hotels in Las Vegas. If I interpret the T&C Correctly, then "waived resort fees" on free nights should apply to the MGM Las Vegas hotels, too. correct? (only mention in the T&C are the Hyatt Residence Club being excluded)

Does anyone have experience here when booking an award stay?

Thanks

extract of T&C

Originally Posted by [
12. Waiver of Resort, Destination, or Facility Fee on Free Night Awards. Resort, destination, or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Members redeeming a Free Night Award. This benefit is not valid at any Hyatt Residence Club resort. This benefit applies only to nights for which the Member has redeemed a Free Night Award. This benefit does not apply to any Room Upgrade Award, Points + Cash Award, or any non-stay award (e.g., a Dining, Spa and More Award or a Future Meeting Credit (defined in [url=https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-terms/world-of-hyatt-terms.html?icamp=woh_benefitbadges_terms#D]Appendix D)). In some instances, a hotel or resort may charge other fees (such as a “service fee”) that are independent of any resort, destination, or facility fee charged by that hotel or resort. Any such fees will not be waived for Members pursuant to this benefit.

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 25, 2019 at 1:06 pm
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:11 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I didn't find anything in this thread related to the M-Life hotels in Las Vegas. If I interpret the T&C Correctly, then "waived resort fees" on free nights should apply to the MGM Las Vegas hotels, too. correct? (only mention in the T&C are the Hyatt Residence Club being excluded)

Does anyone have experience here when booking an award stay?

Thanks

extract of T&C
Not correct ... "Resort fees, where charged by the applicable M life Rewards destination, apply to all Program awards redeemed at participating M life Rewards destinations."

Here's the T&Cs you should be looking at ... https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ife-terms.html
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:32 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by skj
Not correct ... "Resort fees, where charged by the applicable M life Rewards destination, apply to all Program awards redeemed at participating M life Rewards destinations."

Here's the T&Cs you should be looking at ... https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ife-terms.html
Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
Any experiences getting resort fees waived for Globalists on Friends and Family discount rates? Specifically for the HR Lake Tahoe.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Andaz Mayakoba has just switched from a 15% "resort fee" to a 5% "resort fee" plus a 10% "service charge."
Globalists will now pay 10% more here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.