Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Membership Packets - 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I would be embarrassed to show this card to anyone.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Received my Courtesy Card renewal package last week. I immediately knew there was a problem, because it was so thin and small compared to previously. I can't believe the magnitude of this unbelievably poor execution with regards to WOH. Generic photo only brochures with a printed on crap paper description of benefits? I get better brochures from Chinese takeout restaurants.

The cards are an absolute disgrace to both Hyatt and their customers. I am shocked by the obvious horrific quality and attempted cost savings designed to completely piss us off evidently. As someone else mentioned, calling cards are more impressive. They couldn't spend the extra 50 cents to make it something heir customers would like to carry?

Similar to removing all hot food and ALL room service from various properties recently as well, everything is going down hill. So much for a full Service hotel. Hyatt has seriously become crap.

I did also receive a green leather passport cover with a logo so horribly embossed that I think I could have done better with a screwdriver.

And what the hell were they thinking with this logo that looks like a 2 year old drew it? I am telling you, friends, this is the beginning of the end. Way to go Jeff Zidell. You just lost my business.

Last edited by ainternational; Mar 6, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
For anyone not completely butt hurt about Hyatt who wants my united passes let me know. Gave them away last year on the forum doing so this year. PM.

--- gone---

Last edited by austin_modern; Mar 7, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by austin_modern
For anyone not completely butt hurt about Hyatt who wants my united passes let me know. Gave them away last year on the forum doing so this year. PM.
If you're so inclined, I'll bet the USO would find well-deserved homes for them.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by lalala
We have used the rubber band twice! Marvelous addition to the Hyatt brand.
^ You know, it's really funny because, when I started the thread, I was denigrating the packet with my comments. But, I also don't like to waste things and have used the rubber band to secure my reading glasses case because the spring just broke, and I am in transit for another 18 hours before I reach my destination, so it has come in really handy.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:49 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I agree with other posters here. The rubber band is of highest quality ... and the most useful item in the packet. (I'm already a United Club member, as are many frequent travelers.)
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
The photo and design of the Globalist card I received in the mail looks just like the card in the link you provided.

The Hyatt Globalist card looks like a membership card to the local Children's Petting Zoo.
Lowly Discoverist here, my Hyatt avatar is a pair of sneakers with X-Box green trim. I looked at it and thought my zoo membership card was more professionally done.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
So, now we know Hyatt uses Instaprint (or is it called ZipPrint).
Such a cheaply done package.

I needed a rubber band, and since I boycott United I find the rubber band to be the best park of the package
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Do Memberists get packages, too?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I got my elephant card today (arrive last week but just got to the office today).

Sure, it is ugly, and kinda cheap, and white text on an orange background on the back is almost impossible to read (at least for my old eyes), but if this is the thing that moves you away from Hyatt, your camel's back was already broken before this straw hit.

it is going to go in the bottom of my bag with my old Diamond card and a dozen other loyalty program cards that I never use because all of their apps are on my phone.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Lowly Discoverist here, my Hyatt avatar is a pair of sneakers with X-Box green trim. I looked at it and thought my zoo membership card was more professionally done.
What? Is this what Discoverist cards look like?

I have a few upcoming P+C bookings to get rid of my points. This decision feels better and better.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Sure, it is ugly, and kinda cheap, and white text on an orange background on the back is almost impossible to read (at least for my old eyes), but if this is the thing that moves you away from Hyatt, your camel's back was already broken before this straw hit.

it is going to go in the bottom of my bag with my old Diamond card and a dozen other loyalty program cards that I never use because all of their apps are on my phone.
Yeah, ultimately I wish they wouldn't even spend money on mailing out these cards.

I think most people here just see the design as yet another symptom or indicator of Hyatt's loyalty program having gone off the rails.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Mar 7, 2017 at 11:50 am
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
What? Is this what Discoverist cards look like?

I have a few upcoming P+C bookings to get rid of my points. This decision feels better and better.
^
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta, United, SPG, HHonors, Hyatt
Wrong Tier in Membership Packet

I am a Globalist and the status shown online confirms this. However, the packet welcomes me as an Explorist without the two club passes.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BanffJasper
I am a Globalist and the status shown online confirms this. However, the packet welcomes me as an Explorist without the two club passes.
Maybe contact your W o' Hyatt Concierge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.