World of Hyatt- odd introduction picture

Old Mar 3, 17, 5:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

World of Hyatt- odd introduction picture

Got that Email today. Only after watching the video it becomes apparent that she is not handing her a scarf or burka to cover herself up...
Old Mar 3, 17, 9:01 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Not only an odd picture, the whole commercial is not great.

- The commercial begins with resentments and preconceptions fueled by clothes following local or religious traditions.
- Is not a way of communicating for a company delivering servcies and making money from international tourism and freedom of travel.

IMHO completely gone wrong.
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It also sounds like a very negative way to begin a commercial.
Old Mar 3, 17, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Meanwhile Hilton's new advertisement is an infinitely lighter "What kind of weekender are you?"
Old Mar 3, 17, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Miesque View Post
Meanwhile Hilton's new advertisement is an infinitely lighter "What kind of weekender are you?"
One who didn't get their newest targeted promo in my case

(but at least they have the 2k/night promo going and actually a property where I am going, so life's not all bad in Honors land)
Old Mar 3, 17, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
It takes a special kind of crazy to base your hospitality brand perception on the issue of religion. This is like when Starbucks instructed it's front-line people to engage it's customers on racial conflict when they came in to relax over coffee.

I half expect Hyatt FDAs to ask me at check-in for my credit card, I.D. and what am I doing to combat religious strife around the World of Hyatt.
Old Mar 3, 17, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
One who didn't get their newest targeted promo in my case

(but at least they have the 2k/night promo going and actually a property where I am going, so life's not all bad in Honors land)
With point value pretty much fixed at <0.5c as a result of mar 1 round of enhancements i wouldnt get too excited..
They outdeltaed delta in dilution and obfuscation of reward program...
But i am going ot here...
Old Mar 3, 17, 9:54 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
World of Hyatt has been described as attracting Millenials, no doubt because of the rise of AirBnB and because they are anything but loyal in the way many of us are to brands.

Activism is the new corporate marketing. One may also argue that the Pritzkers founding influence may still be felt throughout Hyatt, but I couldn't be certain.
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Just chiming in here...as a millennial and a Digital Marketing major, I think all of these campaigns and designs are very disappointing.
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:35 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by svo242 View Post
Just chiming in here...as a millennial and a Digital Marketing major, I think all of these campaigns and designs are very disappointing.
I think no one disagrees that World of Hyatt branding is from the early 1990s! The logos, the fonts, the entire brand is horrific!
Old Mar 4, 17, 7:30 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
I think no one disagrees that World of Hyatt branding is from the early 1990s! The logos, the fonts, the entire brand is horrific!
Yet we are all talking about it, expressing opinions, providing feedback and engaging around the changes. Hmmm, what is the point of marketing again?
Old Mar 4, 17, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
Yet we are all talking about it, expressing opinions, providing feedback and engaging around the changes. Hmmm, what is the point of marketing again?
The point of marketing is to improve your brand approval and increase your market share and/or profitability.

If it were what you are claiming it is, Hyatt could replace it's unionized housekeepers with children. Then we would all be talking about that, expressing opinions, providing feedback and engaging.
Old Mar 5, 17, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
Oh, "all publicity is good publicity"?

Counter-example: Gerald Ratner
Old Mar 5, 17, 7:43 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shorthauldad View Post
Oh, "all publicity is good publicity"?

Counter-example: Gerald Ratner
Interesting wiki article, I hadn't heard about Ratner, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure the circumstances are all that similar.
Old Mar 5, 17, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
It takes a special kind of crazy to base your hospitality brand perception on the issue of religion. This is like when Starbucks instructed it's front-line people to engage it's customers on racial conflict when they came in to relax over coffee.

I half expect Hyatt FDAs to ask me at check-in for my credit card, I.D. and what am I doing to combat religious strife around the World of Hyatt.
+1. Hyatt has lost their goddam minds.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: